Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

@ LT, 3 day soak? Now that is commitment! P.S. Tell me that isn't YOUR bed!

unfortunately, it is :blush: heh.

Who knows there might be a law somewhere stating that bigger men need bigger cuffs :rolleyes:

Engineers are looking good with the single cuff because i guess it doesnt "clutter" the feet area and makes the look very clean

Whereas the double cuffs just bring too much to the feet area and interrupts the "visual stream" from your crotch down your legs

#1 #1 !!!

btw you heading down tomorrow?

Red Cloud R424XX - first edition/version

53affad5.jpg

374f67bf.jpg

e0491a08.jpg

(at the moment I prefer the 1st edition over the 2nd - the denim feels a bit crispier. this might go away after some decent wear.)

Nice! That's presoak right? A little roomy in the lower leg?

Can you explain more what you mean about the difference between the denims?

This is post soak/initial wash.

Difference between the denims (besides the arcs and the cut) was the the fact the the second run used 100% long staple fibre Xinjang cotton. The first run used regular cotton (at least partially). The second run is soft and limp - it drapes nicely.The first run is stiffer and crispier - maybe this explains why the legs looks roomy.

Haven't worn them since I moved from China to Moscow.

Edited by Foxy2

Interesting about the denim Foxy. Also interesting about the washing... they look presoak to me... time to wear them hard! :)

^Leonard, yea i went down. From 2.45 to 4pm, waited for sean then i went off. Met some of the guys there. You?

I was down from 6~7 with my buddy Krus, popped a beer each and got schooled by this guy on redcloud and MF. it was damn enjoyable learning about all the details and denim twills etc from him.

It slipped my mind to get his name but he was an all-round pleasure to speak with!

Edited by LeonardToby

HAHA hey gregor! it was the grand opening for Tuckshop & sundry supplies yesterday. Up to 40% off a lot of their stuff including misterfreedom, ironheart etc. :) My buddy koped the last denim pouch from RC at $28!

I reckon old Donald will be down with it.

Edit: But who are those people? Why is there a photo of them on the redcloud blog? Where am I?

Edited by gregornz

Lenny, what exactly did the dude school you about in relation to redcloud? I'm guessing he works for Iron Heart? What did he make of redcloud denim?

What's up with this big line down my leg? It happened after a wash I think; is it one BIG thread that's popped out of place and blazed it's way to freedom?

6791793820_7357512670_z.jpg

Ah i guess youre right, I just took it down. Guess i couldnt really ask him if i didnt know who he was in the first place, but thanks for the ID sean. B) But he really was fantastic on both occasions when i went down to TS&S. He taught me about the different weaves between the denim on the 400 and 400s. He also schooled me on Redcloud's different fit comparisons between the 400, 424 and 423 and went into a detailed explanation to me and my buddy about mf shirts. He also opened up beers for me and my bud as we talked about the possibility of TS&S selling denim underwear :D hahaha

Donald has passion in what he does, ill give him that. And it rubs off well! ^_^

Gregor: He actually works in TS&S/OGL which sells a wide variety of denim brands ranging from Misterfreedom, ironheart, redcloud, railcar and also other stuff like shirts, boots, coats, hats, pomade, combs and leather goods from ogl. I spoke to him briefly on the topic of RCs and he mentioned that he was working on 424 and 425 as well. He was wearing 424 on the day i met him and said that it was worn pretty lightly still (about 3~4 months in) and it fades pretty patchy

Interesting. What did he say about the weave? And what did he say about the fits?