Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

You should include a caveat that if he takes them to a tailor and gets the selvedge cut off, we can take it in turns to beat him :ph34r::P

Harshly!

I can dig it Gnob.

In the end, enjoying denim vicariously is more important to me than money. That's the great thing about a denim hobby - it's cheaper than golf :)

I think as denim heads on here, what we like is people that are passionate about denim. I'm happy that my ex-jeans are going to a dude that's going to enjoy them. In the end, what more would you really want?

Peace out to all my malingering friends at indigoroots... there's some Red Cloud fans there for real.

And don't forget the big beat manifesto; Big beats are the best, get high all the time.

Yeah, but it is never about the money, I just thought maybe someone with the right size deserves it more. (just to clarify, I didn't opt to take part in this free giveaway,) not that I'm jealous or anything but it defeats the (whole wearing the right size & jeans) purpose, you know what I mean?

Why would he want that pair? ( no grudge against Toby though, I know he is a great contributor, hilarious and all but... two sizes bigger?)

It makes me wonder...

My bad if I have been rude, but I was merely, giving my opinion. Of course I am in no position to advise anyone because I myself got the wrong size. And I know, wrong size means -> wrong cut -> bad fit. So thats why it's only right for me to inform you not to make the same mistake.

good to know everything's ok now. I really appreciate that you made an effort to explaining things.

Yeah, but it is never about the money, I just thought maybe someone with the right size deserves it more. (just to clarify, I didn't opt to take part in this free giveaway,) not that I'm jealous or anything but it defeats the (whole wearing the right size & jeans) purpose, you know what I mean? Why would he want that pair? ( no grudge against Toby though, I know he is a great contributor, hilarious and all but... two sizes bigger?) It makes me wonder... My bad if I have been rude, but I was merely, giving my opinion. Of course I am in no position to advise anyone because I myself got the wrong size. And I know, wrong size means -> wrong cut -> bad fit. So thats why it's only right for me to inform you not to make the same mistake. good to know everything's ok now. I really appreciate that you made an effort to explaining things.

+1 for you bro. I can understand your intention but let's all respect the owner's decision.

Iirc, leonardtoby's w30 r423xx was pretty tight at the top block aft the initial hot soak so I believe he will fit well in a pair of w31 s400 as the 400 series run pretty slim. I also rmbed leonard mentioning to me about how unhappy he was about the tailor ruining his 423xx's selvedge. Hence, I'm sure he will not baby this jeans and wear it hard!

Anyway, kudos to greg for being so generous! Can't believe you're even offering to pay for the shipping. :D

Edited by kruskrus

Don't you worry, it's already been done. well, right up till Greg made a showing. ;)

And it was BRUTALLLLL :sad: but well worth it

I myself got the wrong size. And I know, wrong size means -> wrong cut -> bad fit. So thats why it's only right for me to inform you not to make the same mistake.

Yeah, well so did I! :)

Going to be interesting to see LT's fit... I reckon a size up is going to be OK... we'll see!

These still seem to be for sale if anyone is looking for 21 oz denim... http://item.taobao.c...m?id=9856799650

Edit: No, they are sold.

Edited by gregornz

Yeah, well so did I! :)

Going to be interesting to see LT's fit... I reckon a size up is going to be OK... we'll see!

These still seem to be for sale if anyone is looking for 21 oz denim... http://item.taobao.c...m?id=9856799650

Just made my first Taobao purchase today so that barrier is lifted.. As much as I would love to jump on these I'm still rather afraid I'll have to get them tailored or atleast tapered to get the fit I want, which is a somewhat slim tapered one. Dilemmas.. Then again the 21oz stuff is prone to shrink a ton right?

Who knows man, this is old school redcloud... That's it's main appeal I think, otherwise the new 21oz are cheaper (50 kuai)... I looked and can't find any info on those pair...

So...something nice appeared on my bed tonight. Would like to thank Gregornz once again for his S400s as well as the sweet little note he included inside. Bromance HAHA

6908719592_15280df211_z.jpg

Its about 530am here and i just got home from a night of clubbing so i am extremely tired but i couldnt stop myself from trying them on and making a longass post. Fit pics: The legs fit pretty well, only qualm is the excess fabric at the waist and ass so maybe ill have that rectified :ph34r: But everything else fits great!!

7054808609_ec8384e6e0_z.jpg

7054807997_cd3dfecb05_z.jpg

Some fades and details, loving the oldschool oxidised hardware and olive pocketbags:

6908718306_950f8984ca_z.jpg

6908720478_1b9d0e8310_z.jpg

7054807009_7fa002c9b9_z.jpg

7054806367_3196e6ae3a_z.jpg

:D HEHE time for bed, sleeping with a smile on my face tonight

Nice one they arrived! Dude, that fit is crazy! On me, as you can see from this picture, they didn't have any congruency of shape because my thighs were way to big in them and that was totally screwing with the drape.

6787890469_eef4810718.jpg

But on you there isn't anything getting in the way of the jean expressing their actual shape. I don't think I've ever seen a better example of what a 'straight leg' pair of pants should fit like! So the question is, can you dig straight leg cut?

Too big in the waist though? How much?

gregor: haha yeh i can dig straight cuts :D well i would say about 2 waist sizes in excess :rolleyes:

leyori: haha thanks! more pics up later!

Loving the fit leonard, i love that straight cut look. Maybe i should get one myself. Having the exception at its 2 waist bigger, it really looks good.

Edited by nuffsaid

^Thanks Nuffsaid! New photos as promised, some fits without a belt as requested by greg without cuffs to check out the stack B)

6910163352_cdfaf6108a_z.jpg

6910163982_512d742a0b_z.jpg

7056252151_4ea8d4c041_z.jpg

But from the back it looks quite baggy

6910165504_fc69294e07_z.jpg

I guess these really are some..

7056250675_940db41e5f_z.jpg

One of the biggest differences between greg's (ours?) S400s and my R424s!

6910161564_b3d9a59fc0_z.jpg

Edited by LeonardToby

They totally look too big in the waist... looks like they are going to fall off you in the 2nd pic? But the rest looks great! I think it's official now that these 400's are a bad cut... how can we get these fuckers to fit properly???

Is it even possible to alter the waist? Is a belt the only option? Chuck your wallet and gigs in the back and it'll tighten it up a bit.

I much prefer that non-cuffed look to those rounded triple folds you were rocking last night...

Edited by gregornz

A good tailor might be able to take out the seam that runs through the middle at the back/crotch and take it in from there, although that would place the backpockets closer together.. Hmm, tricky. Maybe a super hot soak for the the top block only. It seems the fit really is flawed haha.

Hahaha no triple folds last night, only two!

Yeah maybe a bit of tweaking at the calf would help since you mentioned excess fabric before, and get something done at the waist if possible~

Isnt it strange though how they fit so well in the legs but not the waist, but sizing up by 2 really makes the rise look more flattering and less manhood-suffocating

Just did some measurements:

My thighs:calves:waist (in inches) 21:15.5:33

S400s thighs:calves:waist (in inches +/- a little since im measuring from the outside): 23.5:17:36

From the outside! I just retook the measurements from the inside and its about 35.5~

Ok gimme a second guys gonna take some comparison fits between the 424s and 400s

update: Its either I have a weird lower body (skinny waist and fat legs) or is it the fit?

7056842347_2be8a43800_z.jpg

6910758776_7e13d39024_z.jpg

7056844845_22cc746cb2_z.jpg

Not forgetting i did take some inches off the calves, length and thighs when i first got my 424s

Edited by LeonardToby

It's amazing the difference a few inches can make.

So, what's your verdict Lenny? What are you going to do? If I were you I'd soak them in 150 degree water for 72 hours and see what happens then...

What's up with the corner of your 424 pocket? Is the rivet coming through? Does some cheating me smell? :)