SuperSoda - Appreciation of all things carbonated

JL77

Someone mentioned Dublin Dr. Pepper on the previous page... a buddy recently brought a can by for me to try out, and I enjoyed it. I wouldn't call myself someone who is heavy into sodas (I enjoy them) but I found the Imperial cane sugar definitely made for a smooth taste. I kinda want to order a case now.

dublindrpepper_1-500x333.jpg

dublindrpepper_2-500x333.jpg

that DP looks pretty good.

Had this Bulldog root beer with dinner the other night. A little heavy on the vanilla flavor if I remember correctly. Not one of my favorites so far.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTgtMjAxMDA2MTctMjAxN.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Sidral Mundet is my jam. Any of your soda freaks, if you have't tried this you should seek it out asap. It's the perfect apple soda.

just grabbed one of these since they were next to the Jarritos and 79 cents.

I'm now a believer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

^I tried Inca Kola for the first time just a little while back. Smelled like a strong bubblegum/cotton candy flavor, but the flavor was quite lighter in contrast - reminded me a lot of the original Japanese Ramune flavor.

incakola.png

Checked out a local BevMo for a quick run with one of my buddies. Turns out they have a pretty decent soda selection.

Largest selection my we've seen so far. We need a trip to Galco's.

soda1.png

Root beer pickups

soda3.png

soda2.png

A couple ones whose concept I have yet to try

soda4.png

I drink quite a bit of root beer and haven't come across many that have honey. I'd suggest Sioux City, Americana, Stewarts and I'm pretty sure none of them have honey.

As for Virgil's, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's available in quite a few places, isn't too sweet, and has a pretty clean taste with a nice sharp bite. I'd definitely class it as a cut above the average brew.

Bought one of those SodaStream machines that carbonates still water. I thought it was a good idea... and so I drank like 2 liters worth the first day I got it. There was no warning on the packaging to say that it would give you violent flatulence and unhinge everything inside you like a roto rooter. :o

Manhattan Special is the best soft drink i've tasted in years, Johan bought me my first bottle and i had to go to BevMo the next day and buy more.

• 5 weeks later...

What you meant to say is that they're now cluttering up the back room of SELA.

^I've been meaning to try that spot. "All About the Bread" on Melrose and La Brea has a small but decent selection of sodas and make solid sandwiches.

All about the bread sandwhiches are money.

Im a huge fan of cream soda, whenever I see a new brand I try it...

Anyone have a recommendation of a great one? I guess you can't really mess up cream soda, or stray too far from what a cream soda should be (except jones, cant stand jones cream soda), but I'm sure you soda fiends can point me to something special.

Been going to Galco's for years. This is where I put the stash. Low right minus the cases of Coke I snag at CostCo.

photo2kl.jpg

Express chill bin is handy and always stocked:

photo4k.jpg

Have this maple cream waiting to hit my stomach sometime in the future:

photo1dc.jpg

Haven't seen anyone mention Judge Wapner root beer. Don't think Galco's has it there days but RocketFizz is on it. Good stuff plus amusing.

photovnw.jpg

• 4 weeks later...