ode to the superfuture of old.

red

ACHTUNG: I'm going to provide a practical solution to this mess here and now.

Problems with superfuture:

Mutt (seriously)

Un- (we let this kid get away with shit we would scalp anyone else for wearing)

Faggotfingers (softball incompatible)

Tiny Face (that's one tiny face)

datastupid (first to be gassed)

And the biggest problem with superfuture is the Rep System. It has openly encouraged a clique mentality that creates social competition and that is simply nauseating. People post FOR rep and not to add any substance to relevant conversation. The shit talking thread and worst waywt (basically the same threads at this point) are probably the last honest bastion of this forum because it addresses the styles critically and sort of disregards the rep system.

If you want to usher substance back into superfuture, get rid of the rep system and openly embrace the critical character assassinations that come along with posting bad fits on waywt. Let the shit talking thread handle people's reputations from now on.

who remembers superfuture back in 2008 or so. when the main topics where mostly about rep, reputation, proppers, and other things to jerk each other off to. and when datasupa was the closest thing to neg rep. and when the discussion of not rep were kept to a minimum.

back then, each thread held lots of potential for rep. now i just skim through most of the threads because most offer no oppurtunity for rep. its gone so far as to where noobs have more rep than me and saturate the forum with useless crap.

oh well. this thread really serves no purpose in the subject of rep. its just to call attention upon the degradation of discussion about me now allow me to go beat off to edmond.

Un- (we let this kid get away with shit we would scalp anyone else for wearing)

You could say the same thing about some of cheeps fits, doesn't change the fact that he carries them well and he's a good contributer. Singling people out for removal when they havn't engaged in what anyone would consider "shitting up" the forum is elitest bullshit.

The shit talking thread and worst waywt (basically the same threads at this point) are probably the last honest bastion of this forum because it addresses the styles critically and sort of disregards the rep system.

These threads are the last bastion of calling people fags in the newly enforced sufu. There is very little decent criticism going on in either and I see good fits in there every day.

Also, they are the site of the worst dogpiling for rep on the whole forum.

Taking this thread seriously basically makes you stupid.

You could say the same thing about some of cheeps fits, doesn't change the fact that he carries them well and he's a good contributer. Singling people out for removal when they havn't engaged in what anyone would consider "shitting up" the forum is elitest bullshit.

These threads are the last bastion of calling people fags in the newly enforced sufu. There is very little decent criticism going on in either and I see good fits in there every day.

Also, they are the site of the worst dogpiling for rep on the whole forum.

Taking this thread seriously basically makes you stupid.

wah wah. tel l it to your frat mom. I've never called for anyone's "removal." I don't know where you got that idea from. Don't put words into my mouth. Banning is for crybabies. I like having idiot morons around to pick at so that second-degree suckies don't have to be the lowest rung.

And as far as elitism goes, elitism is the cornerstone of fashion. You wouldn't be here if you didn't strive to be somewhat esoteric in your appearance. Acknowledge the beast for what it is.

PS-

"newly enforced sufu" -- ?????????

Well, I have no fucking clue as to what you're blathering about here. If sufu is being enforced or WHATEVER, I hope that Servo turns it into a police state, rounds up all the gypsies, and throws them into the deepest hole in poland. K?

"Worst dogpiling on the whole forum" -- I believe that would be the waywt thread. Also, you obviously pay a lot of attention to the shit talking thread for somebody who tries to appear unaffected by what we have to say. Yeah, we're the bottom feeders. We pick. Deal with it or don't look.

i miss late 06 early 07

when kix/sidney/moy/hap/others posted in waywt frequently. nowadays its rare to find a page full of great wearable stuff. that's when i first started posting very much and maybe that just adds to the nostalgia. let me take a step away from supreme/obey + jeans + airmax all the time and a little towards more minimal clean stuff. alot of great posters stopped or slowed their posting and it shoes in a decline in WAYWT quality. WAYWT is like a graph of the forums health. check out pages 600 or so of WAYWT chat and comparing to any of recent days pages. shit doesn't compare.

I'm back... Back from the future!

I think getting rid of the rep thing is an interesting idea. And not just because I love it. But because it really does make people post things in order to achieve rep. Maybe make it ONLY positive or ONLY negative...

• 7 months later...