Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

Wow gregornz, is it just me or have they evolved alot from the last time i saw them

^ Yeah, I always think that it's about the 4 months mark when things start happening...

Also, the white balance is a little fucked in that photo [see the white wall beside] so the fading is a little exaggerated.

No matter how exaggerated the fades are, the whiskers are still pretty damn obvious man! Good job, i cant wait til mine starts to show more character. Ah well 3 more months to go! Any tips on great whiskers to share though?

Tips on whiskers? I don't know if I'm the right man to give tips... I just sit on my arse a lot! :)

What I would say is don't wash your whiskers out by agitating the jeans to much or [god-forbid] putting them in the spin cycle of the washing machine... the same goes for all creases I think.

I accidentlly bought a pair of 425 natural indigos!

I went for a trip to Tianjin to check out the redcloud stockist there. This is the shop, you can't really see but there is a big copy of the redcloud patch in the window, along with a work shirt and boxes of Sugarcane soap.

7015886123_46877e6714_z.jpg

They have most cuts of jeans, including womens and others that are out of stock online. They also have workshirts and I think they'll be getting jackets in the future too. The guy had just moved in here yesterday, so he didn't have all his stock out.

7015885573_2cc7304e04_z.jpg

Here is the owner holding his Skull jeans that he wore for 12 months and washed 4 times. I told him about sufu and he said he'll try and get onboard and that he might be able to take orders for international delivery. He doesn't speak English though. He is wearing 423's in the photo.

7015886817_f80abf7c49_z.jpg

Buying these was a rush of blood to the head. I don't know when I'll get a chance to wear them, as I still have lots of work to put into the other 2 pair I have. On top of that, the word on the street is these are tough to fade, what will being dipped 32 times 'n all. But, having said that, a shitload more blue went on my hands and legs than the other redclouds when I wore them post soak yesterday.

The most notable thing about these is the smell - quite different from synthetic indigo - sweet and kinda like tea. The colour in sunlight is almost purple. They are standing by themselves this morning.

They are tag size 32 X 34, they lost 5cm's in the inseam (95cms/90cms) and a good 2 inches [!] in the waist. Also, the rise shrunk, which sucks, as it was good pre-soak and short now. I held them up to a pair of R400's in the shop and there was, to my eye, no real difference in the cut.

6869780514_8bd968c58a_z.jpg

6869783780_e31c6ee787_z.jpg

6869787106_d19a41b43e_z.jpg

7015899881_a3a38ae72b_z.jpg

7015903153_662b1bf07b_z.jpg

Personally, i feel RCs are really tight at the crotch and ass for everyone so the fit isnt as flattering compared to many other brands but the price doesnt do the wonderful denim justice. Great pick up gregornz! Repped!

Oh, very nice!! I like the 425 fit on you. On the measurement chart the rise seem to be very low, but they look like it's mid rise on you.

Yeah. At first I thought "Great, these have a decent rise", but after having soaked them, they feel just like the 400's - too low and not enough room in the seat.

Personally, i feel RCs are really tight at the crotch and ass for everyone so the fit isnt as flattering compared to many other brands but the price doesnt do the wonderful denim justice. Great pick up gregornz! Repped!

Yeah, as above - the problem with the cut is they are too tight in the top block! Made for skinny asian frames - but you are asian Leonard? Same problem for you? Or are you blessed with ample buttocks? <_<

Edited by gregornz

those skulls are crazy. it's hard to believe he only did 4 washes. he must've really lost a ton of indigo on each wash. 12 month of wear at that? hmmmmmmm.

nonetheless the top block does look tight on you. but i think they will probably stretch back out, so i wouldn't worry too much if i were you.. thanks for sharing.

Yeah gregornz, im a skinny asian myself and even I find it tight in the junk, and no alterations were made around my thighs and crotch! Im not too ample in the ass myself hahaha

Yeah, those skulls are crazy... pretty sure he said 12 months and 4 washes, but my Chinese is fei cheng bu hao, so it could have been lost in translation...

And just between you and me, if you look at the leg of the redclouds, me thinks some pinching me doth see.

Here's to skinny asian arses!! :)

Oh yeah Resa Christa! 3 months? Super work that! Cool shoes too... :)

Any crotch ripping?

i hardly think it would be much cheaper to use a zipper. reason could probably be that they have a ton of button ups already and to be honest it looks to me like they have tried many different options for their jeans (different pocketbags, different denim, different hardware on the buttons, different style of cinchbacks), the only thing they haven't put out yet is probably a zipper option, so i guess that could be one of the reasons they chose to put a zipper on the new model.

I think all the #2's have had zippers? This one is the 'universa'l brand, which is a good quality one I think...

I don't know why but ive always thought zippers = inferior product. Plus, as Jerry Seinfeld said, that's the last place I'd want a series of interlocking metal teeth...

I think all the #2's have had zippers? This one is the 'universa'l brand, which is a good quality one I think...

I don't know why but ive always thought zippers = inferior product. Plus, as Jerry Seinfeld said, that's the last place I'd want a series of interlocking metal teeth...

no

this is the 1t time NO.2 has a zipper, actually 1st time zipper appear on rc bottom

I got my S400s' back from Mr Redcloud. It took him 5 weeks to get them done, but the wait was worth it! Not only did he do a bang-up job in repairing the holes, he went over the whole jeans with a fine tooth comb and completely restitched the legs, repairing small fraying I hadn't even noticed, and even reinforced the pocket-bags! Not bad for free!

Before:

6894779209_37d04b0eaf.jpg

After:

6876933684_f7f77d88c4.jpg

Inside:

7023034755_c69d4765f9.jpg

Plus, a bonus, exclusive, never-seen-before shot of the natural indigo at 42.4 hours:

6876934190_18aa1aebbc.jpg

Edited by gregornz