45rpm Sorahiko's - Where to buy?

Guest daytrade

greentea - if you're in cali i'd have the ny store mail you a pair to try, it's much safer.

the japanese stores have a 2 week return policy if i recall and shipping is around $40 each way (excluding customs). and if you have a middleman like juno or djrajio then you're just adding to the hassle if you try to return them.

the ny store will still help you if you buy from japan. one person bought from japan, they sent the wrong size and the 45rpm NYC store refunded him. they will also repair your jeans for life- it doesn't matter where you got them from, as long as they are 45rpm. and i don't think its unreasonable as it's the same company- that's like only fixing your computer in the states if you bought it in the states- i know i had to fix my computer while being abroad, and there's nothing wrong with that.

and i don't know about you but $650 and $800 is a big difference (even more when you add NY tax). $150+ is another pair of nice jeans.

Edited by xcoldricex on May 13, 2006 at 08:35 AM

the computer analogy is a little off, but hey, i'm not making money from 45rpm so what do i care where you buy your jeans

there's a reason though that the ny store is more expensive, think about it

if they help you when you go around them it's because they're decent honorable people

i prefer to treat them as such and not take advantage of them (and these isn't just talk - i paid to send something back to badou-r in tokyo when i could have let the soho people absorb the costs)

now that you've mentioned it, i'm beginning to feel that the construction of the jeans are a bit skewed to the left. as in, the waist button is not centered to my navel and i always try to align it but it just sets in towards the left. also, the 45rpm store hemmed it for me and i noticed that they stitched one part of the hemm folded. hhhmmmm....

you should since you're in japan, no?

as i said my comments were for people who are in the u.s. or will be relying on the ny stores for assistance. if you live in japan or the phillipines or england or almost anywhere else (maybe not paris or taiwan as they have stores there) by all means get them from xcoldricex or juno or celga or whoever. hell, why not even ask a japanese person to call the store in japan for you and get 'em even cheaper. that $30 or $50 dollars you'll be saving can buy you dinner or a pair of stf's to experiment on. and if they end up being the wrong size or you develop buyers regret when you realize your $590 jomon's don't make you look as cool as jimmy fallon, well maybe one of the bid-service people will be nice enough to help you return them.

Edited by asfberg on May 15, 2006 at 07:15 AM

yes, pretty much, as long as you make that choice (and for people like john11f that choice is very easy as price and convenience point to the same source)

but where there is a clear cut difference, and while it's possible for some (in the u.s.) to have their cake and eat it too, i don't think it's a particularly honorable way (edit: to be clear i'm not saying don't buy from japan or xcoldricex or similar service. i'm saying i don't think it's right to skirt the u.s. store and then ask them to help you if some post-purchase issue arises).

another way to look at this is it's 45rpm's problem - they set their prices, they're willing to offer the same service to anyone who buys their products, they must be aware of the global economy and the internet's wealth of information ... so go for it. really, why should i care? i don't benefit from the inflated prices in the u.s.

has anyone tried to buy jomons in japan and return them for credit to the ny store? maybe there's a way to scam some cash there! buy low, sell high ...

Edited by asfberg on May 15, 2006 at 10:49 AM