#301 5-4=Unity

5-4=Unity

semibored

• Pip
  • 272 posts
  • joined 07 june 07
  • talents:music, classic cinema, travel

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:50 AM

i feel dirty but they have supported this party (Hollywood now ICE) from the beginning. C.R.E.A.M.

Why would you feel dirty? You play commercial top-40 house music, Ed Hardy seems like a good fit for your scene.
soindieithurts.com

#302 bentobox

bentobox

superbored

• Pip
  • 463 posts
  • joined 15 october 07

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:21 AM

So just want to let everyone know that Onzieme is open again, albeit until 1 AM. www.onzi-eme.com
Playing there tonight. Lineup is DJ Maar of Dexpistols, DJ Juse and then me and DJ Imai in what they are now calling the "Island Floor" (ie 2nd room). As always, open doors for all Superfuturians. Feel free to PM me for guest list.

Edited by bentobox, 18 July 2012 - 05:22 AM.

#303 1M

1M

superbored

• Pip
  • 645 posts
  • joined 03 april 05

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

any spots in osaka that aren't edm?

#304 the bandanna almanac

the bandanna almanac

superbored

• Pip
  • 312 posts
  • joined 05 june 08
  • talents:Kapital, Tezomeya, Repair, Osaka

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

any spots you recommend in Shinmachi?

i know there isn't really much to see in Osaka for touristy things. I'll try to hit up Naoshima. Any other suggestions?

There are quite a few touristy things in Osaka. Anything specific you are looking for? Is there anything besides touristy stuff you are interested in seeing?

#305 1M

1M

superbored

• Pip
  • 645 posts
  • joined 03 april 05

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

There are quite a few touristy things in Osaka. Anything specific you are looking for? Is there anything besides touristy stuff you are interested in seeing?

nothing specific. just exploring new places. i've been to osaka last year but was mainly based in shinsaibashi. so looking to see what else i can see that is unique to osaka.

#306 the bandanna almanac

the bandanna almanac

superbored

• Pip
  • 312 posts
  • joined 05 june 08

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

nothing specific. just exploring new places. i've been to osaka last year but was mainly based in shinsaibashi. so looking to see what else i can see that is unique to osaka.

In that case Kitahama. Plenty of unique cafes in old buildings. 芝川ビル and ホテルユニジ大阪淀屋橋 are nice. Shibakawa building has a glasses store that is from Sabae, Fukui. For night, walking around Tenma is a lot of fun, just opened a new branch of Beer Belly there which is a Osaka craft brewery. Tsuruhashi area has a Korean town that is always interesting. If you are here in the next week or so Tenjin Matsuri will be held, Osaka's biggest festival.

#307 bentobox

bentobox

superbored

• Pip
  • 463 posts
  • joined 15 october 07

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:51 AM

Korean food in Tsuruhashi for dinner highly recc'd.
Definitely check out Tenjin Matsuri. Best place to enter the fray is from Minami Morimachi Station.

#308 the bandanna almanac

the bandanna almanac

superbored

• Pip
  • 312 posts
  • joined 05 june 08

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

This place is always worth checking out.

#309 the bandanna almanac

the bandanna almanac

superbored

• Pip
  • 312 posts
  • joined 05 june 08

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

And if you want to dive head first into the underworld and subculture-freak scene of Osaka there you have got to go here.

#310 bentobox

bentobox

superbored

• Pip
  • 463 posts
  • joined 15 october 07

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

any spots in osaka that aren't edm?

Azure - hip hop. (open till 3)
Wax/Candy for all genre / commercial top40ish / Japano disco action depending on the night. (open till 3)
Sam and Dave Zero and 2 for hip hop/ commercial top40. (open till 3)
Giraffe on Monday - hip hop/ commercial top40. (open till 1)
Owl Umeda on Wednesday - hip hop. (open till 1)

#311 1M

1M

superbored

• Pip
  • 645 posts
  • joined 03 april 05

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

Korean food in Tsuruhashi for dinner highly recc'd.

was definitely planning on that. any recommended spots? the more hectic and soakin with soju/makgeolli, the better!

And if you want to dive head first into the underworld and subculture-freak scene of Osaka there you have got to go here.

amazing. will check. thanks!

Edited by 1M, 20 July 2012 - 03:44 PM.

#312 1M

1M

superbored

• Pip
  • 645 posts
  • joined 03 april 05

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

is naoshima doable as a day trip from osaka..?

Edited by 1M, 20 July 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#313 the bandanna almanac

the bandanna almanac

superbored

• Pip
  • 312 posts
  • joined 05 june 08

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

You won't really have time to see all of the island in one day. You can obviously get there and come back to Osaka in one day, but you will have to rush.

Edited by the bandanna almanac, 22 July 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#314 jackg

jackg

superdemimod

• supermod
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts
  • joined 16 march 09

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

jackg: Stay at Hostel64 and rent one of their bikes to ride down Orange St for some sick shopping. Nearby as well is Utsubo Park where there is an awesome Cafe that does the best coffee you'll find in Japan as well as a famous bakery with that has a security guard out the front. Perfect way to spend your morning.

this was spot on. Went out on a super nice day, didn't end up finding the bakery might have been closed? but ended up having coffee at cafe vade mecum which was lovely. super jealous that you guys live in such an amazing city :)

will be going back to japan asap.

#315 trem

trem

bored

• Pip
  • 57 posts
  • joined 09 august 11

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

bento anything on matey

what places are open all night?

#316 redragon

redragon

bored

• Pip
  • 673 posts
  • joined 11 september 11
  • attitude:chilled
  • denim:addict

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

Will be in Osaka for 2-3 days, top of the list will def be the aquarium, what other things worth seeing?
Any recommendation for restaurant/cafe in reasonable price range?

#317 jackg

jackg

superdemimod

• supermod
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts
  • joined 16 march 09

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

I thought the aquarium was kind of boring to be honest!

We went to minami one night which was pretty amazing and the umeda sky building was also pretty incredible.

also this:

Posted Imagebeatplusmelody, on 21 June 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

jackg: Stay at Hostel64 and rent one of their bikes to ride down Orange St for some sick shopping. Nearby as well is Utsubo Park where there is an awesome Cafe that does the best coffee you'll find in Japan as well as a famous bakery with that has a security guard out the front. Perfect way to spend your morning.

Edited by jackg, 04 September 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#318 Ossington

Ossington

bored

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • joined 01 may 10

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:17 AM

I'm going to be in Osaka for one day and would like to know where to get some quality jeans. Most that I have are nudie/apc-level. I would like to get a pair at skull/pbj level. I know of Hinoya, but not much else. Everything I see is Tokyo.

I'm staying in Amerikamura if it matters.

#319 bentobox

bentobox

superbored

• Pip
  • 463 posts
  • joined 15 october 07

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

bento anything on matey

what places are open all night?

Azure - hip hop (open till 3)
Wax/Candy - all genre / commercial top40ish / Japano disco action depending on the night. (open till 3)
Sam and Dave Zero and Sam and Dave 2 for hip hop/ commercial top40. (open till 5)
Giraffe - hip hop/ commercial top40. (open till 1)
Owl Umeda - hip hop, commercial top40, edm on weekends (open till 1)
Onzieme - various depending on the night (open till 1)
G2 - hip hop/commercial top40 (open 2-6/7AM)
Candy - all genre / commercial top40ish / Japano disco action depending on the night. (open till 5)
Pure- hip hop, commercial top 40 (open till 5)

Wax is the most crowded/fun spot of late. Music is hit or miss but always packed house. Crowd usually migrates from there
to Candy till 5. Onzieme is a shell of its former self. Quite sad really. Too bad the Let's Dance petition people can't seem to get their act in gear. Doubt this situation is going to change anytime soon for Kansai.

#320 bentobox

bentobox

superbored

• Pip
  • 463 posts
  • joined 15 october 07

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

oh and super-ratchet but sometimes fun Heaven is always open but doesnt really fill in till 5 AM with that uber late night zombie crowd.

#321 trem

trem

bored

• Pip
  • 57 posts
  • joined 09 august 11

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

Azure - hip hop (open till 3)
Wax/Candy - all genre / commercial top40ish / Japano disco action depending on the night. (open till 3)
Sam and Dave Zero and Sam and Dave 2 for hip hop/ commercial top40. (open till 5)
Giraffe - hip hop/ commercial top40. (open till 1)
Owl Umeda - hip hop, commercial top40, edm on weekends (open till 1)
Onzieme - various depending on the night (open till 1)
G2 - hip hop/commercial top40 (open 2-6/7AM)
Candy - all genre / commercial top40ish / Japano disco action depending on the night. (open till 5)
Pure- hip hop, commercial top 40 (open till 5)

Wax is the most crowded/fun spot of late. Music is hit or miss but always packed house. Crowd usually migrates from there
to Candy till 5. Onzieme is a shell of its former self. Quite sad really. Too bad the Let's Dance petition people can't seem to get their act in gear. Doubt this situation is going to change anytime soon for Kansai.

ok i saw you listed sam and daves and pure

anything of the other places you listed not full of gaijin's losers trying to get laid

looking to go to a chilled place where can have a good conversation, if they play techno it will be cool also.

#322 trem

trem

bored

• Pip
  • 57 posts
  • joined 09 august 11

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

maybe to late but i comfortably saw everything in one day

shinkansen to okiyima then local to uno. i was on the island by 10

#323 bentobox

bentobox

superbored

• Pip
  • 463 posts
  • joined 15 october 07

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:42 AM

ok i saw you listed sam and daves and pure

anything of the other places you listed not full of gaijin's losers trying to get laid

looking to go to a chilled place where can have a good conversation, if they play techno it will be cool also.

all of the major EDM clubs in town have been truly fucked by the whole crack down by the cops. Grand Cafe, Triangle, Onzieme and all the other venues that brought in big acts have been shut down or are only operating till 1 AM basically neutering them. Onzieme is hit or miss but can be a lot of fun . . .and then its 1 AM and you have to leave. Kansai is sort of a mess right now in that regard. Same thing at Butterfly in Kyoto.

#324 Playahater

Playahater

superbored

• Pip
  • 344 posts
  • joined 01 september 07

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

I'm surprised that crackdown hasn't shut down those clubs financially, it was a pain in the ass last time I was in town trying to find a decent club that wasn't shutting down around 1am. Ended up finding some hole in the wall joint playing hip hop with dudes dressed head to toe in BBC/Bape and Pelle Pelle.

#325 trem

trem

bored

• Pip
  • 57 posts
  • joined 09 august 11

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

^sounds good tbh

#326 bentobox

bentobox

superbored

• Pip
  • 463 posts
  • joined 15 october 07

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

I'm surprised that crackdown hasn't shut down those clubs financially, it was a pain in the ass last time I was in town trying to find a decent club that wasn't shutting down around 1am. Ended up finding some hole in the wall joint playing hip hop with dudes dressed head to toe in BBC/Bape and Pelle Pelle.

yeah, i know a few of these places. they can be fun.

i:m djing tonight at Giraffe . . till 1 AM. Then will switch to one of the spots listed above. Superfuturians always welcome. Just PM me if you want guest list.

#327 bentobox

bentobox

superbored

• Pip
  • 463 posts
  • joined 15 october 07

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:56 AM

PS, ended up at Sam and Dave 2 at 5 am on a Tuesday partying with Shingo Nishinari at a dancehall event and checking out his performance of "Osaka Up". People were losing their shit :) Not glamorous at all, but a lot of fun. #fubu

#328 Playahater

Playahater

superbored

• Pip
  • 344 posts
  • joined 01 september 07

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

Surprisingly random hole in the wall Hip Hop joints are quite good, people there can be corny as hell but music didn't disappoint and there weren't any random gaijin losers. I don't mind Giraffe too much although top 40 music can be a bit lame but the crowd's been decent each time i've been minus the weird foreigners.

Going to be back in town come mid Nov, hopefully you're around Bento - could have sworn I saw you playing a few years back in Australia, maybe Sydney?

#329 trem

trem

bored

• Pip
  • 57 posts
  • joined 09 august 11

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

ended up at cafe destine which was a cool small 3 story middle eastern bar in umeda.

#330 bentobox

bentobox

superbored

• Pip
  • 463 posts
  • joined 15 october 07

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

Going to be back in town come mid Nov, hopefully you're around Bento - could have sworn I saw you playing a few years back in Australia, maybe Sydney?

I played Chinese Laundry Halloween 2009 :) Maybe that show?