45rpm Sorahiko's - Where to buy?

Guest daytrade

Guest daytrade
Quote:

The 45rpm store...

Edit: you can probably get them a bit cheaper via the 45 rpm japanese website

Edited by PG2G on May 9, 2006 at 10:43 PM

--- Original message by PG2G on May 9, 2006 10:41 PM

Thanks guys. PG2G: Do you perhaps have a link to the Sorahiko's on the Japanese 45rpm site? If not, I'll probably just get them from the store in NY. I've seen some pictures on Superfuture of the Jomon's being worn but none of the Sorahiko's. Can someone post some pictures to get a better idea of how they fit? Thanks

Edited by daytrade on May 9, 2006 at 11:02 PM

Edited by daytrade on May 9, 2006 at 11:03 PM

You can't possibly be able to shell out 400 some dollars until you actually get a chance to try them on...And no, there are no other places that sell them any cheaper save ebay or yahoo auctions japan.

i got mine in ginza during a recent business trip. the 45rpm is store is right in front of SONY. It's housed in a building called Mosaic. You could ask people from Tokyo to buy you one and get charged for the service. Mine cost to an equivalent of $210.

the fit is nicer than i thought. some people here say that it's too high rise but it's not at all.

Guest daytrade
Quote:

i got mine in ginza during a recent business trip. the 45rpm is store is right in front of SONY. It's housed in a building called Mosaic. You could ask people from Tokyo to buy you one and get charged for the service. Mine cost to an equivalent of $210.

the fit is nicer than i thought. some people here say that it's too high rise but it's not at all.

--- Original message by john11f on May 10, 2006 06:18 AM

Thanks everyone for the help. Much appreciated. Wow! $210 is a great price. Anyone going to be in the Ginza area?icon_smile_big.gif

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by john11f on May 10, 2006 06:18 AM

Thanks everyone for the help. Much appreciated. Wow! $210 is a great price. Anyone going to be in the Ginza area?icon_smile_big.gif

--- Original message by daytrade on May 10, 2006 06:42 PM

like someone said before, you can either use celga or bid-service or ask xcoldricex. i'm also living in Tokyo so i wouldn't mind helping you out.

ok, i'll say it

search

there's a big thread about 45rpm

read it, lots of good info there

i know partytaco posted some pics of him in his jomons

which are selvedge btw

and look a little bit up in this thread - there's a link to a photo of .... yep, a dude wearing 45rpm's

wow those look a little odd and maybe just a little off. higher rised maybe. how old are they? maybe they just haven't broken in yet. i do remember not liking the fit of mine when i first got them and they kind of rode up my ass but 7 months into them wearing them just about everyday i think they have relaxed and fit perfectly. one of these days i'll post pics.

alright, some people ordered some 45rpms and i wasn't able to get to the post office right away, so i figured why not snap a few photos before they go out. so here is a happy family of sorahiko's - one hand distressed (these come in several different varieties, from super distressed to semi-distressed- of those two categories they also have different varieties as they are hand distressed) one blue, and one black sulfur overdye (worn).

the blue and distressed ones are size 36 which is why they look larger. the black is a 32.

and now the pictures.

sorahiko1.jpg

sorahiko2.jpg

sorahiko3.jpg

sorahiko4.jpg

sorahiko5.jpg

sorahiko6.jpg

sorahiko7.jpg

sorahiko8.jpg

sorahiko9.jpg

sorahiko10.jpg

sorahiko11.jpg

sorahiko12.jpg

sorahiko13.jpg

sorahiko14.jpg

even the bag they give you use nice, it's stitched together on the bottom and has rivets to hold the handle on!

if you need me to get a pair for you just email me. xcoldricex @ comcast . net

Edited by xcoldricex on May 12, 2006 at 07:21 AM

yeah. they haven't really been broken in. i do find the fit a bit odd but i believe it's just because i haven't worn them that much. it's 2 months old but i spend most of my time working on another pair: an eternal 811

if you live in the us, why not deal with the ny stores? they are there for a reason. what if you have a problem with sizing or something else? i don't know, i am picky about jeans, while i have no 45 rpm jeans, if i was going to spend the exorbinant amount of money on them, i would want to try them on or at least know that i was going to be able to get service if they didn't fit or i had a problem with them.

$. I own two pairs of 45rpm jeans so i know what size I take so why not try to get them cheaper overseas? If I did have any problems I'm sure they would be more than happy to help me here at the New York locations. As i've said before their customer service is excellent and they are more than happy to repair any rips or tears in any of their jeans for FREE.

yes, but it's for those very reasons i buy from the ny stores even though i can buy from japan very easily. the extra money is worth it as the staff is so helpful and accommodating. i just don't feel it is fair to buy from japan and then have the ny stores deal with your problems, even though i have no doubt they would do it happily.

plus i know i don't wear the same size in all their stuff (and the jean's cut changes slightly from season to season) so if i were to buy without trying on i'd like to know it's easy to change.

ok, the difference in jomons price is enough but really, and sorry to be a snob, if you're really going to spend $650+ (once you've paid shipping and buyers markup) on one pair of jeans you can spend $800 as well.

this is for people who have access to the ny stores or are in america

the rest of the world (them, as in "us and them") should deal with whatever service works best for them as there aren't other 45rpm stores outside of japan, taiwan and paris