Are NUDIES done?

damnIam

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

whatever snuggle bunny - you'd probably be a little more respected if you actually worked.

Go get a job - I'm sure your parents will be happy

--- Original message by FGuru on Jun 13, 2006 02:27 PM

right right. exactly. i don't have a salaried job in transportation consulting, nor do i run a small clothing company with friends in my spare time. i keep forgetting all that - thanks for reminding me!

i do, however, have greentea as my backup (much appreciated, dogs), so go eat a dick.

Hey FGuru...go away you old cow

fashion guru my ass...you should change your name to FWhore ...youre late as fuck on Cheap Mondays..theyve been around forever......youre just way out of your league here i think...

Edited by Whodinihimself on Jun 13, 2006 at 03:36 PM

I don't think Nudie will go too main stream. As it is pretty obvious, their focus is on skinny, raw jeans (Slim Jim, Thin Finn, Super Slim Kim, Long John). I can't see the average jeans buyer going with a skinny fit, therefore it basically leaves one fit that most people will buy, which is the Regular Ralph. Plus, I don't think the average jeans buyer will wear there jeans without washing them for 6 months and Nudie does not make a ton of washed jeans, yet oddly enough the Regular Ralph is available in more washes than any other jean in their collection. Also, it is interesting that the skinny jeans Nudie offers are basically just available in dry indigo or dry black and with maybe 1 or 2 washes.

I'd rather it not go mainstream, but I don't really care as most people will still go for your typical G-Star, Energie, True Religion etc.

I like Nudie as a brand though, there's something about it which just pulls me in. That being said, I only want to get 1 or 2 more pairs of Nudie jeans, as well as some Puma x Evisu and a couple of Japanese Repros.

Quote:
Quote: Why didn't you take out the side stitching while u were at it? Or do you like it like that..

I am thinking maybe because the pockets would fall off. But that could just be me.

--- Original message by englandmj7 on Jun 13, 2006 05:49 PM

I think he was talking about the horizontal stiches that were part of the Nudie logo stiching...but I admit I pictured the same thing at first icon_smile_wink.gif.

As for Nudies being done or not, a quick browse through mynudies.com photos or older threads here shows how well the denim fade/age.

Edited by emuRay on Jun 13, 2006 at 06:07 PM

Quote:

as long as the fit is nice, its never done. slim jims is still a good fit, one of my favorite cuts.

now if they can make selvedge version. that be on shhhhhhh...

--- Original message by greentea on Jun 13, 2006 10:55 AM

Yup, fit is key. Although this recent spread of Japanese repro knowledge is nice, I can never see myself getting into them cause the fit is crap.

damn thats alot of post in one day.

i didnt read any of this shit because its so long, but in my opinion, japanese jeans are gaining customers because they are so true to detail, where european jeans are starting to get mainstream attention.

Nudies are definately getting more recognition in north america, and more stores are selling it making it more widely accessable. When i bought my RRDS a year ago (don't wear them very often, so I don't have a year's worth of wear on them yet), I had to phone order from Famous Friends in NYC. I couldn't buy them online. Now fucking REVOLVE clothing sells them. You definately could make the case that Nudie is "played out"... BUT: As long as nudie sticks with their mission of being anti-fashion and all about great denim, they will still make quality jeans with good fits. I would still buy and consider the jeans "cool".

By the way, in scandenavia nudie is totally mainstream, but I wouldn't say they are DONE.

Nudie is done. At least in my books. They are now part of the PD&C, Ernest Sewn, True Religion crowd.

Just got back from Hong Kong and Lane Crawford had a huge Nudie collection right beside the racks of the abovementioned brands.

Besides, quality is inferior vs. Japanese brands. Fit may be good but quality wise, it's not a wise buy specially at $265/pair.

Quote:

Nudie is done. At least in my books. They are now part of the PD&C, Ernest Sewn, True Religion crowd.

Just got back from Hong Kong and Lane Crawford had a huge Nudie collection right beside the racks of the abovementioned brands.

Besides, quality is inferior vs. Japanese brands. Fit may be good but quality wise, it's not a wise buy specially at $265/pair.

--- Original message by john11f on Jun 13, 2006 08:18 PM

agreed, was a big proponent when famous friends had them in 04, but quality has been shit recently. believe it

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

Lane Crawford? Are you sure it was not Seibu in Pacific Place? I have not been to Lane Crawford for like two months though as I changed my shopping habits six months ago and now I am seriously into APC gear. But if Lane Crawford stocks Nidie now then they are done here in HK too as they will be sported by Pakies selling fake Rolexes in TST who now wear Red Munkeys from Lane Crawford. BTW, the denim quality of the current collection is worse than 2004-2005.

Alien vs Predator, Freddie vs Jason, Nudie vs A.P.C.

^ he probably meant seibu. i was in lane crawford last week and i didn't see any nudies. a good gauge of the popularity of an item is if they start boolegging it in china. i have YET to see that like i've seen themany fake replay, d & g, seven, true religion, diesel, etc. brands. i haven't seen pakis in red monkeys either lol.

i've heard here and there that nudies have become a brand in america that people "know" about now. my friend says they carry it at a boutique called by george down in texas now. but like i said, i don't really care if it does become more popular. its arguable that LEVIS is the most popular brand out there, but people still ride and die for the 501s. so if the fit is good and you like the denim quality, does it really matter?

maybe the question is whether or not the raw denim thing is gonna catch on... which i really doubt cuz its something that takes too much time and patience. the crowd that cares most about having the most trendy brand of clothes is not gonna sit around wearing one pair of jeans to break in.

hey sneakeraddict, i'm glad you ordered the baggy bjorns. i'm lookin forward to seein how you break 'em in! :D

" Nudie anti-fashion - As a true jeans brand we are not looking for the short-term trends. The inspiration is far from glamour and catwalks. The biggest challenge is to keep the collection tight, like a rock band. and to reflect the feeling of everyday life. the history of jeans has always been closer to rock than fasion. "

thats a quote in their booklet that comes with the jeans.

id like to think that it doesnt matter if people think nudies are done. their just jeans you wear. nice ones in fact

Quote:

Most people aren't going to buy jeans for more than $100 if they don't have some kind of Ãœber fade on them or funky patches etc. anyway.

--- Original message by Tabris on Jun 14, 2006 04:14 AM

not really. my wife is in mass market denim manufacturing business and she told me this year darker blue jeans with minimal distressing and conservative washes are "in". i guess SF influences the market beyong our imagination

Alien vs Predator, Freddie vs Jason, Nudie vs A.P.C.