My name is Electrum and I used to like LVC but now I don't really like it anymore...

electrum

Okay roy6, I understand that LVC has some great stuff out there that I haven't seen and there's no doubt that most LVC selvage denim is high quality. However, you're not saying anything new that provides any proof that my bad costly experiences with LVC jeans are as you said, "not true". Yeah I'm sure the leather on your jacket is top rate, but everything you posted is subjective and does not say anything about what exactly makes these garments worth the high price. High quality leather jackets are over 50% chepaer than they were twenty+ yrs ago because labor is cheaper, distribution chains are more efficient and cost less, materials are more common and cheaper in a more competitive globalized market and that holds true for quality selvage denim and other "high end" clothing materials. That's what I'm getting at, vintage brands are utilizing the advantages of a very efficient and competitive globalized market place to produce garments at a very low cost, marketing them as something special then marking them up 100-200%. You say that is not true, but you cannot offer any evidence other than that you think it's great stuff that's worth the high price. You should do your home work before you try to prove that someone is a liar otherwise you'll look foolish again.

BTW, I do not have fantasies about beating you. I was figuratively saying someone needs to kick your ass until you learn that this board is not all about you or any one person -- it's about everyone. When you go around calling people liars, broken records and martyrs because you disagree with what they say then that kinda makes you appear like you think you're the only person here which ain't too cool.

(Just to preserve Electrum's talking about his S&M fantasies about me before he deletes it.)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the mods created it, so they're not going to lock it, are they?

It's like all of the earth inhabitants got pissed off because the weather was occasionally bad, so they all moved to the moon. It has a kind of stark grandeur, all of its own.

We also didn't discuss one logical conundrum. Electrum is working on an ELectrumXAsianTaylor collab. But his friend, who piped up in support of him, wanted to kill anyone east of Java. So where will that collab go? Will they have a moon-exile split, and divide up every crater and heap of rocks??

its like a TV show released on dvd. I enjoy all of the episodes back to back, no commercials, until i fall asleep from watching the whole season in one sitting. now i can laugh at this without sifting through dozens of pages of LVC thread. thank you superdenim.

Hey all, lets slow down with the comedy. There's good discussion in here and some really solid posts... I'd hate to see this thread trashed with .gifs and one liners.

I vote that this thread gets stickied so that Electrum can contribute whenever he wants, and keep us posted about how his vintage fashion takeover goes.

^ see, heres the thing, this isn't something that happened just "5 posts ago". Electrum has 230 posts, so in effect it happened 230 posts ago

so wtf happened? is this thread constructed of little pieces of other threads?

^yep thats exactly what this thread is..Im guessing a mod sifted through the LVC thread and pretty much pieced this comedic bin for our pleasure. and to keep the LVC thread free of bullshit. Reading this saves you hours of sifting through the LVC thread

I can't belive he got away with insulting Paul without getting his ass banned?!

That's like trying to pick a fight with buddha for christs sake (two deities in one sentence equals win!)

Thanks for this but I reserve the right to be wrong, and there are experts who know far more than me. Not that electrum hasn't insulted them, too.