Folta & Co. Denim

foltaco

Hello everyone!

in this very first thread, please allow us to introduce you "Folta 027-50"

Founded in 2010 in Indonesia, Folta & Co. has just launched its official 3rd product, named 027-50.

The 14.5 oz, pink selvadge line denim used for this jeans is a reproduction of the denim in the 50's, woven by Memphis cotton where it express the dry and rough texture of U.S Vintage denim. We also put a hidden rivet in the back pocket, union made button, Washer-Burr Rivet, rope inserted in the belt loop, chain stitch, and union special 43200G for hemming. We hope below photos will describe it best:

and by the way, we would be really grateful to know what you guys think about it.

2-e1312939231212.jpg

DSC_1251-e1312939936666.jpg

11-e1312940021122.jpg

DSC_1257-e1312940067414.jpg

8-e1312940124137.jpg

DSC_1166-e1312940185671.jpg

10-e1312940440474.jpg

Hi everyone,

since Foltaco account is still awaiting for activation, I will temporary reply your questions on behalf of Folta & Co.

-------------

@Johnnylazar : Thank you Jhonny. the cut is slim straight

perhaps this fit picture can describe it best

027-50-Peter.jpg

---------------

@Iwmmm : Thank you :)

here is the close up picture of the patch

4-e1312999282573.jpg

The price is EUR 110 excluding shipping cost but including free hemming by union special 43200G

---------------

@hamaien : Thank you and the arc is just being used for the first time in 027-50. we are glad that you like it.

for Folta 025, we only have 28 and 29 left but this jeans is ready stock at size 28 - 34, for the size chart you can go to www.folta.co/027-50

---------------

@ADH92 thank you for compliment, we will continue to strive the best for our product.

---------------

@madstaxbro : Thank you for your input but can you be more specific about the yoke? why do you think it is inadequate?

--------------

Thank you again guys, we really appreciate your input. :)

we are now working on Folta 028, slim fit cut with Cone Mills denim.

We will keep you up-to-date :)

I know half the companies out there use the 'union made' thing, but for alot of folks its usage on non-union goods is offensive. Some of us come from generations of folks that fought (and died) for workers rights, which the union label represents. At least garments that are reproductions have some reasonable motivation for using it, and are somewhat respectful in homage. In this case it is just picking one meaningless 'vintage' cliche from column A and one from column B and throwing them together. Try being a little more creative and come up with something of your own instead of just putting out a jumbled hash of what everyone else is doing.

I know half the companies out there use the 'union made' thing, but for alot of folks its usage on non-union goods is offensive. Some of us come from generations of folks that fought (and died) for workers rights, which the union label represents. At least garments that are reproductions have some reasonable motivation for using it, and are somewhat respectful in homage. In this case it is just picking one meaningless 'vintage' cliche from column A and one from column B and throwing them together. Try being a little more creative and come up with something of your own instead of just putting out a jumbled hash of what everyone else is doing.

Damn. You mad

I hear that, JH. It's tough to know where to draw the line, because of the influence that US-culture has throughout the world. I have several Japanese and Korean friends who love the idea of vintage but have no clue about the history behind particular goods that are "unionmade". If you've taken a trip to either of these countries you'll also see the English language being butchered in many humorous ways (see Engrish.com). According to Folta's website, they actually seem to have an appreciation for US vintage (which I understand is different than saying vintage union-made) denim-- a 50s cut using Memphis cotton, for example. Incidentally, Indonesia does have very powerful labor unions, with a history not unlike ours, of being quite vocal and influential in positive ways. I certainly can't speak for them, but I can't say for certain I know their full intent in using the tag "union made", either.

granted slapping a union made label on a pair of jeans is not very original. about as original as when freewheelers, bootleggers reunion, real/joe/toys mccoys do it and they do it all the time. we know sufuers have been hatin on those brands for a long time.

and speaking as a citizen of one of the most exploited countries in the dollar empire, dont worry, were all in the same sinking boat, indonesia and its workers are more than equally fucked over by american multinationals.

I apologize for stirring things up more than intended, it is just a sore subject. Our opinions were solicited, and that was mine.

Other than that, they look like a fine pair of jeans. It was a good choice on the denim, and the construction with differing threads looks very good. I also like the deep pockets.

and speaking as a citizen of one of the most exploited countries in the dollar empire, dont worry, were all in the same sinking boat, indonesia and its workers are more than equally fucked over by american multinationals.

If you associate yourself with the exploited, I might suggest joining and supporting those that work to give voice and influence to the powerless and disenfranchised. Diluting and comercializing their symbols and standards only help the multinationals and imperialist governments they are in bed with.

granted slapping a union made label on a pair of jeans is not very original. about as original as when freewheelers, bootleggers reunion, real/joe/toys mccoys do it and they do it all the time. we know sufuers have been hatin on those brands for a long time.

Freewheelers/ Bootleggers and Joe McCoy pieces are union made. As is Lofgren stuff, AFAIK. One of the reasons I like those companies. For historical reasons, this doesn't mean exactly the same thing as it would in the US though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...