Manbags - right or wrong?

Cue

me thinks:

men wear backpacks or messenger bags. if you want something smaller, you wear bags like the one chard has (i think theyre called map bags), fannypacks, basically anything not associated with the feminine image (tote bags, handbags, purses, douche bags).

really? i emailed them a couple times, but no dice...

the hardware i refer to is the plastic quick-release clip on the shoulder strap of the civvie model.

i should just roll in there.

yeah, every time i've asked them about doing stuff for me, they've replied really fast and seemed open to custom mods of their stuff for not that much extra. he was going to build me a custom hip pouch ... a little larger ... so i could have something to keep tools in while on the road.

the term manbag ain't well defined so difficult to answer to the original post, but any messenger shape bag big enough to carry an A4 notebook has to be safe.

incidentally, can any of you bag obsessors suggest something functional, light and hard wearing for less than $100 / £50? My old bag finally died the other day... took a look at the Frietag ones but would prefer something that at least feels like natural material. [Have read the Freitag/Baileys/Jack Spade post on here a while back - anything in the Jack Spade type shape but more practical looking? and velcro don't do it for me]

most messenger work bags are made of heavy duty cordura like the jack spade greene street bags and are all very light. most will have velcro w/ buckles though, but i'm sure smaller companies like reload or baileyworks would make one without the velcro.

I carry a Swedish Army bag of some sort. It is green canvas with a leather bottom and about 6 " wide and about 10-12" deep. Call it what you want but I got to have it. I am secure enough not to care if you call it a man purse/bag/whatever. It is funtional and allows me to carry what I need though a 10 to 12 hour work day. If that makes me brave...whatever, it's really not that big of a deal.

I think a smaller messenger style bag is allright

by the way whats officially a man bag, like a tote bag? I call everything that looks like it wasn't made for men a man bag so I'm not sure what the official interpretation is..?

most messenger work bags are made of heavy duty cordura like the jack spade greene street bags and are all very light. most will have velcro w/ buckles though, but i'm sure smaller companies like reload or baileyworks would make one without the velcro.

cheers. know of any close alternatives to the js greene st bags? Think I'm after that sort of satchel style rather than authentic messenger style. Something that'll pass at the office when it needs to...

product.jpg