skinny jeans, skinny person. lets get real.

trueblue

Hi,

I'm male and 28 years old. I am 5'10 and 132lb.

I've always been thin, although, am currently going to the gym to try and fatten up (for myself, not for you lot ;)).

Everyone seems to love skinny jeans, but what about on ppl as thin as me?? :/

Please advise,

Yours truely,

Stick Figure.

hmm i dun really understand what you are saying....since u say u are very thin....wont wearing slim(to me slim is less skinny than skinny) clothes/jeans look better on you?

Dont very thin ppl look ridiculous with baggy/baggier clothes? as all u see is like their joints popping out of their shirts....

my 2 cents

>> hmm i dun really understand what you are saying....since u say u are very thin....wont >> wearing slim(to me slim is less skinny than skinny) clothes/jeans look better on you?

I didn't think the 1947 501's were that baggy? ;)

60kg is pretty thin (skinny if you like) - and I tried on Nudies regular ralfs and straight svens and it doesn't look very good, trust me.

I am going to gym etc at the moment, so things will slowly change....

Edited by trueblue on May 23, 2006 at 05:07 AM

Oh, I say go for the skinny stuff without exaggerating. As a girl, I have to say that I envy the thin guys for how well this current trend fits them. In my opinion, wearing baggy clothing will only accentuate the skinny frame.

Quote:

my local ladies have been laughing at me for wearing skinny clothings.. they said a guy shouldn't dress like that but they do admire my courage for wearing those skin tight clothings..

--- Original message by su8m3rg3d on May 23, 2006 05:57 AM

Those local ladies are stupid, keep on wearing them skinny jeans.

Edited by mandel9000 on May 23, 2006 at 06:21 AM

Quote:
Quote:

my local ladies have been laughing at me for wearing skinny clothings.. they said a guy shouldn't dress like that but they do admire my courage for wearing those skin tight clothings..

Those local ladies are stupid, keep on wearing them skinny jeans.

Edited by mandel9000 on May 23, 2006 at 06:21 AM

--- Original message by mandel9000 on May 23, 2006 06:21 AM

slow != stupid

If you're really skinny, consider that skinnier jeans are going to look more normal on you, where regular fit jeans are going to look baggy, and baggy jeans are treading into MC-hammer territory.

I advise that you don't get a 47 repro - the cut will be baggy on someone with your frame (I know because I have a similar frame). For me to get a good fit on the 47s, I had to size down so much that I could barely button the top button.

On the other hand you don't want jeans so tight that they look like leggings.

Crate denim is a good choice where you're at I think.

If you want to go Japanese, I would advise a 66-style repro. They're the slimmest of the 501 styles. Denime does a low-rise 66 model that would work well if you want low rise.

I'm of the opinion that skinny guys can get away with wearing ANYTHING.

Maybe you should think about wearing skinny jeans, just because you CAN. (DIOR, ACNE)

I'm a rail and I find that 47s in my true size ARE a bit baggy, but refreshingly so.

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

trureblue:

im 5'11 and 136lbs. i always wore relaxed pants until last week i finally found a pair of skinny jeans i liked. i used to try to waer clothes that cloaked my skinny frame, now im just rocking that shit likes its nobodys business. i think it looks dope. if your not comfortable with your size, then by all means, wear something that makes you look thicker and keep hitting the gym, but if your cool with being mistaken for a junkie or an AIDS patient, get down with it.

Quote:

those ladies are just envious because you are skinnier than them. my girlfriend gives me a lot of crap because i wear a 26 in apcs. i could probably fit in her 25 super slim kim, but might get moose knuckled. =P

-later days.

I'm also very skinny, probably similar height but I weigh even less than you!

I find the nudie cuts pretty good, the ralph & slim jim look good - not too baggy, and definately not skin tight! I like my clothes quite slim - I don't think shirts & pants that are baggy look good on me. But I'm also not into wearing completely skin tight jeans.

I've also got a pair of APC new standards which I find very good in the leg, but the but is a bit too big/baggy for me (anyone else have this problem? - it might be 'cause I got a 28" waist when I shoula got a 26" but I dunno).

However, I also used to think I didn't want to wear any slim clothes. When I first got my Nudie Ralphs I thought they were quite slim compared to what I was used to and what my friends wore. The slim jim was then WAY too skinny for me, I just wasn't used to it. But that was ages ago, and now I'm comfortable with my slim bodyshape and I've realised that wearing slimmer fitting clothes makes me look a LOT better!

Oh, and with the ladies: most of the girls I know can dig guys in slim fitting clothes, if it suits them. My girlfriend thinks I look good in my slim jeans, even if it does occasionally get on her nerves that I weigh only a little more than she does!

Edited by chapital on May 23, 2006 at 07:59 PM

try the nudie - slim jim, i think the cut on those are real nice for slim/semi slim people.

Julian Red Cali 32x32 *USED* 2 1/2 weeks. 130$ shipped -U.S only.

[url=" http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=11570"] <a href="http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=11570" target="_blank">http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=11570</a>

GAWD. Tall people who wear super tight legging pants just do not look good to me.

I want to agree with renski about trying on a pair of crate denim. They're fitted very well for slim body types but do not look like leggings... they still drape and wrinkle really well. I think for a person with long skinny legs, it's better to get slightly looser fits.

Thanks for all the responses guys and gals :)

I have tried on some Regular Ralf's.. am gonna go back with my gf to see what she thinks.

IN regards to APC New standard raw ... I have called a couple of shops here (Melbourne, Australia) - these shops are _THE_ shops for jeans (nudies diesel etc etc).. they hadn't even heard of APC heh.

If there are no stores, are you guys ordering from the net or what?

My gf usually takes her camera everywhere she goes, so I might get her to take some pics and I will paste for comments :D