Detergent..

NoSleep

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know where to find dr bronner's? I don't have access to my own credit card yet and the site doesn't give a good listing for where to find it. Would a store like Whole Foods carry it or not?

i was surprised they carry it, but i got mine @ a GNC store. they were having a sale last month!

• 4 weeks later...
Which Dr Bronner's soap do u think smells best?

best: mint

worst: almond something or other... yiughk

Got mine at whole foods too, sans cute girls though =/

When I did a dr. bronners wash I did a cold 1 hour soak no agitation , 2 hours with bronners and cold water, no agitation. and then a 1-2 hour soak/rinse no agitation.

Then I hung the jeans upside down in hot water from crotch up (so that waist - crotch were submerged) to get some shrikage in that area. Didnt want anything else to shrink as I was happy with the length and legs etc. and i didn't do any initial soak when I bought them. anyways. they didnt shrink anywhere.

RBsSoaking.jpg

Hung to dry. they got reeeaally soft, I don't think I go all the soap out. should have changed water after the hour and done another rinse/soak or something.

• 1 month later...
actually, febreeze might eventually make the smell a bit worse.

You obviously don't listen to the pseudo-science about febreeze on their tv commercials. Don't you see how their special scientific stink grabbing molecules (also a science word) grab the stink fragments and transport them to another dimension? ;)

Dude it's a scientifantastical fact!

You obviously don't listen to the pseudo-science about febreeze on their tv commercials. Don't you see how their special scientific stink grabbing molecules (also a science word) grab the stink fragments and transport them to another dimension? ;)

Dude it's a scientifantastical fact!

oh yeah, i forgot about the molecule-grabbing... in that case, use febreeze every day. :)

• 1 month later...

We actually sell Sugarcane brand denim cleaners.

It comes with two packets, one is meant to disinfect and clean your jeans and the other is meant to "revitalize" the indigo color in your jeans. We've tried them out, they work quite well.

We actually sell Sugarcane brand denim cleaners.

It comes with two packets, one is meant to disinfect and clean your jeans and the other is meant to "revitalize" the indigo color in your jeans. We've tried them out, they work quite well.

How much are you selling these for kiya? I never saw the denim cleaner for sale at SE. The two packets are good for one wash only, right?

They're $15 for one set.

From the instructions they're supposed to be used seperately, as in you can use one to clean your jeans, then use the other one to revitalize the color a few months later if you'd like.

They're $15 for one set.

From the instructions they're supposed to be used seperately, as in you can use one to clean your jeans, then use the other one to revitalize the color a few months later if you'd like.

Will eventually cop once the itch gets severe enough to overcome my laziness.

No one answered my previous question though. Will Dr. Bronner's do a similar job in killing germs and generally disinfecting?

• 4 weeks later...

How many squirts of Bronner's do you guys do for a large tub halfway full of water. In other words, the jeans are not just in a puddle deep enough to overlap the denim with a layer water...no, the water level in the tub is at a point where the jeans are "drowning" as they soak.

Quoted from Chicken in http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12733

Wash:

Detergents without bleach or phosphate(?) are best to use, but sounds like it really doesn’t matter that much. Master used a detergent soap and swirled it in the water few times. The key thing is to make sure that the water’s not too soapy — it shouldn’t be foaming.

Even with the non-foaming water, you’ll see that by the end of the wash the water has turned quite blue. It says wash is important because you get rid of oils accumulated during the making of the jeans.

Oh and Master washed the jeans inside-out.

Hope it helps!