just a heads up for all of the 45rpm fans out there who are looking for a true raw jean...

damn, really feeling those belts, if my true waist is around 31 which size should I get?

btw, those Women's BC4000 "vintage denim pants" are over $400 and they aren't even selvage? am I missing something?

conventional wisdom is size up 2 so that you use the center hole.

but the shortest one they got is 37" long... hehe... maybe I'll pick up a Nintendo DS Lite instead... LOL...

I would never pay that much. $300+++???. Jeez....

That's what I said about a year ago, when I picked up a pair of RRDS at half off. Now I've got a pair of 5EP and Pure Blue Japan AI, both $300 or over :P $250-$300 now seems average for a price of jeans to me. Its pretty damn scary :(

I was inthe 45 rpm SoHo store this past weekend and asked about the "Slim" Sorahiko's.

They are a new cut. Slimmer than the Jomon. Which would be considerably slimmer than the "Standard Sorahiko." The are planning on stocking them in the SoHo store in mid-july.

Has anyone purchase a pair and actually tried them on as of yet?

Hrm, that's pretty interesting. Hopefully they aren't too much slimmer than the Jomon. Any idea if they will replace the Standard Sorahiko? It seems they like to change the fit of the Sorahiko's every once in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed 45rpm about the measurements for the slim sorahiko. here's what they said:

For the 34" waist, the thigh 1" below the crotch measures 24", 19.5" at the knee and 18" at the leg opening (of a 34" inseam).

Seems fairly slim to me. Anyone know if the NYC store stocked them yet?