Japanese '50s Cut Repros

ONI used to have a baggy 'red' cut, I'm not sure if it's still available, however the blue cut is still fairly loose and falls within the 50s repro umbrella. BiG has them in different weights but I'm sure you already knew that!

There was a Lightning magazine, that featured many many 50 repro cuts. It was No. 210 : http://www.sideriver.../2011-0830.html

Best thing: they have a cobweb diagram that judges, how much these cuts meet the 50s criteria (but I don't understand one single word, unfortunately). The optical impression was still helpful, though.

Edited by Max Power

Which model is the 288 Hogg, the 20oz secret denim? They look great and are available at a very good price on Rakuten.

I must say that I like the ONI patch, but each to their own.

What's happening with those Fobs by the way?

Edited by Maynard Friedman

FOB F191 = 23,100 yen

Shipping form Japan = 3,250 yen

Customs Duty = £19.46

Import VAT = £36.32

Clearance Fee = £13.50

I really, really don't want to know the damage. It's been pushed to a dark corner of my mind to be forgotten about! :(

Just checking - did they mark the value as less than $40 or the yen equivalent?

Sorry to raise this so soon after you blanked it out !

I know this doesn't really belong here but I don't want to start a new thread called "Which jeans for Hoggy" or something similar, however, you clearly need denim assistance. I'd PM you but it's very helpful to have other members' suggestions too.

Anyway, my recommendations for you (someone I've never met or seen) based on some of your comments and self-description. You'd like a higher-waisted cut e.g. 50s but without the fullness in the thighs. These may be suitable and are my starter for 10:

Warehouse 800/1000xx

Eternal 811

Fullcount 1101

Sugar Cane Okinawa/Hawaii

LVC 44/66

I was considering a personal "proxy" service for Hogs where he orders his new jeans direct from me, I cut out the middle man by informing him that they wont fit (via email) I can let him down gently.

He sends me £250 for the jeans, I sell the jeans on his behalf then refund him £150 (all part of the service) minus my 8% of course.

Im going to call the new venture Hogs Denim Ponzi.