whats your favorite 10 clothing labels?

edwin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I've seen some at Loveless. Pretty sure most of it is for girls, but if I had the money, I'd buy one of his leather jackets.

Taralis cuts androgynous garments meant to be worn by men or women, so if it fits you then you're the intended audience. This doesn't apply to everything (i.e. skirts and such) but its still the general idea.

In no particular order:

• Helmut Lang

• Alexander McQueen

• Costume National

• Thom Browne

* Martin Margiela

* Raf Simons

* Adam Kimmel

* Carol Christian Poell

• Balenciaga

• <insert jap denim here>

I only own pieces from about 1/2 the people listed, but here's to completing the mission!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000dB

I've seen some at Loveless. Pretty sure most of it is for girls, but if I had the money, I'd buy one of his leather jackets.

Taralis cuts androgynous garments meant to be worn by men or women, so if it fits you then you're the intended audience. This doesn't apply to everything (i.e. skirts and such) but its still the general idea.

Funny that you mention skirts, I saw a book at that same store (loveless) titled "men with skirts". I was going to buy it, but the prices at that store are inflated for books and such things. Anyway, I've always liked skirts on guys, but most are too dramatic or costumey to really be incorporated in my wardrobe. Perhaps some day...

Raf Simons

Rick Owens

Dior Homme

Yohji Yamamoto

Nom de Guerre

Wings & Horns (and W+H) -- mainly because they're local :)

Obakki -- again, because they're local and have impressive stuff

Julius

Ann Demeulemeester

Converse

So, yeah, kind of easy to see what kind of style I favor... Don't have anything from Julius, other than that I have experience with each of these.