ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bodyslam - nice.

jacoblue - how are you washing yours? is the color in your pics true to life? i only ask because the lower legs on mine are almost as dark as when they were new... the only fading is where there's abrasion. but yours are pretty faded all over... they look great, by the way!

Nice color bodyslam, i like the boots!

Here is a picture of my dark and beat up patch, vy13wn.jpg

Maybe the color is more accurate in this picture, i'm sorry but i'm no photograph so i dont know how to capture the tru color but i think the pictures represent it quite good.

Tallyho: I wash my jeans usually once a month if i remember but not more often then that. I turn them inside out so that i wont get stripes and i wash them in the washer without any washing powder and on slow roll with 40 C degrees. Then I let them hang dry. The first 4 months I didnt wash them at all and then soaked them the first time in cold water so that i could keep some honeycombs.

Also the fit is really tight on me and i have quite big thighs and calfs so maybe i get some abrassion from there also so that the jeans are more faded all over.

Here is a picture of the chambrey pockets wich also has faded very nicely ocer the past year :)

256445t.jpg

I read through a lot of this thread, but I still need to ask: other than the longer inseam, are the 811BG any different than the regular 811? I apologize if this has been answered before.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by An Oxymoron, April 23, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by An Oxymoron, April 23, 2012 - No reason given

Too late for the contest, but figured I'd post my fit anyway...

gKhRs.png

Edited by An Oxymoron
  • 2 weeks later...

is it me or is this happening to other guys here as well..

it seems that my jeans got into a stale state.. I don't see much more fading for the past 4 months aside from the growing rips, tears and holes

yeah, i think mine have reached a wall too, haha

but i've washed mine at least 6 times and they're

still bleeding like crazy

my crotch is destroyed and I have so many holes everywhere, going to wash and post pics

and then i'll prob send them to SE for a repair <_<

same here, i am not wearing them that much anymore because i dont get to wear jeans on the weekdays now. relegated them to weekend status. a lot of crotch rips here and there because of some weight gained. i still like them a lot though. if anything, they've remained very dark below the knees.

is it me or is this happening to other guys here as well..

it seems that my jeans got into a stale state.. I don't see much more fading for the past 4 months aside from the growing rips, tears and holes

thought it was just me and ive been washing em every week for the past 2months.

jacoblue your pair looks amazing hopefully mine will look like that in a couple months

^IMO, once the jeans reach its "prime" [ie, peak of contrast, etc.], it's a slow, steady disintegration. changes will be sublime until it hits the next stage__ closer to grail.

combs like that always are suspicious to me...

those combs dont even match up with the lap / whisker fades...

i know what you mean__ combs seemed too clean/defined & symmetric, but 2-dimensional/flat overall.

it's common knowledge [at least to those who'd handled raw a few times] that as you wear & soak/wash [periodically], the legs slowly twist [ie, to the right for rht] which in effect cause [some] of the old creases fall off track.... thereby, forming a new comb system. from personal experience, i usually get nicer set of combs on my left leg than the right__ on rhts.

IMO, the only possible way to get a pair of symmetric, single-set honeycombs is, if you wear them raw from the getgo & kept them dry.

Edited by BrownMetallic

• 2 weeks later...