(beach) music s/s 2011

...I'm taking a few days to relax by the beach with the wife and some friends, and while I'm all stocked up on reading material, I could use a new album to dive into for a few days. I've never really fucked with Spiritualized but I like what I've heard. Is Ladies & Gentlemen... good sunny weather/beach music?

For instance, I'm taking a few days to relax by the beach with the wife and some friends, and while I'm all stocked up on reading material, I could use a new album to dive into for a few days. I've never really fucked with Spiritualized but I like what I've heard. Is Ladies & Gentlemen... good sunny weather/beach music?

oof. spiritualized is not good sunny weather/beach music, unless you just broke up with your girlfriend, and yr hooked on H.

i am not usually into modern hipster music but the last Destroyer album and the Twin Shadow record are both soundtracking my spring. purveyors of nouveau yacht rock, both.

QkerLNzWZe0

FOx81aG-EN4

3_20YFvekLM

There's a lot of really good Tom Tom Club b-sides out there, just not on youtube :(

The weather gets warmer and I finally get some motivation to go outside, so I like poppy and dancy stuff for walking around when it's getting warm.

It's a simple concept that can span all forms of shopping (product, craft, culture, NB's, cheeseburgers, motorcycles, etc.): Ask a question; share your intimate knowledge of the internet and ahead-of-the-curveness by giving a recommendation; flex your superiority by overriding someone's recommendation. It's like the next level of yes/no and this/that, or small questions but for all mediums of swag.

For instance, I'm taking a few days to relax by the beach with the wife and some friends, and while I'm all stocked up on reading material, I could use a new album to dive into for a few days. I've never really fucked with Spiritualized but I like what I've heard. Is Ladies & Gentlemen... good sunny weather/beach music?

the new cut copy album

clibe tanaka y su orquesta is top notch beach vibe

studio is the the baleric masters. lifes a beach

Like ddml said, definitely not spiritualized -- at least not that record. Let It Come Down might work, though, come to think of it.

Just broke out the Girls record again now that it's warming up. as far as albums from this decade go, I'd say it's one of the top 5 for beach play. Same goes for the Little Joy record or the first Strokes. That Twin Shadow is an instant classic, but just because it has hooks doesn't mean they're the kind that thrive outdoors. It'll work ok, but the beach isn't really its natural habitat.

The Nice Little Record is always best for the beach, not The Big, Sweeping One. Stuff like Modern Lovers s/t and Jonathan Richman solo records (incl, and maybe especially, his spanish language stuff) are perfect -- you don't want to have to focus on it much.

Personally, as far as newer music goes -- I think for early evenings on the beach, the Wild Nothings record is nearly perfect. There's also this little record by an NYC band Darlings that I played all last summer and I'm sure will stay in rotation this year, very loose-limbed Modern Lovers/VU garage pop stuff.

Guest Krack
I don't know if I would consider it beach rock but the Twin Shadow album bad by any means. I hate to admit it but for me Animal Collective makes for great s/s music.

Come on man.

Animal Collective is for dirty weirdos.

FTPO6XM_IxM

bOwUyFQKo8o

beach music, beach inspired remix
both with beach visuals!

but honestly, if i was actually at the beach
i would be playing this
and not some sissy electronic bullshit

zqnM-IyYYDs

real beach party for sure!
add cold drinks and a football