will sleeping in your dry denim get the same result as wearing them everyday?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys

about sleeping with jeans....

now i do that...

But i don't feel like recomending that....

because,Yet Fung also said, of sweat !

you would sweat a lot all night long.

maybe good way to soften your jeans....

i think it's not good for sharp fading....

how about you?

Sorry Ryu, I should have been more clear about the comment I made about sharp contrast.

I noticed that the jeans I sweat the most in, have a very streaky contrast after they are washed. I guess I attributed that more to the sweat than I did the abrasion.

Guest jeffvyain

i have a question related to wear but a little off topic.

a week or so ago i took a good spill on the skateboard after bombing a hill and carving right over a puddle. i fell and slid on my left side for a good 15...20 feet. the road was so smooth that i didn't even rip my shirt, let alone my APCs. my left leg is now a little bit lighter than my right leg, though. i suppose from all the rubbing. i'm around 2 months into these now. when i wash these am I going to end up with an unnaturally lighter left leg?

hope i'm not forced to fall on my right leg. the tucking over my left shoulder method of falling that i've perfected does not lend to that very well.

Quote:

i have a question related to wear but a little off topic.

a week or so ago i took a good spill on the skateboard after bombing a hill and carving right over a puddle. i fell and slid on my left side for a good 15...20 feet. the road was so smooth that i didn't even rip my shirt, let alone my APCs. my left leg is now a little bit lighter than my right leg, though. i suppose from all the rubbing. i'm around 2 months into these now. when i wash these am I going to end up with an unnaturally lighter left leg?

hope i'm not forced to fall on my right leg. the tucking over my left shoulder method of falling that i've perfected does not lend to that very well.

--- Original message by jeffvyain on May 20, 2006 06:02 AM

i say leave it, it will be one of those things that make your jeans trully unique,

chwa?

Guest jeffvyain

reasonably logical idea there....

coldrice, you're going to be in japan for a couple months, right? are you going to continue doing the jean thing for people the entire time you're there? because i'm poor right now, but i'll be working soon as i can find a job that doesn't suck too bad.

• 9 months later...
god, too bad, it's too hot in the summer to wear denim all the time. There've been days where I've gotten more contrast in one sweaty day of being active all over the city, than weeks of wearing them in a dry, cool environment

This also leads to a significant increase in ass smell.

i got duped by the thread title.... clicked on it, and then realised I just stepped into a debate over a boy trying to act like a man who's battling the world for making weird politcally incorrect comments. and I enjoyed it.:D

anyway.

I remember sleeping in my apcs for the first couple of days after I got them...good way to stretch em out a little.

and abt the smell.....one word....FEBREEZE.

• 9 months later...

I think sleeping in jeans just breaks them in a bit faster if you get new jeans and they're still stiff. You usually sweat a lot in your sleep so i guess it would make the jeans break in faster because of the sweat oil. I wouldn't want to wear my jeans to sleep though, for hygienes sake.