mizanation

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:

here's my first foray into jean making.

i patterned them after a 501 cut, but they are a little baggy. hopefully, they will shrink after i soak them. i couldn't get any selvage denim, so i got creative with the seams.

myjeans1.jpg

myjeans2.jpg

myjeans3.jpg

myjeans4.jpg

myjeans5.jpg

myjeans6.jpg

myjeans7.jpg

myjeans8.jpg

myjeans9.jpg

myjeans10.jpg

Edited by mizanation on Apr 24, 2006 at 11:30 PM

--- Original message by mizanation on Apr 24, 2006 11:29 PM

Looking good son.....where you learnt to sew??? hit me up ....businessman

`

Given your mother's employment, have you thought about doing pocket lining/other detailing with kimono silk?

I saw a dope pair of girl's jeans a couple years back with the seams bound in pink bird detailed kimono silk...pockets might have been done up as well too...or maybe i just imagined it all...i think it may have been an oki-ni collaboration with either evisu or sai-so (specialize in products made from kimono silk)

QUERTY, THOSE ARE SO COOL, DID YOU MAKE THEM YOURSELF ON A SEWING MACHINE??? OR BY HAND. IVE BEEN TRYING FOR AGES TO GATHER INFORMATION ON HOW TO MAKE MY OWN JEANS BUT I DONT KNOW HOW.

WOULD YOU MIND LETTING ME KNOW HOW YOU GO ABOUT IT??

P.S. I HAVE CAME ACROSS A WEBSITE SELLING ROLLS OF SELVEDGE DENIM, ALL DIFFERENT COLOUS..

IF YOUR INTERESTED LET ME KNOW....

Quote:

Given your mother's employment, have you thought about doing pocket lining/other detailing with kimono silk?

I saw a dope pair of girl's jeans a couple years back with the seams bound in pink bird detailed kimono silk...pockets might have been done up as well too...or maybe i just imagined it all...i think it may have been an oki-ni collaboration with either evisu or sai-so (specialize in products made from kimono silk)

--- Original message by derdankhund on May 17, 2006 11:02 PM

i've thought about it before. kimono silk is a little delicate. chinese embroidered fabric is pretty tough and looks similar (to westerners), so i might use that. i was going to make a hoody with a lining of embroidered chinese fabric, but the weather got better.

http://mizanation.blogspot.com

make em slimmer and ill buy a pair. or maybe i should make some.... i just need to find some good denim and some old levis to make a pattern.

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

Quote:

make em slimmer and ill buy a pair. or maybe i should make some.... i just need to find some good denim and some old levis to make a pattern.

--- Original message by cheapmuthafukr on May 18, 2006 06:58 AM

i just put in an order for some premium selvage denim. the next jeans i am going to make will be low-rise, slim-fit with a straight leg, breaking right at the knee.

cheap mofo, i found out the hard way that it really isn't that easy to make a pair of jeans. but definitely go for it. you're gonna need more than good denim and some old levi's though.

oh... i know... im sure the first couple attempts will be unwearable. but you have to start somewhere.

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

• 3 weeks later...

that's funny that you mention they are too big, because i thought that too. however, i just came back from a long night of partying (puerto rican day festivities) and my jeans were actually a good fit for me. worn with a baggy shirt and a large hoody and jordans, things looked pretty good.

however, the next pair i make will definitely be more fitting as my style has "matured" a lot recently.

• 1 year later...

that reminds me... i made my daughter some jeans last weekend. denim same as tg squiggs... slim leg, one back pocket, button fly, buckleback made from an old grosgrain belt ... kinda rigged up... fucked up the back rise but she wears them and loves them.

id get some pics, but shes moved to south carolina...:( :( :( :( :(