Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

WOW you werent joking about the arse pic greg HAHAHA

Nice shots of the denim! I noticed i havent really asked you this before, but where are you based in? I notice chinese words on the cardboard box

Hey guys back again for an update, these have hit the one month mark!

6809776732_2044400fc1.jpg

DSC02018 by leonardtoby, on Flickr

6809782108_f5e2eb98ea.jpg

DSC02010 by leonardtoby, on Flickr

6955890037_053b858f84.jpg

DSC02014 by leonardtoby, on Flickr

most obvious would be the corner pocket fades and the honeycombs are starting to lighten up so that made me pretty happy.

Edited by LeonardToby

Those combs are looking good... very straight! I wonder what causes that.

Are these baby's getting worn everyday? I think you said you have to swap them for a suit sometimes?

My 403's turned 4 months old yesterday!

hahaha unfortunately not everyday :/ i try to get them worn as much as i can even if its for a few hours everyday

i used to be able to wear denim everyday to school but now im in a suit 4 days a week

even right now im at the office in a suit but we have casual fridays and thats when i get to wear the RCs haha

now that you mentioned it, youre right why are my combs so straight LOL

R400's at just over 4 months pretty much daily wear (give or take a couple of days off). I'm intending to give them a wash at the 6 month mark but may end up doing it a bit sooner.

Not the greatest of pics, but you get the idea.

htwugl.jpg

344pe7b.jpg

33onuwo.jpg

w2f6oj.jpg

34oy51t.jpg

8x515s.jpg

312hhec.jpg

2mxdt.jpg

tight fit = straight combs

in most cases that is

Yeah, I think that's a general rule, but not something that applies all the time. My R400's are so tight they literally burst, and my combs are curved, baby.

Nice one @Mr Black. I LOVE that denim. Falls so much don't it? It can't be seen because of the light in the pictures, but is there much thigh/knee fading going on?

Edited by gregornz

I'm really impressed with them. The only other japanese jeans I own are Skulls, Eternals and KMW but when I was working in a denim shop I was handling SDA's, Momotaro, Spellbound, Takumi etc on a daily basis and all sorts of wierd & wonderful brands were coming in for chainstitching & repairs.

These stand out, mostly for the weave which i'm still in love with. Perfect weight. Not TOO heavy but plenty thick for the English winters and probably still wearable in the English summers (if we get them). They're fading beautifully and the grain is perfect and exactly what I was hoping for. Generally happy with the fit but I would prefer a very slightly bigger front/back rise. Only an inch or so. Perhaps slightly looser in the thighs, but then i'd probably change my mind and want them slightly tighter!! The hardware feels solid, construction is faultless. No signs of weakening on mine, but they're not super tight.

My only gripe is still the front pocket openings. I've not got massive hands but I still have real issues getting anything out of the pockets. It's a slow process if I want to get my wallet or loose change out.

For the price, i'd most definitely get another pair.

Many of my friends who are not interested in denim have noticed & commented on the weave.

^ Your lucky. Non-denimheads commenting on your jeans is every denimheads wet dream isn't it? :)

Reading your praise makes me want to get another pair!! LOL Hope he does something cool in the future, not really psyched about his offerings right now... and I have to say, I'd be very tempted to get another pair of this 17 ounce blended weft [not size down this time].

thats fantastic to hear mr black. i have personally handled their jeans a lot but have never ever had the chance yet to give them extensive periods of wear. hearing your testimonial makes me happy to hear that a product at that pricepoint is comparable to their japanese counterparts. i also like how they are a small operation but manage to produce such high quality stuff. it does seem that the turnover rate these days are higher though and they are trying to keep up with the demand. these days stocks seem to be hard to come by from the store i purchase them from with a lack of alternatives..

Looking really good Easy_HK! I like your fit pics better though! :) What is that in the back pocket?

I was just looking round on the redcloud taobao shop [credit card twitching in my hand]. There is practically nothing for sale! Just 3 or 4 models and barely any stock. Hopefully it's time for some new creations!

You are often brief and absolute, easy_hk! On what authority do you have this, pray tell?

Well, I bit the bullet and washed my jeans about 6 weeks earlier than my usual 6 month mark. They were looking a bit shiny in the thighs and from experience, it’s quite hard to shift if it gets too bad.

So- warm/hot soak with natural soap flakes for about 30 mins. Minor agitation and then a rinse down with the shower.

The main problem with these jeans is now how I see all my other pairs.

I went through my jeans looking for a pair to wear while these dry and found it really hard. It’s always a bit odd wearing other jeans when you have been wearing one pair for some time, and also when the jeans have been sat folded in a drawer for a few months, they just don’t seem right until the side creases drop out. But NONE of them inspired me. I have quite a few pairs, assorted LVC, Skull, Eternal, KMW, Allevol, Edwin, Evil etc and they all looked really dull in comparison.

Even the Eternals (which I finally settled on) now look plain. I lusted over these for over a year before buying having seen various fade pics and close ups of the grain. Bear in mind that over in the UK many of these jeans are pretty hard to come by and mostly have to be bought from Japan where there is often a language barrier but also the added shipping cost which puts jeans coming to the UK at around the £220 mark ($350) minimum. I’m not an especially wealthy man so to spend this on something I don’t really need is something I don’t go into lightly, but now I’m disappointed with all my other jeans :)

I think I may have to get myself another pair of the R400’s and perhaps sell off some other jeans

Ranon- are you still doing a proxy?

Good post mr black! I hope ill start appreciating my clouds as much as you do. I havent been able to give them much wear time lately due to my office internship :/ Casual friday tomorrow though, i intend to wear them hard!

Well, I bit the bullet and washed my jeans about 6 weeks earlier than my usual 6 month mark. They were looking a bit shiny in the thighs and from experience, it’s quite hard to shift if it gets too bad.

Can't wait for the pictaaahs :D

Edited by Conundrum

Black, i wished i could do a proxy still, but the taobao site is out of stock now. however, one of the local stores in my area, Tuckshop & Sundry Supplies, is now the official stockist. here is their link: http://www.facebook....psundrysupplies

i can proxy them for you at no extra cost if you want me to, or you can go direct to them. i am however unsure if they do direct sales at the moment. let me know what model you need, i will speak to them directly. the last time i heard, the new stock should be in in a week or two. let me know. cheers.

edit: dropped you a PM instead to keep this thread cleaner.

Edited by ranonranonarat

@ Mr Black - I know how you feel.

Owning two different pair, I'm of the opinion that recloud quality is great, and the jeans are cool, but the real gem is this 17 ounce blended weft denim.

I'm not going to actually need another wearing pair for a while as I still have time to go on the pairs I have, and I want to try some Ande's and Samurai's after these, but I think I'm going to have to get more of this 17 ounce to lay down for a rainy day. Having said that, there isn't anything with this denim available now! :(

Edited by gregornz