Real Japan Blue 105BPS World Tour

setterman

This is the start of the Real Japan Blues 105BPS World Tour. Jeans were purchased from Self Edge in San Francisco (thank you for your help, support, and donation Kiya). They are a size 38, and in their raw state measured as follows:

Waist, 40"

Inseam, 38"

Thigh, 13.5"

Leg Opening, 10"

Front Rise, 11.5"

Rear Rise, 15"

Raw fit pix. I'm 6" tall and weight 240lbs. I've got short legs (30" inseam) so in their raw state the RJB's are sporting a massive double cuff.

DSC00138.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

These jeans have since been given a short soak while worn, were worn briefly while drying, and are now hanging out in the sun, drying the rest of the way. Once dry, further fit pix will be posted. Glad I wore these while soaking, rather than throwing them in the washing machine, they shrunk up pretty good.

Current list of tour participants:

Setterman (July/August)

Morse9443 (September)

Spaghetti (October)

Marvelous1200 (November)

PandaXS (December)

superbeveridge (January)

Smittybat (Feb)

Denim Sailor (March)

aso2004 (April)

Raspberries (May)

BLM14

Jyoni

Ethandesu

FACE

I look slim?! I'm fortunate that my weight is spread out pretty evenly across my body, but I'm a good 20 to 30 lbs overweight.

Hanging in the sun this afternoon the 90+ degree heat dried them (except for the lined pockets) in a little over two hours. My brief soak didn't shrink these a helluva lot, but they're as small as I'd want to go. Waist is still pretty close to 40" (which is good because they sit very low on my hips), front rise is 11", thigh is 13", and inseam is 35.5". The rise almost makes them unwearable for me, but other than that I'm pretty happy with the trimmer (compared to what I have been wearing) straight fit.

Will start wearing them, get some fit pix, and start the tour of north western Pennsylvania, tomorrow.

Haven't had a chance to take any picture of my hometown. I'm in NW PA, and live out in the country, about six miles away from the small town of Saegertown (pronounced Say-ger-town). Saegertown has a population of around 1000 people. It's one of many small, one stop light towns along Route 19, which before the interstate system was the way between Erie and Pittsburgh. Saegertown great claim to fame is the being the home town of Sharon Stone. I don't know if that's something to be really proud of though! So, no pix of town yet, but here's a couple of home.

DSC00144.jpg

view north of the house is corn fields, woods, and dirt road. It' nice having your neighbors anywhere from 200 yards, to nearly a 1/4 mile away.

DSC00146.jpg

Last night I went to see a friend's band play at the Historic Riverside Inn, in Cambridge Springs. Cambridge (and Saegertown) were both booming places in the late 1800s thanks to their natural springs, and the belief that their waters were healing. The Riverside Inn was built in 1885, and still serves as a hotel today. I believe Saegertown's even bigger, better, and more beautiful hotel burnt down before WWII.

Couple different views of the Inn. Tough to get clear shots of the place with all the trees around.

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00149.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

Had a quick bite to eat at the Inn's bar before the band started up. Dinner and the bar were nothing special, but there was this neat vintage cigarette machine in the corner.

DSC00157.jpg

After dinner I relaxed on the porch having a Camel, and my favorite drink... white Romana Sambuca, on the rocks.

DSC00158.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

Only took one decent picture of the band. Was too busy dancing and trying to socialize with a certain lady to take pictures.

DSC00163.jpg

After a late night last night, the alarm went off at 7AM to get the Setter to the trainer's by 8AM. He was not very happy about having to ride in his crate, rather than just hopping in the back seat like usual.

DSC00170.jpg

But once in the field his mood improved.

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

After a lay off for the past seven months, he did a lot better than I expected. But we're really going to have to spend the next three months getting him confident in himself, and his nose while on point. There was a very young English Pointer bitch that the trainer brought along to get her first exposure to the pigeons. She did great, and I was very impressed with her. Couldn't, and didn't want to get too close to take a picture, but caught a little of her head and that tail sticking straight up.

DSC00175.jpg

Even though it was early in the morning, and still very damp out, the short time in the field left the Setter whipped, and the last I saw of him he was passed out on the kitchen floor. Need to get his hair chopped off and get him ready to deal with the next three months of training in the heat.

DSC00174.jpg

that's it for now.

For the record, jeans should never be worn while being soaked.

The best way to go about it is to soak the jean in hot water for 45 minutes then allow it to fully air dry before putting it on.

You should never ever crop or shave or whatsoever a setters coat. The skin is way too light and he can get seriously sun burnt - not kidding..plus the fur also serves your dog as protection from the heat.

Always bring a bottle of water to cool him down - just apply on head, paws and belly.....

Sorry for the lack of updates. Gonna try and get in as much as I can the next two weeks, and then I don't think I'll be able to keep going into August. BLM, if you wanna take next month, I can assign it to you.

The best way to go about it is to soak the jean in hot water for 45 minutes then allow it to fully air dry before putting it on.

Hey Kiya, this is the first time I've heard this, although I have no reason to doubt your word. Why exactly? What if your jeans are a touch too small and you're trying to stretch them out to fit better?

Hahaha no way, I already have taken july. I want them at the end :)

I've gotten a couple more requests that I haven't added to the list, so you're not going to be last in line.

Weather has turned to shit, but I'm going to try and get my ass in gear on this thing. The Flagship Niagara is back in port in Erie. I guess half the crew came down with some sort of illness and they cut their cruise short. So, even though though it's a bit cloudy and dreary (but it looks like it's going to be that way the rest of the month anyways) I'm going to take this afternoon off and hit the Maritime Musuem, the Niagara, Erie's bay front, and maybe make it over the penninsula. If the rain holds off I'm hoping to hit the Erie Seawolves ballgame tomorrow night. I'll try to video record dog training on Wednesday, I've got a league trap shoot on Thursday, and then a combination trap/skeet shoot on Sunday. Going to try to take a few pictures of some of the interesting buildings in my little home town this morning.

Couldn't agree more. I will never, ever try this again. Your combs will be so unnatural, heaven forbid you get a good amount of wear on them before a wash.

setterman, can you post some pics of this concept of extra denim inside the pockets? Also, any of the remaining months will do even though it will be hot here. I'll just forewarn the other guys, if I don't get the final leg, I'll have to wash em. If I'm busy they'll get super nasty.

setterman, can you post some pics of this concept of extra denim inside the pockets? Also, any of the remaining months will do even though it will be hot here. I'll just forewarn the other guys, if I don't get the final leg, I'll have to wash em. If I'm busy they'll get super nasty.

Will work on pix of the pocket details this evening.

Well, last night's plans got changed. Wound up going to see the Erie Seawolves (Detriot Tigers AA Minor League Team) play last night rather than tonight. Went up to Erie a little bit early with the bright idea of going up in the Bicentennial Tower to take some photos of the city from up there.

DSC00205.jpg

Once up there I realized the viewing area was pretty open, and my tremendous fear of heights kicked in. As you'll see in some of the photos, I didn't go anywhere near the railing! And my pix where a bit hurried and not really thought out, as all I wanted to do was get the hell outta there!

This is the view south, down State Street.

DSC00187.jpg

The Erie Maritime Musuem, Erie County Library, and the Flagship Niagara. I'd intended to get some close up photos of the Niagara and the inside of the museum, but will have to save that for the weekend.

DSC00185.jpg

Erie's bayfront, our wonderful convention center (which we needed like a hole in the head), and Presque Isle penninsula off to top and right.

DSC00192.jpg