New kid in town

Hello everyone, I wanted to introduce myself and let you know that its good to see other denim freaks out there. My name is Allen (airfrogusmc) I live in the Chicago suburb of Oak Park.

I am a LVC owner. I have a pair of 1901s, 2 pair of 1920s 201s (blue/green line) a pair of 1933 501s, 2 pair of 37 201s, a pair of 37 501s and a pair of 47 501s. They were all dry deastock unwashed when new...

Just reading thru posts to get a little up to date.

These 201s were made at the Valencia St factory (San Francisco). The workmanship and denim on these early LVCs is superior to the later LVCs. I also have a couple of pairs of 20s 201s. One made at Valencia St 1999 and the other pair from last year and the earlier 20s 201s are much nicer than the later ones. My favorites are my 37 201s, 20s 201s and 37 501s. The loosest fitting woulkd be the 1901s and the snuggest are my 47 501s.

The 1901s, 1933 501s and 20s 201s all have lighter weight denim 9 & 10 oz than the 37 201s & 501s and my 47 501s.

My 33 501s also had a much lighter color denim that my 37 201s when they were raw.

Thanks for all the welcomes and I'll post some photos of my other LVCs in the future if anyone is interested.

Yeah post as many pics as possible. I am surprised you haven't found this site earlier. Seeing as how it seems you have been in the game so long. You should also check out styleforum, there are some denim experts over there also.

Those '96 201s are from the first LVC range. From one POV they're inaccurate, as they should have a linen patch, and they're not a perfect 201 cut. But apparently Eric Clapton is a real fan and is looking for good examples - if yours are the right size and you ever have a clear out, maybe u can flog him yours for a ridiculous sum...

I love the 201s, too. The nicest looking denim of any LVCs, and beautiful detailing like those black buttons. Only problem is, all I have left is one worn-put pair, a mint, tagged, Valencia-made example, they're so nice I can't bear to wear them.

The denim on the 201, excuse me if you've read me mention this already, is quite green, streaky and slubby - it was used as the model for the denim on the RED jeans that launched the Type 1 style.

Paul yeah one pair of mine are Valencia St. My other pair (were dry/deadstock) is from last years Europe offering and have double needle stitching on the pocket arcuate. I can't believe that they would get that wrong. The ones from Valencia St just ROCK. The greenish kinda blotchy/ streaky denim is just the coolest.

More wear patterns well worn 37 201s....

I think the secret to breaking these dry LVCs in is go as long as you can without rinsing. Then when you do rinse only cold water and air dry.

201soldershowingwear.jpg

201olderwatchpocket.jpg

201olderbackshowingwear.jpg

These are my 2 rinse 37 201s.

01201s2rinse.jpg

Edited by airfrogusmc on May 7, 2006 at 03:05 PM

Wow, quite a collection. Do you wear your jeans rather baggy? The wear marks look great and the depth of color to the jeans is fantastic.

Thanks,

The 201s both the 37s and the 1920s are full in the seat and thigh. They have a buckle so you can snug up the waist. I rarely wear a belt. The fullest cut are my 1901s followed by the 20s 201s then the 33 501s and the 37 201s & 501s are all about the same. The LVCs that are the trimmest are the 1947 501s. My favorites are my 37 201s and my 20s 201s. The denim on the 37 201s is about the best red selvege repro denim I've seen and the green/blue line stuff on the 20s 201s is really cool stuff.

Edited by airfrogusmc on May 7, 2006 at 05:20 PM

Thank you. I was considering getting the new ones even though the back pockets are wrong. But since they changed the denim I´ll stay off. I had the old ones a few years ago but sold them... I still regret that.