Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

Unfortunately, I have lucked out with Deluxeware. I have tried a tee, a chambray, and a sweatshirt. I can get them on, but can barely move in them. Honestly, they are a size or 2 away from being my exclusive provider of shirts. All the creativity and selection that you see with Flat Head or Samurai, but without the biker/hot rod aesthetic.

Off topic (Not even a sweat Q) but.. I am trying to cop some Barns long sleeve T,s http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/headfoot/item/10013151/?s-id=borderless_browsehist_02_en

Nice details on these,

br-4114-003.jpg

No joy with Rakuten, Headfoot are out of stock and Vari. Does anyone know anymore Barns retailers?

No point posting this in "Small Questions"

I know its poor etiquette to do this, but i'm selling a Leftfield sweat & a nice old Duffer St George sweat on the Bay if anyones interested...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330913417859?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330913430830?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I havn't seen that Barns shirt, but it looks nice. You can order directly through Barns if they have what you want in stock. Their Rakuten shop is called Barns-Ruelle, or you can contact them directly. I don't think they are set up as international in Rakuten, but they have shipped to me several times. Earthmarket carries a lot as well. I think Barns is one of the best bangs for the buck. Nothing luxurious. Just solid basics, with lots of Union Special flat seams, and lots of colors.

• 3 weeks later...

A comparison of fits both size small and post wash...

Joe McCoy's grey 

8754357140_59ca5be6c1.jpg

Strike Gold Oatmeal

8754356730_ed8aab7aca.jpg

The Strike Gold shrunk enormously after the first wash, especially in the length of the body (good thing I'm small as a motherfucker...). The Strike Gold is far more plush and I prefer it, however the Joe McCoy has seen an accidental tumble dry once and that could account for some of the softness on the inside being lost (though from memory, I don't remember it ever being as nice as the Strike Gold).

Edited by afrocod

Both fits look extremely good, I like the length of the strike gold in the body but the sleeves look a little long in comparison.

Thank you sir... yeah I was very surprised by the extent of the body shrinking, I wish I had taken a before shot because you wouldn't believe how the dimensions collapsed (I hand-washed it but maybe the water was too hot). I've gotten used to the different proportions now and I love it. If SG made one in grey I'd sell the Joe and buy the Gold.

No joy with Rakuten, Headfoot are out of stock and Vari. Does anyone know anymore Barns retailers?No point posting this in "Small Questions"

I believe Barns have a Facebook page - might be worth searching for that...

• 2 weeks later...

I picked this up on ebay very recently and I don't really think it's working for me. The wide-ish neckline coupled with my scrawny neck & small head is making me look like a turtle.

I don't want to look like a turtle smiley11.gif

Very nice medium weight loopwheeled cotton.

Japanese size large/rest of the world Medium

Pit to pit- 23"
Shoulder to hem: 23.5"

Looking to get back near enough what I paid, so £70 plus postage

1eq3ps.jpg

2q9yic9.jpg

vf42w.jpg

3483hi1.jpg

Edited by Mr Black

• 1 month later...

A comparison of fits both size small and post wash...

Joe McCoy's grey 

8754357140_59ca5be6c1_z.jpg

Strike Gold Oatmeal

8754356730_ed8aab7aca_z.jpg

The Strike Gold shrunk enormously after the first wash, especially in the length of the body (good thing I'm small as a motherfucker...). The Strike Gold is far more plush and I prefer it, however the Joe McCoy has seen an accidental tumble dry once and that could account for some of the softness on the inside being lost (though from memory, I don't remember it ever being as nice as the Strike Gold).

Can you please provide a bit more info on the shrinkage.  Such as the length of shrinkage in cm.  I am keen on getting The Strike Gold sweat.  Thanks

Edited by BlackPig

I would highly consider sizing up at least one on the SG sweats, they are beautiful but unless you are a pathetic 5'.3" like myself TT will only leave you in a bad mood. 

For reference I've had the pleasure of owning my SG hoodie for about 6 months now, and although the weave has tightened up I did not have much initial shrink in length. I stretched it when damp so that might help explain that. I have washed it several times since then and the length has shrunken roughly an inch in torso's length and .5 in the shoulders and chest "diameter". I suspect had I simply tossed it in the wash from the get go I would have seen significant more shrink. 

I had a Buzz sweat in the same size (small) and it fit closer to true even baggy in some parts, have had a Real McCoy pullover from 11' and that was on the larger side in a size small, less your average Japanese sizing closer to EU and dare I say US sizing. But then again I'm a small dude so my experience won't apply as neatly to others.

I do have a fairly built lower and upper body though so in terms of "fit" I would say this is relevant. My size small SG hoodie has stretched enough to to wear it hugs my arms and shoulders without constricting or looking like a trendy, beard having, coffee shop hopping... well I'll spare you the imagery.

I wouldn't even say it is slim since the thick fabric gives a somewhat blocky, boxyish aesthetic which I personally find to be perfect. 

My measurements as of right now.

Chest- 38.5

Shoulders- 17

Arms diameter: 12.5

Waist- 29.4

hope this helps 

^ Thanks for that info.  My stats are very similar to yours and I am considering the Whitesville sweat in a small size.  

Slightly off topic I considered buying your FH 3002 but realised I have too many pair of jeans and recently copped a pair of F380.

Edited by BlackPig

^ Thanks for that info.  My stats are very similar to yours and I am considering the Whitesville sweat in a small size.  

Slightly off topic I considered buying your FH 3002 but realised I have too many pair of jeans and recently copped a pair of F380.

Well they are still up should you change your mind! :D I might keep them in the back drawer if no one picks them up.

I have nly handled Deluxe, McCoy, Buzz, and SG thus far so I can't comment on the Whites, but from what I have read there sizes don't run too small. So sizing true would probably be the way to go, still I would check with the guys here first.

I tried ordering a cardigan from the Loopwheeler sight some months back but my order was cancelled unexpectedly, think stock was low or something to that effect. Really want to try a pullover of theirs. 

Edited by Rightyow77

I just pulled the trigger on the Whitesillve sweat from Vari.  Looking forward to the delivery.

If only you made the 3002 available 4 weeks ago - I would have bought it off you for sure.  Anyway good luck with the sale.

You know it's not going to last over here. This time next month you'll be pulling out your winter gear again ;)

This doesn;t help you much, but I recently bought a McCoys Ballpark sweat off ebay. Nice & lightweight for those balmy evenings we have to endure over here.

$T2eC16F,!yEE9s5jDWL9BRsVkYOv7Q~~60_57.J

Does anyone have any experience with Joe McCoy 13FW? All the sizing charts are pictures in Japanese. 

Wondering if I'd need a medium or large

Button ups I usually wear 

Shoulder 45cm

Width 52cm

Length 70cm

Sleeve 61cm

But would want a little bit over all looser fit than my button ups, but not by a whole lot.