Supreme 2011 S/S

readytoignite

but if Supreme was smart, they'd sell the shirt at the price the market is willing to pay AKA what would resellers sell for, effectively pricing out the resellers and optimizing the proceeds for charity rather than allowing resellers to profit from a charitable cause....

true but it's the same old conflict between accessibility and profitability (albeit profits go to a good cause). i mean they could do a charity auction of shit from their photo shoots if they really wanted.

i do suspect this will be their most expensive "classic" t-shirt but not convinced it'll be beyond $60

has the ebbets fitted dropped in stores yet? thought it woulda been out in the beginning of the season, wanna make sure I don't miss it.

no

btw, is Ebbet Fields cap sizing the same as new era sizing?

yes

but if Supreme was smart, they'd sell the shirt at the price the market is willing to pay AKA what would resellers sell for, effectively pricing out the resellers and optimizing the proceeds for charity rather than allowing resellers to profit from a charitable cause....

Do you really think anyone is willing to fork over $200 for the shirt? I know you probably wouldn't that's for sure. You call it immoral, but everyone who buys the shirt already done their part by donating to the Japanese Red Cross. Whatever follows suit after the purchase is not your personal business. If you care so much, you should do yourself a favor and fly to Japan and donate your own money. Supreme operates as a business and so do resellers. You act like if some overseas person asked you to get a shirt for them, you would not charge a markup. Yeah ok.

i know. I just wished for once Supreme would take advantage of their ability to price stuff real high and sell this for at least $200 if not more.

proceeds by itself it pretty meaningless. Gross proceed would refer to sales while net proceeds would refer to sales net of any expenses (from gross profit to net income depending on your definition of expense)

you could definitely run a successful clothing brand.

Do you really think anyone is willing to fork over $200 for the shirt? I know you probably wouldn't that's for sure. You call it immoral, but everyone who buys the shirt already done their part by donating to the Japanese Red Cross. Whatever follows suit after the purchase is not your personal business. If you care so much, you should do yourself a favor and fly to Japan and donate your own money. Supreme operates as a business and so do resellers. You act like if some overseas person asked you to get a shirt for them, you would not charge a markup. Yeah ok.

I think you have have started by post by a disclaimer that would have read as such: I'm a Supreme reseller and i see a business opportunity to profit from people's misery which i'm not keen to miss so i will bitch, scream and make personal attacks to defend my god-given right to be a bloodsucker. your post is so childish and selfish, it's painful to read. i and would pay $200 for the shirt in a heartbeat, even more if they did a proper charity auction (with tax receipt).

You call it immoral' date=' but everyone who buys the shirt already done their part by donating to the Japanese Red Cross. [/quote']

give a little to charity, make a huge profit, you must be an awesome person if you are justifying it this way.

Whatever follows suit after the purchase is not your personal business. If you care so much' date=' you should do yourself a favor and fly to Japan and donate your own money. Supreme operates as a business and so do resellers. [/quote']

Supreme will donate ALL PROCEEDS from the sales. whether they gives the shirts away or charge $1000, it'll make no difference to their bottom line so your argument that Supreme operates as a business is completely worthless and show how stretched your failed argument in favor of you poor reselling operation is.

You act like if some overseas person asked you to get a shirt for them' date=' you would not charge a markup. Yeah ok.[/quote']

do you actually want me to shed a tear for the hard life of resellers....

Edit: you seems to think someone will pay $1,700 for 5 skateboards so i see no reason why a $200 t-shirt wouldn't sell

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPREME-KOONS-DAMIEN-HIRST-SKATEBOARD-DECK-SET-5-/170605936282?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b8e7fe9a#ht_3470wt_905

here we go... this month's edition of supreme fan vs supreme reseller......

not sure if I qualify as a supreme fan, i hardly ever wear anything anymore. i actually don't generally care about reseller, it's a free world out there, but profiting from a charity sale is just the apex of tastelessness IMO.

not sure if I qualify as a supreme fan, i hardly ever wear anything anymore. i actually don't generally care about reseller, it's a free world out there, but profiting from a charity sale is just the apex of tastelessness IMO.

Because the Red Cross doesn't profit from charities right? The same way how churches don't profit from donations right? You can complain all you want, I did not even make a listing yet and people have asked me to get the shirts for them. Unlike you, I have orders to fulfill, so blame the customers for asking me to copz fo demz. If you care so much, pretend the shirt retails for $200 and pay me the money and I'll happily send you any size you want and a rox rogo sticka 4 freeez. What Supreme is doing is more of a publicity stunt than an actual donation. How many pieces do you really think they will release that will even make a sizable contribution to the Red Cross? They are better off donating all the money selling those Slugger Bat keychains than selling these shirts. Anyways I don't have time for your rebuttals because I need to resellz dese box logo x jPn fiyahs, so anything you have to say I'll proceed with the following answer "Cool Story Bro." Also, I'll be waiting for a neg rep from you.

yo hard to fathom just say it

'i want money and fuck everyone else'

no need to type these long ass replies

Lol, that isn't 100% true but what I will say is "I want money like the Red Cross." Someone on other forums wrote this

Originally Posted by murakami

if their intention is to raise money for the benefit, then they better produce a lot of tees and not make it limited quantity.

True story!

Speaking of Supreme and Japan, these Japanese cats were in the Lafayette store yesterday and had no fucking clue what a handball was. SA had to pull one out to demonstrate and they were totally lost. Pretty sure they bought one after. It was kinda funny.

i see the same situation for suburb peeps