rustler rigid regular fit model 87624

mizanation

in the spirit of cheap cheapmuthafukr, i want to pay my tribute to the unsung hero of jeans: the rustler rigid regular fit model 87624.

not to be confused with the lackluster model 87620, this jean has improved heavier denim and they also added a coin pocket.

highlights:

* decent fit

* heavy, tough denim (improved quality)

* deep dark, indigo color. darker than wrangler 13mwz.

* no extraneous logos, markings, or branding

* $11.99 at Kmart in NYC

here are pics:

Picture-008.jpg

Picture-002.jpg

Picture-003.jpg

Picture.jpg

Picture-006.jpg

Picture-012.jpg

Picture-019.jpg

Picture-015.jpg

Picture-018.jpg

Picture-016.jpg

Edited by mizanation on Apr 27, 2006 at 10:24 PM

Quote:

Removing the tags and slapping on tags from an urban brand and selling them out of a reputable location at 30x the original price would be an interesting experiment...

--- Original message by LIVENUDEGIRLS on Apr 27, 2006 11:24 PM

i can think of a clothing company that already does that.... :)

as far as the rivets, you can put them in yourself really easy just have them done. i might do mine now come to think of it.

i've never tried the cheap rivet tool that you use a hammer with. i don't trust it since it's made out of plastic. has it worked for you before?

they sell it at the same place where the lady puts in the rivets. however, the people at the sewing notions store say that you can't put in rivets without either a kick setter or a table top setter (all over $200). buttons and other things you can put in using a hammer.

also, rivets are sold in packs of 100, for $10. i would rather have them set professionally for $7.50 (rivets are included) than screw up with the cheap tool ($6.50) and have a bunch of extra rivets.

again, if there is a way to rivet cheaply, please let me know!

Sweet. I was gonna get a pair since they're so cheap but there was no one at the dressing room area. Also I have this thing about boot cuts and not liking them and they say regular fit boot jean. But judging by your pictures and seeing them in person they don't look boot cut at all.

I might be pointing out the obvious, but I think those canes look 100 times better. Which in my book makes them a better bang for the buck. The Rustlers, though, would be a fun jean for some kids on here that are doing a little experimenting. I was thinking about bying some STFs and dying the weft yarns a yellowish brown, so that when they break in they would appear dirty on the outside.

how do you die the weft yarns yellowish brown without affecting the warp yarns? is it because a lighter dye won't affect yarns already dyed a darker color?

i have another question, would it be possible to take a pair of STFs and "redye" them with a natural indigo? would it be like they were dipped additional times?

btw, i know what you are saying about the canes being a 100 times better. not only do they look better, but the double ring spun yarns feel better than any pair of jeans that i've ever worn. they are definitely my favorite pair right now.

however, i prefer the rustler rigit regular fit over the 13mwz (because of the deeper color) and over STFs (because of heavier weight of denim).

I am not exactly sure about how the die would affect the warp yarns, but I think the color change wouldn't drastically change the color of the warp yarns. I have always wanted to do it, because I like the way the Nudie RRDS has unbleached weft yarns which yield a yellowish hue to the fading process.

Quote:

I am not exactly sure about how the die would affect the warp yarns, but I think the color change wouldn't drastically change the color of the warp yarns. I have always wanted to do it, because I like the way the Nudie RRDS has unbleached weft yarns which yield a yellowish hue to the fading process.

--- Original message by rnrswitch on Apr 30, 2006 05:13 PM

ah, right.

if you do this, please post pics as i am interested myself...

I was kinda thinking of just turning the jeans inside out and brushing dye onto the lap area... a little bit at a time.

• 2 months later...

hey almondcrush,

i haven't been wearing these too much for a couple reasons. 1) every chance i get i'm wearing my cane 47s and 2) the fit is a little loose in the thigh.

you have a good idea in using these for workout wear because they don't have rivets.

i am actually going to remove the zipper and using these for brazilian jiu-jitsu pants. i'm pretty sure that working out in these will produce awesome results.