umm. i spilled asian fish sauce on my jeans and now they smell. help.

Quote: yes it is nuc mam. same thing.

Nuc mam comes specifically from Vietnam and is made from fermented fish heads....so no, it is not the same as regular fish sauce....it smells like a homeless man who has been camping in Roseanne Arnold's vagina for 3 years....regular fish sauce just smells, well, fishy. If it was real Nuc Mam you wouldn't even be writing this thread, your jeans would have had to have been buried.

Edited by englandmj7 on May 24, 2006 at 01:18 PM

They're ruined, give up. Get yourself a new pair and build a special jean chamber. Never allow any food to enter the chamber and lock yourself in it for 6 hours a day with a bottle of starch doing squats.

Thats how the miners did it. icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

Seriously though.. just hand wash them with some detergent. Any detergent. You dont need to special order any stuff from some obscure place.

If it was my pair, Id handwash them and hang dry outside in the sun - When they were almost completely dry id throw them in the dryer with a softener sheet to make them feel clean and washed.

Quote:

^^ Holy shit, did you just uncover some facet of Selegna's dark and mysterious identity? The Apocalypse may be near..........

--- Original message by englandmj7 on May 24, 2006 02:45 PM

Flips are all about bagoong-------fermented baby shrimp. The perfect dry denim topping.

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

Quote:

bagoong and young mangoes <3

maybe a cold soak / handwash would be in order as the patis may have affected a larger area than you originally estimated

--- Original message by almondcrush on May 27, 2006 09:40 PM

hahahaha awesome. i used to eat that all the time when i was little.

• 1 month later...
so there.

it stinks like fuck now, and i dont know what to do, and i dont wanna wash them cos they've been washed quite a few times by the previous owner, and are a little more blue than i'd like them to be.

so, how do i get rid of the smells without washing?

punk me, bitch.

lame

just throw it away or buy a new one

put those suckers up on ebay... whoohoo! "SUURPRISE!"

Oh and damimtall, I keep getting stanky pussy juices spilled on my expensive denim, does anyone else have this problem?

viet pride

nuoc mum + com ftw

HA! I was waiting for this. Oh and sorry for helping to revive this thread... I was sreepy.