what are some high quality mens sunglasses besides oakleys?

randomtw

Pass on Oakleys.

If you're looking for a true high quality sunglass for sport activities, I suggest Maui Jim. I have a pair from their Flexon collection (Mauna Loa). Superlight weight, polarized, Flexon frames and true glass lenses instead of polycarbonate. They literally make the world look brighter. The only negative is they cost a grip. $350 to be exact.

I saw a pair of Oliver Peoples at Off 5th today, they were nice, didn't fit me well so didn't get it... They are actually owned by Oakley, IIRC...

Some Smith's are very nice IMO too. It really depends, again, what you are using them for. You may consider Rudy Projects too.

for sports, Smith makes some of the best sunglasses you can find. been mountain biking for a while and always used some Smith glasses, always be really satisfied. the quality of the lenses is pretty good and i really like the glasses where you can switch the lenses from dark, orange and yellow (really practical is you are biking for a while and don't want to bring more than a pair). only problem is that they're not the most stylish glasses around. i guess it all depends on what you would use them for. i don't really wear mine if i'm not doing any sports, i have some aviator Von Zipper that i quite like. and i doubt the quality of a pair of 1000$ Louis Vutton sunglasses is much better (i admit i wouldn't mind owning a pair though, some of them are pretty nice, but let's say that i will have to earn much more money before i spend that much on some glasses).

if you want to break the bank, Chrome Hea sunglasses are the nicest thing you can own IMO.

overall I'd say that expensive designer glasses are actually better quality then cheaper ones. some might say its only the brand that costs but I think they are more durable. not saying that all $200 glasses are good or that you couldn't find good ones for cheaper, but from my experience $20 glasses bend and scratch way more easily.

then again if you buy new ones often it doesnt really matter. I have a couple of pairs of more expensive ones and a few cheaper pairs I can wear without having to be too cautious about breaking or losing them.

Really depends what you want them for, If you want them to be quality because you want to do sport stick with oakleys, I do alot of serious mountain biking and spy, diesel etc do not compare to oakleys, great lens, very light, great fit.

That said, im not a fan of the oakley styling.

For me, Style= Wayfarer, Function=Oakley