supermeatheads

kunk75

In any case, know the difference between 'hurt' and 'injured'. If you think it's a problem, don't hesitate to see a doctor. If you know its just an ache that will be gone tomorrow, don't necessarily get it checked out, but any shoulder related can point to your technique as a root cause. In both cases, wait until irritation is gone at the very least before returning to the same activity.

weighed today @ 158

recent numbers:

squat today @ 295 x1

deadlift: 395 x 1

bench: 225 x 3

press: 135 x 1

recently switched to wendlers' 5/3/1

stuck on both presses, and my squat hasn't progressed.

Edited by Knugget

anyone recommend me some lifting shoes, or brands to check out? ideally id want shoes that work for both running and lifting (when i cut ill be using the treadmill). ive been looking at flyknits for running but not sure if theyd be bad for lifting.

much appreciated

chucks

nike frees - 3.0 probably the best since it's closest to barefoot

nb minimus

don't buy flyknits. i squatted in them once and it just felt weird, probably due to the cushioning.

Edited by Jokez

Finally starting to cut down for spring. Feel so much stronger than last year, weighed in yesterday at a lean 140lb.

Stats:

Height: 5'.3"

Weight: 140lb.

BF: 8

waist: 28

best numbers so far

Back squat: 325lb

Front squat: 245lb

Dead: 345lb (new pr needs more work)

Flat bench: 240lb

press: 145lb. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Those look pretty sturdy, probably gonna be really stiff when you first use them. Dunno about your ankle pain but if your form is solid your lower back should get used to the volume after a while. My lower back only gets really sore nowadays from heavy deadlifts. Just make sure you're "sitting down" as opposed to "sitting back" like this illustration shows:

MobgL.jpg

You should feel it more on your quads as opposed to your back and glutes. I was actually doing Figure B for a while since I based my form off of Starting Strength, switched to A recently after some stretching and got over a stall.

so Position A is the correct, and confirmed consensus of perfect form to a proper squat?

for some reason i have seen videos that do B, but maybe i couldnt discern the difference.

I just got back into squats and did a plate and now my lower back is killing me. I've been doing Form B this entire time

also can someone recommend me a proper dead lift form? I want to get back into that but now im nervous to start. dont want to pull anything

Edited by mr.invincible

just couldnt bend like that with my ass that low

it takes about a few weeks of stretching to get into that position perfectly, or at least in my experience. the illustration probably also assumes that you're wearing shoes with a raised heel which makes it a lot easier on your ankles. and if you have long femurs it's harder to go ass 2 grass like that. it doesn't really matter if you don't care about doing olympic lifts or front squats though

unrelated video: Mike T is a BEAST

• 2 weeks later...

working up to a 1rm on deadlifts really makes me hate deadlifts

hey wrong_move, which good life is that in your clean and jerk video? I went to the meadowvale one in sauga and it looks exactly like it lol

lol that's the one. I switched gyms recently though, Grunt Performance on *Matheson and Tomken. They got some strongman equipment, bumper plates + TWO platforms and they gave me a good deal at $45/month. It's 24 hours as well

Edited by wrong_move

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...