Uniqlo +J F/W 11

what no

Anybody check out the new drop today? Interested in the quilted blazer/coat thingy.

I just bought the black one today at 34th. The down feather filling is kinda thin but it feels warmer than my supreme jacket ;/. I wish they they didn't have the tab extension under the lapel and side pockets would have been better. Great piece for someone who can't afford Moncler Gamme Bleu ;/

thoughts on +J block tech fishtail parka

the fabric is a stiff coated cotton similar to mackintosh jackets. the parka is unlined, therefore no inside pockets, only the two outside pockets. all inside seams are taped. it's nice that the hood is big, but it can't be removed or stowed away.

it's difficult to mold the hood just right, it usually looks like a floppy mess. the stiff standing collar rubs a bit against your neck. also, i noticed with the olive and presumably the black parka, scratches show up easily on the coated cotton fabric.

overall, it's a nice, stylish jacket, but i really wish you could zip away the hood. it's a pain in the ass to mold it just right so it doesn't look like a discombobulated mess.

update on +J fishtail

this thing is NOT made for cold weather. it's ~47F today and i was cold wearing an undershirt, thermal and a light cotton sweater underneath the jacket.

it's cut pretty boxy, so wind creeps in. there's a hidden waist cinch that only cinches in the back, making it pretty useless for protecting you from cold drafts.

i'd recommend this as a rain coat since water does bead up on contact.