chadm, you don't seess to amaze me. the colors, sharpness everything is spot on.

i'd rep you all day if it didn't keep telling i must spread it around before repping you again.

do you have a site, flickr, blog?

Thanks!!! I actually don't have any of those right now haha, but I'm working on a site right now so I'll let you guys know when it's done!

Ok, so without the bump:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

If you dont get it, thats fine. Its not degrading the value of the shots at all, the concept is for an exhibition + something that actually has to do with fashion, hence posting the pics here. I figured id drop them randomly to get some feedback but no one seems to understand. Maybe thats a good thing. Anyway enjoy the pics.

great shots. Some shots a tiny bit overexposed. The blurred out figure of the man running in the last photo, while there is smoke on the ground is fantastic, but the composition might have been better if we could have seen a little more of the scene (probably couldn't cuz of all the action happening. Pretty great powerful stuff.

got some film back..

2694036918_89cb1af496.jpg

Been looking forward to seeing this since you posted the digital version....looks great. Where do you get your film processed/scanned?

I get my film processed at a local lab near where I am (Boston, MA), normally takes about a day and the prices are reasonably cheap compared to other places.

I do all the scanning myself, I use a Canoscan 8400f, there have been some things going wrong with it lately though..blowing out highlights when there is clearly detail in the slide, etc.

Glad you like it!

I get my film processed at a local lab near where I am (Boston, MA), normally takes about a day and the prices are reasonably cheap compared to other places.

I do all the scanning myself, I use a Canoscan 8400f, there have been some things going wrong with it lately though..blowing out highlights when there is clearly detail in the slide, etc.

Glad you like it!

do u mind posting the digital version of the skate shot again?

what technology you use jeep ?

cause when i see this shots it doesn't look like technology could improve it, they're great shots.

well, I started on film photography a while ago and only recently got a DSLR (Nikon D40x, use my 55-200 over my 18-35 more and more these days), so I still use the mentality that comes from film - make the shot count even before editing. The one good thing with digital is I can retake the same picture a ton of times and pick the one I like the most, even if it is unedited, and go with it. Film doesn't offer the same freedom..

I think the "film mentality" ain't a bad one at all, because taking a shitty pics and editing it afterwards tring to make it look good is so... not called photography.

But i'm kinda feeling you for the d40x, every people tend to feel like they need to upgrade when they start getting really into phot. and since you're not a newbie, you deserve some finer gear.

but well... at the end, it's the photo that is important, not the gear that took it...