Evisu No.0 Jeans with No Gulls

wtf icon_smile_shock.gifi had never seen these before...they look really good

i have never heard about a nº0 or lot 1999 so i dunno if they are in fact authentic...but they do look good

Stand tall or don't stand at all

Edited by Egpt on Jun 7, 2006 at 11:00 AM

Yes, No. 0 is definintely legit and is meant to be superior to either No. 1 or No. 2. I'd heard of the model 1999 but never seen a photo of it.

The only other current use of the No. 0 denim is in certain of the "Yamane Deluxe" line (a sort of Wrangler-style repro). I have seen some of those in person and they are very nice, but a bit baggy for my taste.

Yeah I have read about those shops in this forum. I don't think I will be going to Japan any time soon though. I would love to go when I have time, and money ofcourse. It's damn expensive to go there. From Australia, it costs around AU$1500 for a plane ticket to Japan. It would awesome though, just shop and eat, haha.

Quote:

Yeah I have read about those shops in this forum. I don't think I will be going to Japan any time soon though. I would love to go when I have time, and money ofcourse. It's damn expensive to go there. From Australia, it costs around AU$1500 for a plane ticket to Japan. It would awesome though, just shop and eat, haha.

--- Original message by Raw Selvedge on Jun 8, 2006 09:13 AM

kinf of off topic, but you can find a ticket to japan for much cheaper than that. a round trip ticket to autralia can be bought from japan from maybe 500 to 600 $AUS. and japan is not what i would call a cheap country.

on a separate note, those jeans looks pretty awesome.

Quote:

evisu has always done it right, where japanese-evis were concerned. i'm in love with that selvedge.

rawselvage, you can get your gulls painted on in evisu shops in japan. select denim, select cut, select length...etc.

--- Original message by tweedlesinpink on Jun 8, 2006 08:57 AM

evisu has never done it like this before. even with the coveted old shit.

I think the only real different between these and a pair of japanese no1s or no2s is the gold/silver stiching in the selvedge, and maybe the quality of the denim (although even a pair of no2s is really good quality denim). Other than that, pretty much all the detailing is the same as the the other japanese evisu stuff.

Oh yeah and the guls. But as someone said, when you buy them in Japan, they come without the guls and you get them painted on later (if you want). There's nothing to stop you from buying a pair of no2s and leaving the pockets blank.

I agree with tweedles, as far as Japanese stuff is concerned, evisu has always done it right.

EDIT - I don't mean to sound like I'm paying you out red. No offence intended.

Raw selvedge - I've heard recently about some $1100 return flights to Tokyo (bought in Aus). Check it out some time, Tokyo is definitely worth the visit (especially for a denim/sneaker head)!

Keep the Funk alive

Edited by choice_genes on Jun 8, 2006 at 04:11 PM

I agree. Evisu is under-rated, but partially due their own 'bastardizing' (for lack of a better word) their own brand. Authentic Japanese No. 1 and No. 2 (2000, 2001) are superb (and No. 0 of course, if you can find it). And you can get them without the painted gull wings if you want. I have a pair of 2000 No. 2 (unpainted) which I love to death.

People familiar with the history of repro denim in Japan in the 1990s know what Yamane's accomplishments were, and you can't take that away from the guy. Some of the things Evisu did subsequently were pretty questionable, unfortunately. It's a great pity, but I speak as a denim purist and not as a business person I guess...

Quote:

I think the only real different between these and a pair of japanese no1s or no2s is the gold/silver stiching in the selvedge, and maybe the quality of the denim (although even a pair of no2s is really good quality denim). Other than that, pretty much all the detailing is the same as the the other japanese evisu stuff.

Oh yeah and the guls. But as someone said, when you buy them in Japan, they come without the guls and you get them painted on later (if you want). There's nothing to stop you from buying a pair of no2s and leaving the pockets blank.

I agree with tweedles, as far as Japanese stuff is concerned, evisu has always done it right.

EDIT - I don't mean to sound like I'm paying you out red. No offence intended.

Raw selvedge - I've heard recently about some $1100 return flights to Tokyo (bought in Aus). Check it out some time, Tokyo is definitely worth the visit (especially for a denim/sneaker head)!

--- Original message by choice_genes on Jun 8, 2006 04:01 PM

no offense taken. i was just saying that this is the most ive ever fell in love with a pair of evisus. for a while, i was obsessed with the no2s but as evisu started to get more "creative" with their design, they started to slide down the ranks. i mean, if your looking for quality, there are better jeans out there.

red, that's partly why i want to go see tokyo and check out all the denim there someday. just dying to see japanese-evisu in the real. smell them feel them sleep with them. and see just how their good traditional stuff matches up with the rest in the business.

and i'm not sure tokyo's "worth" the visit, especially after you add in the living costs and (what else?) the damage done to your wallet after all that shopping. icon_smile_tongue.gif

Quote:

red, that's partly why i want to go see tokyo and check out all the denim there someday. just dying to see japanese-evisu in the real. smell them feel them sleep with them. and see just how their good traditional stuff matches up with the rest in the business.

and i'm not sure tokyo's "worth" the visit, especially after you add in the living costs and (what else?) the damage done to your wallet after all that shopping. icon_smile_tongue.gif

--- Original message by tweedlesinpink on Jun 8, 2006 09:29 PM

"smell them feel them sleep with them. and see just how their good traditional stuff matches up with the rest in the business"

wwwwwwowwwwwww chill out !!!

we were talking about jeans not hoes!

Stand tall or don't stand at all

lol, I was going to say something similar :)

Tweedles, it's actually not that expensive over there. When you add it all up, cost of living (for a holiday at least) is about the same as sydney or melbourne.

Food is about the same. You can get a single room at a youth hostel for $40AUD, and you can get a nice ryokan for $70-100. And clothes are cheaper. A pair of no2s sets you back the equivalent of $250AUD, and that's getting expensive for selvedge in Tokyo.

It's not cheap like going to Bali or Thailand etc would be, but it's certainly not the most expensive city to visit. Definitely not as bad as some make it out to be.

I went there last year for a week and had a mad time. It's crazy - packed with people and lights and everything. If you're into clothes, it's definitely worth the visit.

Keep the Funk alive

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by tweedlesinpink on Jun 8, 2006 09:29 PM

"smell them feel them sleep with them. and see just how their good traditional stuff matches up with the rest in the business"

wwwwwwowwwwwww chill out !!!

we were talking about jeans not hoes!

--- Original message by Egpt on Jun 9, 2006 03:23 AM

whoops now now people don't go thinking i do things with my jeans...

icon_smile_wink.gif

no but you get what i mean surely. i got a bit excited there (ooh) but i jsut want to smell a pair for myself. yummy.