skateboarding saved my life

attempted a game of skate yesterday after not being on a deck for prolly 5 years. i could hardly kflip anymore... :(

same here, except it's probably been around 10 years for me. took me a couple of hours to land a kickflip again, but i was stoked. still can't ollie smoothly, it's like back in the day when you first got the hang of what your legs/feet needed to do, and you pop up off the ground all of 6 inches, and wobble back down to the ground.

attempted a game of skate yesterday after not being on a deck for prolly 5 years. i could hardly kflip anymore... :(

same here, except it's probably been around 10 years for me. took me a couple of hours to land a kickflip again, but i was stoked. still can't ollie smoothly, it's like back in the day when you first got the hang of what your legs/feet needed to do, and you pop up off the ground all of 6 inches, and wobble back down to the ground.

damn, just discovered this thread.

My cousin is studying digital filmmaking at the art institute of california....here's a couple of his skate videos i'd like to share:

damn, just discovered this thread.

My cousin is studying digital filmmaking at the art institute of california....here's a couple of his skate videos i'd like to share:

aThere were a number of challenges, the ones that came closer to the deadline stand out the most just because of the level of stress. Jerry Hsu's constant knee/ankle injuries and what direction to take his part in was a pretty heavy one. Jerry went through hell to film that part, He got ankle surgery and two or three knee surgeries. He skated switch because he didn't have the strength in his knee to skate regular. That's how good Jerry is; he filmed an amazing part on a bad knee going the wrong way.

"There were a number of challenges, the ones that came closer to the deadline stand out the most just because of the level of stress. Jerry Hsu's constant knee/ankle injuries and what direction to take his part in was a pretty heavy one. Jerry went through hell to film that part, He got ankle surgery and two or three knee surgeries. He skated switch because he didn't have the strength in his knee to skate regular. That's how good Jerry is; he filmed an amazing part on a bad knee going the wrong way."

DAMN!

I was wondering what's going on in his part, I mean it was oook but he used to be way better, explains a lot.

Thx for the info!

I was wondering what's going on in his part, I mean it was oook but he used to be way better, explains a lot.

Thx for the info!

Nah you know something was up as soon as you finished watching it. You knew it was all switch and it was some kind of statement part. And that statement is even broken Hsu skates better n' with more style than any of us. ha.

Those slams in the b-side are fuckin painful to watch... the way he just flails in the air is nerve wracking. I don't think I could handle watching him skate in real life. He seriously hits his head more than anyone out there.