aleopold

superfuture skiing/snowboarding club

288 posts in this topic

thought a place for gear talk, videos, etc. would be a nice addition.

my newest gear pick-up:

5331569927_5f6447d1af_z.jpg

anyone have recommendations for some tuning supplies? i'm looking to stop borrowing my friend's..

this can't be that bad of a flop.

anyone out there can give me tips on riding rails and half pipes for the first time?

and is it gay to wear butt pads?

there have to be more shredders on here.... wake up!!

invincibile, have you started hitting boxes yet? i can do smaller boxes and rails, but nothing that spectacular at this point. i'm working on it though. and i second your question about pipes. butt bads... eh, i don't wear them, but i doubt anyone would notice/care?

jeremy jones. not terribly fond of the soundtrack, but, damn, some good shots.

edit: just found this, cannot wait to grab a copy of it. looks so good.

Really glad the east coast has gotten dumped on early in the season.

Been riding at Loon mostly. Excited to head up there in the next week or two because they have their staircase open finally.

IMG_5740ph.jpg

It may be early in the season but i'm already counting down the days until Tuckermans is warm enough to ride.

ef26fd57_tuckermans_ravine.jpg

never put snowboarding with skiing. no hate.

Why not, freestyle skiing is just as awesome as snowboarding.

It may be early in the season but i'm already counting down the days until Tuckermans is warm enough to ride.

ef26fd57_tuckermans_ravine.jpg

got more info on tuckermans?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuckerman_Ravine

http://www.mountwashingtonavalanchecenter.org/tuckerman-ravine/

Bowl on the east side of Mt. Washington. Too cold to ride until the spring unless your a badass/dumb, snow lasts into May. From the parking area its a 2-2.5 hour hike in to the base of the bowl. In the spring place is crowded and fun. Hike the bowl a couple of times until your too tired to do it again, and then you can ski out almost to your car on a trail adjacent to the hiking trail. Usually moderate avalanche danger, and the crowd gives it a false sense of security, it is remote even it if doesn't feel like it.

The bowl is awesome, some of the steepest skiing in New England, 40-55 degrees. Great way to spend a day during a season were its to muddy anywhere else to go out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuckerman_Ravine

http://www.mountwashingtonavalanchecenter.org/tuckerman-ravine/

Bowl on the east side of Mt. Washington. Too cold to ride until the spring unless your a badass/dumb, snow lasts into May. From the parking area its a 2-2.5 hour hike in to the base of the bowl. In the spring place is crowded and fun. Hike the bowl a couple of times until your too tired to do it again, and then you can ski out almost to your car on a trail adjacent to the hiking trail. Usually moderate avalanche danger, and the crowd gives it a false sense of security, it is remote even it if doesn't feel like it.

The bowl is awesome, some of the steepest skiing in New England, 40-55 degrees. Great way to spend a day during a season were its to muddy anywhere else to go out.

thanks for that 2nd link

Why not, freestyle skiing is just as awesome as snowboarding.

+123456789

This weekend me and some buddies are heading down to Mt. Baker. It'll be my first time so I'm stoked. It is going to be hard to leave the local hill (Big White) for the weekend though. We're getting great snow these days.

I have Ride Delta Movement bindings on my Arbor Element. No complaints. Comfortable and responsive all around.

I've heard good things about the Union Force bindings and also the Rome 390s.

just pass baker and hop down to hood for a friday sesh, yadig?

^interested in what people think here too. i need a new pair of bindings, my rides suck so much balls.

Just ordered a lib tech banana magic 152. cant decide on bindings but leaning towards Rome 390s right now..suggestions?

i don't think you can go wrong with anything rome makes

i personally ride tech nines and i love them, but i've ridden my buddy's rome bindings and they're pretty nice too

jealous about the skate banana. really want one of those

just pass baker and hop down to hood for a friday sesh, yadig?

^interested in what people think here too. i need a new pair of bindings, my rides suck so much balls.

Hood trip is going down in late February. Looking to hit up as many different hills as possible this year. It's easy to get sucked into riding at home and a few trips to Whistler every year. Gotta switch it up.

Season is half over and I still haven't gotten out there :( Usually go up to Loon... Grim Ryan I'm right there with you dude that staircase is bonkers.

Riding a Lib Tech Box Scratcher (Burtners)... little mofo shredssssss.

Hopefully I'll be able to get out there within the next couple weeks, been getting tons of snow up here!

god i hope the forecast is right and it snows in the morning..

^i've never been. planning on a trip this season though, heard it's lightyears ahead of hood in terms of snow quality. truth?

I've been snowboarding for 15 years... and I don't like skiers...

Regardless, I'm moving to Vancouver (from Ottawa...) in September and I am very excited to get out and shred...

^i've never been. planning on a trip this season though, heard it's lightyears ahead of hood in terms of snow quality. truth?

Yeah, east side of the Cascades = much drier, lighter snow.

I have:

-GNU Rider's Choice 2010/2011

-a few years old Drake bindings

-32 boots

-686 pants

-a super sick 686 down filled herringbone jacket

-a Burton softshell

-a Ride shell

-Burton gloves

-Electric goggles

I need new bindings, but they aren't broken and work fine so I don't really care to replace them right now.

I usually ride Kirkwood (have a season pass there) but Heavenly and Northstar are nice, but just a tad too overcrowded.