Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

Hey 90and90, I'd be keen to see some pictures of the factory! Must have been great to meet the guy! Did he have any old stock lying round that he was selling? In the old days he made some funky miners pants and stuff, did ya see anything like that? Did you ever find any shops that are selling old stock?

Those 400 21 oz look pretty cool, but I have to say, if your looking for tough denim, the blended weft 400's are mental. Much stiffer than the 19oz 403's.

Thanks ranon....the jeans look great,remind me of denime in heavier version. sweet if RC produce 36inch in waist.

Edited by spidereye

I have here some fit pics of my altered 436 RC, which was, previously totally not my size.

1401027.jpg

1401030.jpg

I had my neighborhood tailor altered them to as of a OG roy measurement (since i have been dreaming about the fit), what i can say is that the tailor did a pretty decent job. then i got it chainstitched at our local one and only union special @ OGL.

pardon the lighting, not the best. I'll find time to update more on the jean itself.

@resa christa - nice fading! Especially through the thighs and ass! What are you doing to get so much fade so quickly!?? :)

@Shinobi - Yeah. I suck at photographing denim - the two are quite different, I'll try and get some decent shots this weekend. The 403's are really starting to take off. Usually I rotate each pair daily, but for the month of Feb I've only been wearing the 403's... The knees are starting to fade and it's a real electric blue coming through. I'm considering 'washing' them without any agitation or detergent at the end of the month - they are quite dirty.

Have anyone else seen the competition going on the redcloud blog? I'm thinking of entering, although it's supposed to be 8 months and older. If you win you get a free pair of jeans, from what I can make out. http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5f03bbf101012r8b.html

Hey Gnob

Great work, and ballsy... could have gone badly, but it looks like you got a great fitting jean now! I'd love to see some details of what the tailor did. How often are you planning to wear those bad boys?

Hi gregornz, im not very sure myself, I'd try to give it some wear whenever I can, prolly twice a week. And usually on hot weathers! Because the fabric is quite light.

I can upload some detailed pics of the jeans when I can. But no impressive evo yet..

My only regret is the leg opening. I couldve wanted a L.O of 8.25" instead.

Btw the color of your 403 looks a tad similar to mine now..

interesting..

I finally got some good light to take pictures!

These are the 403's after 3.5 months. I think they are captured pretty close to how they really look. They've had two 'washes', the last of which was a couple of days ago [when I say washes, I mean just hot soaks with no detergent and minimal agitation]. Notice the tramlines forming in the third photo :)

6787885779_53901d9475_z.jpg

6787871745_8bea7a461c_z.jpg

6787880873_8f99545ea9_z.jpg

6787876647_c5565dec4a_z.jpg

Edited by gregornz

These are the 400's. They've had 2.5 months of wear and one 'wash'. You can see how tight the thighs are and how they almost tighten again at the waist. The waistband is exactly my size, but they are too tight through the top block. They are ripping at the crotch, which I am going to allow for a while to give them a little more room, and then I'll patch it rather than sew it back together. Overall these jeans are not a great cut I think, but the denim is awesome, lots of vertical fade potential and tough as hell.

6787890469_eef4810718_z.jpg

6787895489_fbb3ab5074_z.jpg

6787903821_ab05a4c27f_z.jpg

6787899481_d96b137874_z.jpg

Took a gamble and picked up a pair of 424s in w30 today from a fellow forumer even though im pretty sure im a 29 or something. Fits me alright though even if it might not shrink that much. Boiling hot water now as we speak. In the mean time though, pre soak pictures of the fit. Ill upload the post soaks maybe tomorrow if the sun comes out to play.

404754_10150525743883026_758433025_8844136_328107329_n.jpg

Im incredibly impressed by the workmanship and the feel of the denim. They feel real solid and i believe ill enjoy breaking them in.

I honestly wasnt expecting this level of quality considering the price i paid haha

Guess ill be taking a few inches off them like ranonranonarat said and maybe taper the calves and thighs if its still too big?

I was about to buy Naked & Famous deep indigo but my seller pulled out last minute and sold them to someone else.

BLESSING IN DISGUISE

Will post postsoak photos maybe tomorrow? Cheers guys! The only reason i bought em was cuz of this thread haha

Ranon, what denim have you been wearing lately? You're in a competition aren't you? How are your redclouds coming?

And then I also spotted this pair that is alledgedly 21oz?! that I couldn't find any info on. http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9856799650

That's an old-school pair that some shop has got a hold of about three years ago, I guess. They have been on taobao for ages... There is only one pair and they are size 33. If you are size 33 they would be a great buy because they are extremely rare and have details that you don't get on many others - the jeans on a plate patch for instance. They're practically one of a kind, in that I doubt there are any other new ones around. Good luck getting proper measurements from that shop though ;)

Yeah I'm a 32/33 so they would actually work out.. I kinda gave up on getting measurements, might just bite the bullet at some point and take the gamble, worst case scenario I get them altered. Especially since the last batch of 21oz went a lot faster than I thought, and as such I missed out.

Good to know they've been around for a while, then I don't have to worry about them getting sold anytime soon :D .