Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

^cut&sew pieces? lolwut

supreme was all about that nyc skate scene that no one outside of ny knew about until skate/sneaker culture finally had a kid and named it clientele. i dont think most patrons have ever thought about the box logo

my bad I meant "apparel".

GAAAAD DAMNIT DUDE. No one has ever stated that we shouldn't stop him. What the 'haters' say is donate to a charity that actually does something about the situation and stop acting like you're important because you share a god damn video on your facebook.

ALLA YALL MAWFACKAZ STUPID AS FUCK.

1) I didn't read most of the posts in this thread yet. Don't have a computer browsing sufu on my phone wassup

2) I don't have Facebook lolls

3) I'm so sorry a controversial video about Africans made the rounds on the Internet which brought a huge wave of people reading up on the problems behind it and thus reading up on actual problems in Africa and allowing more helpful charities to piggyback off it's popularity. Really, I'm sorry.

4) I forget

5) uhhhh oh right. What the hell do you want our military to do? Be in two wars at once for no particular reason that I think we can all agree are pretty much pointless to fight at this point? I think having a military is a necessity, as much as I am against warfare, but since we need one we might as well try to wield it against crazy dudes who I think we can all agree are evil. I don't remember if this addresses a point you made as it's too hard to scroll back up on my phone to read what you wrote again.

Yeah

5) uhhhh oh right. What the hell do you want our military to do? Be in two wars at once for no particular reason that I think we can all agree are pretty much pointless to fight at this point? I think having a military is a necessity, as much as I am against warfare, but since we need one we might as well try to wield it against crazy dudes who I think we can all agree are evil. I don't remember if this addresses a point you made as it's too hard to scroll back up on my phone to read what you wrote again.

Yeah

... or you could not send your military off into another sovereign nation's territory to chase a guy who is no longer a player in the conflict and almost completely irrelevant to the ongoing violence in africa, and probably already dead

results: the us spends huge amounts of money on another war.

the violence in the region escalates and many more are killed in reprisals/etc.

kony is killed/captured big fucking woop

the current deployment of us military 'advisors' is probably ideal in this situation, and is certainly doing a lot more good than would, for example, sending in the marines

edit: jesus tittyfucking christ, why are people. so. goddamn. stupid.

tl;dr - more arguing about kony

Edited by philosophiliac

yo this kony debate is retarded, but i'm gonna weigh in with one point i'm yet to see raised

despite how much we want to vilify this guy, he isn't hitler

he isn't a threat to the world at large, he's just a shitty asshole who's fucking shit up in uganda

but uganda is a fucked up place, and killing one dude will leave space for another dude, just as shitty, to pop up and start doing the exact same thing

the list of dictators that have been able to run roughshod over human rights in africa is longer than i'd care to think about, so what the fuck do we think arresting this one prick is gonna do

there's a system in place that allows for this kind of violence to take place, and the fact that invisible children is addressing one man is fucking absurd to me

that's like arresting a drug dealer and saying you're fighting the war on drugs

/rant

Posted · Hidden by broneck, March 13, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by broneck, March 13, 2012 - No reason given

yo this kony debate is retarded, but i'm gonna weigh in with one point i'm yet to see raised

despite how much we want to vilify this guy, he isn't hitler

he isn't a threat to the world at large, he's just a shitty asshole who's fucking shit up in uganda

but uganda is a fucked up place, and killing one dude will leave space for another dude, just as shitty, to pop up and start doing the exact same thing

the list of dictators that have been able to run roughshod over human rights in africa is longer than i'd care to think about, so what the fuck do we think arresting this one prick is gonna do

there's a system in place that allows for this kind of violence to take place, and the fact that invisible children is addressing one man is fucking absurd to me

that's like arresting a drug dealer and saying you're fighting the war on drugs

how is no one talking about this

/rant

1) I didn't read most of the posts in this thread yet. Don't have a computer browsing sufu on my phone wassup

2) I don't have Facebook lolls

3) I'm so sorry a controversial video about Africans made the rounds on the Internet which brought a huge wave of people reading up on the problems behind it and thus reading up on actual problems in Africa and allowing more helpful charities to piggyback off it's popularity. Really, I'm sorry.

4) I forget

Yeah

LOL. I clearly wrote 3 lines of hate because I didn't want to elaborate on something you could google and find out for yourself.

Also, your 5th point is incredibly off topic especially considering what I wrote. Last of all, I never said I was against spreading the video (as I wrote). I'm against blindly donating to a fraudulent charity and thinking it's going to make a difference.

Learn how to read...

Edited by Lozinski

Not to mention this shit

http://blogs.aljazeera.com/africa/2012/03/14/ugandans-react-anger-kony-video

Which seems to suggest that at the least many Ugandans are upset about the comodization of their suffering by invisible children, which definitely is whack.

So sorry I spouted some ill informed bull. I've been thinking about it a lot recently. Even without the opinions of some Ugandans via al jazeera, I still see a lot of problems with the campaign. But I mean whatever you guys don't care about my life story so...

i agree with your post completely clopek. that being said, people starting to care a little bit about africa is itself a good thing, regardless of how absurd it is to focus on one man. nobody cares about africa because there is really no reason to; they have no resources and dictators like kony present virtually no threat to the rest of the world. a little bit of public outrage at the terrible things happening in uganda and throughout africa isnt necessarily a bad thing.

^one time this old japanese lady asked me if i was happa (i'm like black white native american mix)

and then i told her no and she still kept trying to talk to me in japanese for some reason idk why

I went out to dinner with my Taiwanese friend's family.

They loved me, but once they learned I was Filipino for the most part, they wouldn't stop insisting I had Chinese blood in me.

(I'm a quarter european spanish)

Maybe i'm missing something, Leroy, but from you putting that you're quarter european spanish, are we supposed to infer that that's the reason the family insisted you had Chinese blood in you?

Maybe i'm missing something, Leroy, but from you putting that you're quarter european spanish, are we supposed to infer that that's the reason the family insisted you had Chinese blood in you?

they insisted because I have chinky eyes and pale skin and old chinese people are racist/ hate filipinos and they were uncomfortable liking a filipino.

and I'm like just a little chinese because of my mom's dad. I mentioned this to relieve them because we spent too much table talk on it.

I'm more pale because of my mom being a halfie.

Edited by Leonard Leroy