what are you doing today

cheapmuthafukr

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meant to be going out for a first date lunch with a girl in two hours time but it's raining and I don't really wanna see her that badly anyway.

Can I postpone a date because of rain without seeming like a dick? Keeping in mind that it NEVER rains in my city, it's like a freak event for which nobody is prepared.

went skating after work... drank some beer at the park and skated for about 2 hours.

img6742q.jpg

then, my friend bird showed up. havent seen him in at least 4 months. i knew he had been arrested for some graffiti, but i didnt know how serious it was. he told me he had just spent the past 3 and a half months in jail. 3 felonies. 3 years probation. he actually got off pretty good tho, since they tried to stick him with 36 charges at first, and he had been held on a 1.2 million dollar bond. this was the first time he had skated since he got out last week.

img6747b.jpg

so, of course i turned my camera on him... i was tired by that point anyways and hadnt shot any skate photos in quite a while. i shot a huge ollie he did and it turned out really shitty. then, he did this 360 boneless that was pretty fucking cool...

yeQLuO.gif

after landing that he tried this 360 flip till dark.

img6946pk.jpg

i realized then that i hate this shit camera(hand me down 20d), or at least the lens on it, and i need to just shoot flim from now on. fuck digital for shit like this... it never comes out as good as id like. not the composition, but just the picture quality

then i came home, ate some frozen pizza, drank more beer, argued with my wife a bit, and now im here.

rain is the best, who the fuck wants the sun giving you vitamin d and other shit.

i imagine seattle to be london's spiritually aqueous cousin. (though you have nothing on us)

I've not spent much time in London (1-2 days) but having lived in England for 3 years and WA for 7, we're very similar in depressing weather.

I love it.

cheep, film > digital for lyfe. but for action shit, you wanna make sure you know your camera well (or just use flash a bunch). have fun with your rangefinder. my first real camera was my yashica rangefinder.

^You seriously evacuating? My roommates are freaking out.. car is parked right around the corner. Thinking about leaving tonight as well.

My apt is surrounded NSW&E by major flood zones, but I'm just gonna ride it out. I'm stocked up on booze, beer, kush, groceries, and water. As long as the power doesn't go out or my AC's don't blo out the window, I should be ok.

I just have no idea how I'll walk my dog.