Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

@gregornz

you have a very serious problem with your crotch..

My girlfriend disagrees :)

Edited by gregornz

Fit Pics of the 425XX

This is the front view...

6888214286_1ba4c691f1_z.jpg

And this is the back view...

6888214642_ddc3bb6375_z.jpg

And this is the peculiar fly, which is going to forever be like this, because that's just the way that its decided to crease...

7034308245_41e2baff8c_z.jpg

Edited by gregornz

Yeah, the rise does look low in the photo! I guess it is that low - but I'm also used to it. More of a problem than that and the thighs is the cut through the top block, right where you can see the whiskering starting... for some reason in that area [and on the 400 series too] they are just lacking 3 or 4 cm's, and subsequently they are pretty rough on my penis and testicles.

As for fading, yep, it's there... you just gotta get direct sunlight, look hard, and use your imagination :)

I've decided that my S400 are just too small, so fuck it, I'm going to buy a bigger pair. I REALLY love this denim, so I'm going to get the same again.

Anyway, that means that I'm giving these away free. That's right, free, I'll even pay the shipping :)

They are size 31, exactly 3 months old, never washed, soaked twice, just starting to come into fading season. They measure 87 cm's around the waist and 54 cm's at the thigh opening. Here is the official measurement chart:

7040721113_66cb001c6a.jpg

If you'd like them, PM me. Please only get in touch if 1) You are going to be the one who will wear them [i want the to go to a SUFUer], 2) They will fit you well, and 3) You have time to wear them to death. I guess because they are free there will be a few takers, so it might help to say why you think I should give them to you or whatever. Best candidate wins! :)

6827432913_41686c8f9e.jpg

Edited by gregornz

This thread is littered with pics of the S400's, but here's an old one for memory sake:

6787899481_d96b137874_z.jpg

Right now I'm trying to locate some more 17oz denim... It's tough! My man in Tianjin has lots of R400's, which is the 17oz I like the least. What I really want is the S423XX. The sizing on it is crazy; the 34 is 88cm [same as the 32 natural indigo...?] and the 36 is 94cms, so I don't know what is up with that... typo?

Looks like my best bet is a size 34 R400, which is 92 cms in the waist, exactly the size I want. Still waiting to hear if they are in stock.. otherwise I'll have to cross my fingers that there is another 17oz model produced in the future... I guess there will be.

Dude, good purchase! The cut looks looser than I expected... how did you size them? They also look quite soft/flexible for the 17oz... have you washed them?

^Thanks man. It is definitely looser maybe its due to the WW2 cut. I just went along with the waist line. For this pair you really gotta wear it high up. If not huge huge hip flares will be popping out. I took over this brand new pair from a friend, he actually bought this size and wanted to shrink it down but it failed after 2 attempts of hot soak. So i took it over and it fits well. Very soft and loose. No constrains at any area.

Here is a pic with a pair of engineers after hemming them.

IMG03584-20120403-1953.jpg

The front view angle is very bad cause taken from a height so you'll notice the huge hip flares. But if viewing it in person would be much nicer to be honest.

IMG03582-20120403-1953.jpg

This particular model was actually designed by the taobao shop that stocks redcloud, not the redcloud jeansmith himself. It seems they have tried to address the tightness of most redclouds through the topblock, but do you think they've gone too far nuffsaid?

Also, I notice that these are not the only pair of denim's you're rocking. How does that 17oz denim compare to others you have?

Im not sure about addressing the tightness issue but i think its the WW2 cutting that makes it alittle looser. Didn't know it was for the taobao shop. They only had limited pairs for this model and they use vintage old hardware on them.

I have anotehr pair of PBJ 007, definitely different my PBJ is rather stiffer cause i only did one hot soak. This RC pair has the rather looser fit compared to my other pair.

Yeah, I guess that's what I mean.

I know because I asked the guy who owns the shop in Tianjin if he had any S423XX. He didn't, so he called the factory in Shenyang to see if he could order some, and they told him that that model is exclusive to the taobao shop and that they designed it, or had input into the design, or something to that effect. A collaboration I guess you'd say. I also talked to the taobao shop and they said there are none left but a new version will be coming in the autumn. They also said they have some new stock to upload to the website after qing ming jie [after today], but I don't know what it was.

Qing Ming jie... Hmmm.. Will prolly last 3 days there. So you should expect them to be up by Monday.

Btw gregornz, really very generous of you. I hope that person can wear them as hard as you do, and do you proud. Hahah..

Thanks Gnob.

The official winner is Leonard Toby, but only because he cried like a girl and then got down on his knees and begged.

I kinda wish I hadn't done it like this now, I didn't realise that I'd have to disappoint people. So if you are one of the ones that were interested but didn't get them, sorry, I wish I could have given them to all of you, and did consider cutting them to pieces, but finally realised the fit of 1/8th of a jean would be terrible. So, sorry.

As a condition for taking the S400's L.T. has agreed to post hourly fade photos, so watch this space!

Thanks Gnob.

The official winner is Leonard Toby, but only because he cried like a girl and then got down on his knees and begged.

I kinda wish I hadn't done it like this now, I didn't realise that I'd have to disappoint people. So if you are one of the ones that were interested but didn't get them, sorry, I wish I could have given them to all of you, and did consider cutting them to pieces, but finally realised the fit of 1/8th of a jean would be terrible. So, sorry.

As a condition for taking the S400's L.T. has agreed to post hourly fade photos, so watch this space!

HAHAHA BITCH, you promised not to reveal our skype conversation :(

25903973-cry-gif-.gif

What does that mean gnob?

Edit: Oh, you're talking about the discussion at indigo roots? Good news travels fast :)

Edited by gregornz

Hey gregornz, don't be mistaken. I wouldn't do that if I were you, because rc is quite a reputable brand, you could probably keep it and give it away in future, prolly to your relatives etc.. But really, its your jeans anyway..

I'll respect that. it's really very generous of you.

I can dig it Gnob.

In the end, enjoying denim vicariously is more important to me than money. That's the great thing about a denim hobby - it's cheaper than golf :)

I think as denim heads on here, what we like is people that are passionate about denim. I'm happy that my ex-jeans are going to a dude that's going to enjoy them. In the end, what more would you really want?

Peace out to all my malingering friends at indigoroots... there's some Red Cloud fans there for real.

And don't forget the big beat manifesto; Big beats are the best, get high all the time.