Fall 06 LVC range - news

Paul T

Quote:

blackgrass I was responding to the Capts question in regards to the way differnent LVC models fit. It clearly shows how much trimmer the 47s are than the 1901s and the standard STF 501s. The point that you may have missed is if you like the way your STF modern 501s fit in your tagged waist size you might find the 47s in the same tagged waist size a bit trim. All of these jeans are several years old and were raw/unwashed when new and have been washed and worn similarly and all have the same tagged waist size. Thats pretty much the way you would order them of the internet.

If you like the way the 47s fit then you might find a pair of 1901s in the same tagged size a bit loose. I think the phots clearly show the difference more than words could ever explain.

--- Original message by airfrogusmc on Jun 8, 2006 12:36 PM

I guess the whole lesson is you better have an actual waist measurement of the particular Levis you want regardless of the tagged size.

What I would really like to see is the different models using a 34/34 (or whatever standard decided) as the actual measurement (regardless of the tagged size) of all the jeans sampled. That way if I have a 34 waist I can see how much looser the 55's are compared to the 47's in the thighs, leg opening, rise..ect..ect.

Quote:

I disagree - and I think we'll have to agree to disagree here - but when I want to know what fits trimmer, I will go by equivalent sizes, not equivalent measurements. If I want to know which jacket fits trimmer, I will try on two different jackets of the same tag size, and compare how they fit. But that's not to say other ways of measuring aren't helpful, just my two cents.

-Jake

--- Original message by jake431 on Jun 8, 2006 11:42 AM

No problem.....but trimmer to me does not mean two inches smaller in the waist. Trimmer to me means you may not have enough room in the thighs or the leg opening is tapered a little more. Yes...it's certainly handy to know that one model of jeans tend to run a couple of inches smaller in the waist than another particular model of the same tagged size.

The actual measurements come into play for me when buying used. I have a pair of levis that are tagged size 38/36 and the actual measurements of 34/ 34.

Airfrogusmc- Those pictures are great. That's exactly the type of example I was looking for. Those 1901's look great too!!

What exactly is "HYPE"?

Edited by captain5640 on Jun 8, 2006 at 03:19 PM

I think airfrogusmc's pics show with clarity the differences between various 501 and lvc models. However, I do understand the argument about different cuts/models having varying sizes, such as 1947 501xx waist sizing being small from the factory. However, the truth is the 1947 501 fit is a "trim/slimmer" fit, and the pics in this thread show that well.

Edited by YoungPunch on Jun 8, 2006 at 08:49 PM

• 1 month later...