Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

i have a question for some of you who have multiple experience with Red Cloud jeans.

-Between the r400, r423 and r424, which has the loosest top block (rise and thighs)?

and just to confirm: these dont shrink much, and will stretch back out to original waist size, right? but what about after many washes? i'd appreciate input from any red cloud owner who has washed their jeans a lot already.

I have hot soak my r436 twice, the first time it shrank considerably about a size in the waist but eventually expanded because of the fabric (not the same denim as 400 etc, those are 17oz I suppose).

And the thigh got almost an inch smaller. Inseam probably 2"+

I remember reading from the Taobao site that one of those 17oz can shrink up to about 2" in the waist, but from my experience it's not true.

Apologies couldn't be much of a help, probably gregornz can help. He knows his jeans well :)

Hey Fallen Angels.

The 423 has the highest rise. If you go back to page 2 of this thread, ranon made a great run down of all the stock at that time which has links to measurement charts.

I haven't washed my jeans a lot, but I would totally recommend go true to size, or at the very most one down. I don't think there is any need to go one down though. I think most people agree [except gnob who got the baggiest cut] that these are quite a slim fitting jean - although it depends on your body shape doesn't it? If you are a skinny dude, maybe going down one would be a good idea. If your a more regular size then TTS and if your a fat lazy bastard maybe you could even go up a size? :)

oh good lord, i gasped. how are they? and why is mine so hairy compared to everyone else's. Is it because of my dog or..... HAHA

I think it's your dog... and my cat :)

Edit: Double Dang

6894779209_37d04b0eaf.jpg

These R400's are now retired pending structural reapproximation :)

Edited by gregornz

I hope it doesn't happen to your pair!

No, this has nothing to do with washing... It has more to do with the fact that they are sized down two and just very tight at the crotch. My 403s size 33 and these are 31, so I got the fit I wanted in the legs, and the waist is fine, but you could imagine that there has to be some strain somewhere.

In the centre of that photo you can see where I already had them repaired when it very first started ripping... It's still holding tight there. I wish I hadn't done that now because the tear would be more uniform across them if I had of let it progress more and they wouldn't have started taking the strain on the leg where they have ripped a clean hole. On the plus side, notice the blended weft inside the hole :)

So I got in touch with Mr Red Cloud and he is going to repair them for me with the same denim, and if he patches them well I think they will be better fitting a stronger than before.

How are yours coming along Shinobi?

@Fallen Angels - Dunno if they do... Instead they seem to get next 'season' models, which are usually a bit different.

Edited by gregornz

Posted · Hidden by fallen angels, February 20, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by fallen angels, February 20, 2012 - No reason given

@Fallen Angels - Dunno if they do... Instead they seem to get next 'season' models, which are usually a bit different.

hm i see. well then i hope they have some new offerings soon, really want to get a pair of red clouds

I've been wearing my r400's now for 4 months solid and they're breaking in beautifully. Really lovely vertical fades and whiskers. The honeycombs are a bit more subtle but still looking good. No blowouts or weakened areas whatsoever but they're not supertight on me. Similar fit to EasyHK. ill be doing their 1st wash in 2 months time and will post before/after pics. I'll maybe sneak in some pics sooner so you can see how they've come on so far.

Definitely my favourite denim of all the jeans i've ever owned. The only change i'd make is to increase the rise slightly and loosen the thighs a touch.

Oh- and make the pocket openings a bit bigger. Still struggle to get my wallet out (which isn't always a bad thing ;) )

Agree with you regarding the pockets part, im really happy with how thick theyve made the lining of the pockets but its really tight. im a pocketjunkie, so i squeeze my blackberry, wallet, ipod, headphones, lighter and cigarettes in all my pockets which often results in my ass looking puffy. been trying to carry my bb and wallet in one hand nowadays :unsure:

^^ Totally agree about the cut, and the denim. And jealous you have the same fit as easy_hk... he has the best fit!

I see you're wearing a belt, are they a little big in the waist? I think with this cut you could get away with sizing up? Mine could ;)

Edited by gregornz

I always wear a belt but I could probably get away without one with these. Yep- tempted to size up one when I get the next pair.

I think i'm more likely to expand than shrink :)

Quick update i guess, 2weeks in with the new RCs and RWs

DSC01706.jpg

DSC01725.jpg

DSC01726.jpg

Lastly a model pose to thrill you bunch of whippersnappers

DSC01705.jpg

Not much to show off yet, but the fit is slowly stretching out nicely and the combs and whiskers are starting to come out well

Edited by LeonardToby

I am thrilled! And great fit, really. They're not limiting you movement are they? Can you lift your legs freely?

Outside pics next time please!

Too bad she removed the selvedge though :/ They feel great nonetheless, more roomier than my prev nudie TFODEE. That one was tight as hell compared to this

Yeah shit happens guys :/ at least theyll still fade and stuff. I dont cuff them when i wear sneakers and nobody will know but me (and you guys of course) haha

3 weeks into my Redclouds, nothing to be proud of and nothing worth mentioning YET

Pretty happy about the honeycombs though

And i still owe you outside pics gregornz haha

6955874631_e0df7d4b90.jpg

denimprogess by leonardtoby, on Flickr

Heading out to Universal Studios Singapore tomorrow, plenty of opportunities ^^

Peace!

Edited by LeonardToby

Looking good Leonard! That really is a nice fit.

The first 3 months or so in new denim really is painful isn't it? Going over them with a fine tooth comb looking for signs of wear... "That's a fade there isn't it?... I think this colour is different from that..." Lets all just hang tight and join a don't-wash support group :)

My turn? OK, I'm going to post a picture of my arse soon, just for you.

Gregor :)