INCEPTION (spoilers)

phen3N

i could discuss this movie for days and im sure you all could too. the concept of inception and extraction, the dreamlike nature of the movie itself, the constant allusions to dante's inferno... lets analyze this shit

first order of business: were those raf x eastpak jawns in the snow level??

Nah man I'm sure they were some hardcore field military shit that is Milspex approved.

Ken Watanabe must have the only asian accent that actually sounds super classy.

That scene where the van was rolling down the hill and Arthur was fighting the guards....the logistics of filming and cutting that scene blows my mind.

edit: the only thing that kept nagging at me was it felt like they should have experienced the "kick" constantly with all the knocking around in every level of the final sequence.

That scene where the van was rolling down the hill and Arthur was fighting the guards....the logistics of filming and cutting that scene blows my mind.

This.

I just got back from the movie, and I have to say this is one of my favorite films in a while, and the "kick" thing i wondered about too. I thought there might be some flaw in it with all of them knocking around and stuff but when I think back none of them truly had a "falling" reflex during the time especially with the free falling aspects of some of the dreams... maybe I'll just watch it again lol

the only nitpicky problem i had was how the audience was asked to believe how many bullets were dodged by the heroes. i was also disappointed only one impossible object was used, i thought there would be more.

word up to names:

ariadne - goddess of labyrinth

but that was an obvious one. anyone know what is up with the other name choices?

it was all a dream....

i used to read Word-Up magazine.

i am totally corny and said that line at the end of the movie to my gf :o

ahhhh

fucking cobb, and that unreliable narrator shit

ahhhh :(

i was reallly dizzy when i left the theater, kinda mindfucked

shoulda played "juicy" durin the end credits lol

lol, watched it in newport beach theatre california. korny waspy white girls ahoy

ITS ALL A DREAM (is it?) concept – great movie all around tho

some seriously awesome scenes:

slo mo bathtub immersion

entire snow fortress scene

ariadne's exploding paris street

btw, if anybody watched hard candy – yep, that's ellen page too. MIND BLOWN

also please start ellen page appreciation threak thx

can u resist a kick? why didn't levitt wake up when the van fell off the bridge?

I'm not too sure if i'm right but weren't they in another dream at the time? Cause I remember when Arthur said they missed the first kick of hitting the car on the bridge guard rails, so he had to bring everyone to the elevator and set the c4 there.

Any theories on the ending with the spinning totem?

This may be a silly question... but a friend brought up how the van falling meant that the gravity was affected in the deeper level (hotel), but if it was affected in the hotel dream, why wasn't the gravity affected in the deeper dreams while the members were all floating...

i'm a bit confused about that as well, because i thought kicks were initiated by the "falling" sensation. why was the van hitting the railing supposed to be a kick? and why did the van's falling not kick levitt back up from the hotel room dream to the van dream?omGGGGG

it's confusing cause nolan and the movie never explains fully what constitutes a "kick" from a "non-kick(?)"

but what I remember from watching it is that the kick from the van wasn't the actual falling from the bridge but them hitting the water was the "kick". plus, going lower into further levels I think is suppose to prevent you from waking up i.e. skipping levels from 4-2, it has to be done in a sequence.

i dunno, thats my 2 cents. :cool:

I saw it a second time and had some thoughts about it. If i had to pick, i would say that they were sleeping the whole time. And he was either in his head or Mal's. Cobb and Mal were going deep into dream layers and to be stuck there for 50 years must have meant they were a couple layers down. So did they wake up from all the layers? Would this mean that they were in Mal's head the whole time? It would disprove the totem thing because the totem was originally Mal's. And she had a point when she told him he was dreaming because of the people that chase him. And they never really show him in public ever besides in Mombassa, and even then they were all staring at him. Then we never see them travel, they always just appear in the scenes they are in.

And maybe inception was done on cobb into thinking that his world was real?

Anyone find out what Arthur's job was? Cobb was the extractor, Eames the forger, Ariadne the architect, Yusuf was the alchemist (? he made the sedative) Arthur was just another extractor too? Because Cobb referred to him as being "the best at his job". And Cobb kept referring to himself as "the best extractor... so i dunno.

Also anyone notice how when Cobb and Mal killed themselves via train they were young? But they said they "grew old together" inside the dream world... and Cobb says that when they woke up, the shock from going from a old body to youth messed them up...

Well all I remember about Arthur's particular job was when Cobb was screaming at Arthur when they got into the first level.

Something about not doing his job, part of which was apparently finding out/knowing that Fischer had been trained by another extractor...so my guess is that his duties are part "extracting" and the casework before hand..maybe the equivalent to the paperwork and staking out of extraction haha

And maybe inception was done on cobb into thinking that his world was real?

ding ding ding!

too much evidence to deny this conclusion

and the most important part was the end... the top spinning was a misdirection: you were too busy paying attention to the top to realize that cobb wasn't paying attention to it, for the first time. he doesn't care anymore. he is happy. the whole thing was masterful inception to help cobb overcome his guilt.

i walked out of the movie at 3am and onto the top floor of an 8-story megamall in indonesia in order to leave the building, everything empty and the view down below nothing but a maze of elevators and walkways. straight up mc escher concept from the movie. was mindfucked.