small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

Guest young7777

It isn't a reserve price but more like the seller's preferred selling price. If you happen to offer a price matching the "hope winning bid" price, sometimes the seller will end the auction early. Please note this is just my experience in bidding on yahoo auction japan.

On Yahoo Auctions Japan, what does 希望落札価格 (translated by Google to Hope winning bid) mean? Is it a reserve or a buy-it-now price? Or is it merely what the seller hopes to get? Thanks.

Is it acceptable to wear trousers without belt loops? The only pair I have that I like (as far as fit goes) has a tab and button, but no belt loops. It fits perfectly without a belt or suspenders.

(http://www.site.edu.au/elearning/merchandise/flat-front-trouser.jpg like that. those aren't the ones I have, that's just from google).

Also, where does one find slim dress pants? I was thinking of getting the april77 ones way back but now nobody carries them. Barneys didn't have anything under size 30, and neither did the online stores I checked. I usually fit a 28-29. The 30's that I did try on (various labels) had baggy fits.

The only one I remember seeing that I like was a raf simons one.

It isn't a reserve price but more like the seller's preferred selling price. If you happen to offer a price matching the "hope winning bid" price, sometimes the seller will end the auction early. Please note this is just my experience in bidding on yahoo auction japan.

yap! usually yahoo auction seller not really welcome lowballs or offers.

i don't know maybe its just japanese traditions.

and ya that meant seller's preferred selling price!

Sorry if this is answered in a FAQ section, but I need to purchase some vans slip ons online, and wanted tips on sizing. I generally wear 11-11.5 US, and also if you know of any spots with the vans maharama in grey that looks kinda like denim or sites that carry a wide selection it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Is it acceptable to wear trousers without belt loops? The only pair I have that I like (as far as fit goes) has a tab and button, but no belt loops. It fits perfectly without a belt or suspenders.

(http://www.site.edu.au/elearning/merchandise/flat-front-trouser.jpg like that. those aren't the ones I have, that's just from google).

Also, where does one find slim dress pants? I was thinking of getting the april77 ones way back but now nobody carries them. Barneys didn't have anything under size 30, and neither did the online stores I checked. I usually fit a 28-29. The 30's that I did try on (various labels) had baggy fits.

The only one I remember seeing that I like was a raf simons one.

It's totally acceptable to wear dress pants without belt loops, in fact, that's hot a lot of pairs from a couple years past always came, or at least in my experience that mantra seems to hold true. I actually have a pair from McQueen f/w 07 that are amazing. I would recommend having the pants tailored to sit right below the ankle or right on it (or right above if you're looking for Thom Browne style), because the pants give a lengthening effect because of the lack of belt loops. As for where to get them, I would recommend the more high fashion labels, my top guesses being McQueen, Raf, Dior (I dunno about the KvA designs, but definitely in the Hedi seasons they were all over his runways), Jil (maybe), Dolce (maybe), etc. Sorry I don't have a ton of ideas on where to get them.

are you looking for consignment high-fashion stuff?

tokio 7 and INA?

what comes around goes around maybe another option (not high fashion though)

http://www.apc.fr/us/en/fiche_article.php?ref=1M013315284H&color=GR008&oldcolor=NR001

Does anyone have pictures of this APC Hooded Jacket being worn? Definately considering buying this in a xs, but i have no idea how this thing fits.

go back to the apc website and click on news under the men section, you should see the hooded jacket being worn by a model, if not click on the 02 subsection under news. http://www.apc.fr/us/en/homme_ws2.php

theres a sizing chart, somewhere on the website, and ive brought a long sleeve tee from them and id say its pretty acurate, but check with others just incase

go back to the apc website and click on news under the men section, you should see the hooded jacket being worn by a model, if not click on the 02 subsection under news. http://www.apc.fr/us/en/homme_ws2.php

theres a sizing chart, somewhere on the website, and ive brought a long sleeve tee from them and id say its pretty acurate, but check with others just incase

Ah, yeah i saw that, but its not giving me the best idea of how it fits. I'm wondering what size that model is wearing. I'd be getting an XS, and i know the description says "loose fitting" but i'd like to know how loose exactly.

I have a pair of sneakers with a crack on the rubber sole. I only wear them casually, so what can i do to repair them? Shoe goo? Any ideas?

Anyone know any good online stockists of April 77 not just the jeans but the jackets shirts etc

Anyone?

Also are the measurements on YesStyle accurate I'm interested in getting this http://www.yesstyle.com/en/Product.aspx?pid=1005115890&section=men&

but according to the measurements the only size they have it in is a 40 inch chest, that seems a bit big, is it accurate?

Thanks