Started pinhole photography today at college.

Heres a still life tester sheet:

4 minute exposure then processed in the dark room (still getting used to using those)

It coulda done with about 8 minutes or a lil more light to bring out some more detail.

Ill be taking some landscapes on tuesday, maybe some portraits if i can find some steady people haha.

+

2907645328_605d15a137_o.jpg

Doesn't somebody have to be spelling that with a lightstick or sth? How come the person doesn't show up?

i was the one who wrote that then layed down and captured me.

depending on how long the shutter is open for you can get away with not seeing anyone in the picture.

say if you use a 1''2 shutter you will jus catch them moving but be blurred.

if its something longer like 20'' (seconds) aslong as that person isnt stood still for too long the image wont be picked up

and you will be left with a still image :)

i hope that made sense, i havent had to talk about techniques for ages now hahah

thats the basics btw, theres alot more to it if you dont want to bleed the image out with to much light / or not let enough light in.

the images from Nachtwey's TED project drop tomorrow (3-Oct).

ever since watching his TED acceptance speech, i've been curious as to what issue he chose to bring to light. i guess we'll find out. there will be displays of his images all over the world (antarctica even!) starting tomorrow in NYC.

hopefully, this will get some play in the media amidst the post-debate spin and all of the talk about the economic crisis.

lol thanks :)

i feel like i should shoot more shitty film/cameras haha just to see if i can duplicate that crazy vignetting and bad color