London Uniqlo selvedge

sybaritical

Whether it's a nationwide thing or not I've no idea, but for anyone who's interested, Uniqlo in Richmond are selling their stock of Greenline selvedge for £9.99 a pair. They've got a bunch of sizes, 30-38 all with a standard 35 inch leg, but just to prove they've really lost it, they're offering any desired alterations for a further whole budget breaking £2. Mental. icon_smile.gif

It's a great deal forsure, but it's hardly worth sending them international, unless you mule them yourself, right? Once you've paid for post and packing, plus any taxes and import duties ( cos there's bound to be some somewhere) and rahrahrah all the rest, you'd probably be better off getting someone to pick a pair up from the Uniqlo store in NYC.

There was, but there ain't no more. My mistake. It's late, I'm blunt. I live in London.

Quick thread search says:

"Beginning Sept. 1 Uniqlo, a popular Japanese retailer, will introduce Americans to its casual fashions with a temporary shop, Uniqlo@Vice, in the Vice store at the intersection of SoHo and NoLIta. New Yorkers can stock up on the affordable merchandise there until Sept. 30. Beginning Sept. 15 Uniqlo will spread its wings by opening a stand-alone store in the Menlo Park Mall in Edison, N.J. Two more shops will open this fall in New Jersey, in Rockaway Townsquare and Freehold Raceway Mall. At 252 Lafayette Street, (212) 219-7788."

the 2 already open stores in NJ are carrying the selvedge denim . . http://www.uniqlousa.com/cgi-bin/cat?pt=md . . .not sure if its the same as the UK/Japanese versions. I called to see if the NJ stores do mail order, they don't, but the person told me they are working on a US ecommerce site to sell direct in the next couple of months, she was vague. who knows by the time its up their dry denim might be on sale in the US for $18 icon_smile.gif

Edited by the black arm on Oct 18, 2005 at 05:59 PM

just been to regent street and they do have them. Downstairs, back wall. Bottom row in the 2nd column from the right. Under the 9.99 label are all the selvage, the rest on the columns/bottom row are the one-wash which look dry. Sizes : i got the last 34/35 on the shelves (maybe they have more in the back) the rest was all 30x35. 9.99 is so cheap it's a crime.