427 replies to this topic

#181 deltakid

deltakid

semibored

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • joined 07 october 07

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:09 PM

Yea I guess I will. Might be in Hong Kong though. PM me when you go.

#182 deltakid

deltakid

semibored

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • joined 07 october 07

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:35 PM

Been here for two years now. I live here most of the year unless I'm traveling or visit friends back in Europe.

#183 brissyboy

brissyboy

superbored

• Pip
  • 309 posts
  • joined 07 february 07

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:15 PM

Been here for two years now. I live here most of the year unless I'm traveling or visit friends back in Europe.

Nice, I'd love to live overseas. I've got 19 days and counting! Whereabouts in europe are you from?

#184 deltakid

deltakid

semibored

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • joined 07 october 07

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:25 AM

I'm originally from Munich, Germany but lived in Australia for two years before I moved to Bangkok.

#185 brissyboy

brissyboy

superbored

• Pip
  • 309 posts
  • joined 07 february 07

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:15 AM

whoa, I use to learn german in primary school for 3 years but stopped unfortunately. Hey have you travelled to other parts of Europe?

#186 deltakid

deltakid

semibored

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • joined 07 october 07

Posted 04 December 2007 - 01:12 PM

Yeah been to all major european cities. Berlin, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Lissabon, Rome, London...

I miss some of the european culture already and will probably always go back for three months during summer. I just don't like fucking grey and cold weather.

#187 brissyboy

brissyboy

superbored

• Pip
  • 309 posts
  • joined 07 february 07

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:05 AM

cool I'm thinking of moving overseas for quite some time but can't afford to check out every place. What's a good city for young people 24-30, nice beaches, weather, good nightlife and clothes and spectacularly stunning women?

#188 brissyboy

brissyboy

superbored

• Pip
  • 309 posts
  • joined 07 february 07

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:08 AM

17 days this is going to be loose!!

#189 deltakid

deltakid

semibored

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • joined 07 october 07

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:40 AM

You got all this here in Bangkok except that nice beaches are 3-4 hours by car away (depends which direction you go). "Good nightlife" is pretty different for each person. The problem of Bangkok is that there are not as many diverese places when it comes to music. In most other western cities you have rock, jazz, hiphop, house, trance, electro, dnb... places. You won't find this sort of variety in Bangkok.

#190 xcoldricex

xcoldricex

superfuture6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,154 posts
  • joined 05 december 04

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:29 AM

you must not be looking hard enough.
===============================================
叉冷饭叉 fine goods:
Linea, Lmaltieri, Gustavolins, Y's, UC, and more... // Julius, Number (N)ine //
===============================================

#191 deep flux

deep flux

bored

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • joined 29 october 07

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:59 AM

Diversity of music styles isn't really a problem. The problem is that there isn't much variety within each style . If you're into hip-hop for example, be prepared to hear the same songs played at every "hip hop" club. There's no distinction between east coast, west coast, old school, etc.

Bangkok is a great place, but I think the club/party scene pales in comparison to most other major cities around the world.

#192 brissyboy

brissyboy

superbored

• Pip
  • 309 posts
  • joined 07 february 07

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:10 AM

Diversity of music styles isn't really a problem. The problem is that there isn't much variety within each style . If you're into hip-hop for example, be prepared to hear the same songs played at every "hip hop" club. There's no distinction between east coast, west coast, old school, etc.

Bangkok is a great place, but I think the club/party scene pales in comparison to most other major cities around the world.

Is there any clubs to stay away from? Ie rough crowds, mafia hangouts etc?

#193 deep flux

deep flux

bored

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • joined 29 october 07

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:46 AM

Not really. Stick to the main tourist areas and you'll be fine.

#194 lms

lms

superbored

• Pip
  • 249 posts
  • joined 26 november 05

Posted 09 December 2007 - 10:33 AM

worldsexguide dot com, am i rite or am i rite?

#195 deltakid

deltakid

semibored

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • joined 07 october 07

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:18 AM

It all depends how special your taste of music is. For me (I like oldschool breaks, oldschool hiphop, dnb, jungle, italo disco) most of the venues don't offer much unless they have special events.

If you just look for mainstream music genres you are fine in Bangkok as well of course. But for example the places that have electronic music change the sound and you got to check the schedule. In most other cities of that size that I visited you have clubs dedicated to a much more narrow spectrum of sound. In Bangkok you got to really get informed or you might end up with something you don't like (if you are picky about the sound).

As a newbie you might want to stay away from the upstair bars in patpong and if you go cruising in red light districts and plan to stay a couple of hours in one place pay after a couple of drinks and then later again. This helps you not getting ripped off at the end of the evening when you don't really know how much you had anyway.

Checking the red light scene in Bangkok is fun and I can def. recommend it. The whole scenery is interesting and seeing the sex tourists is like going to a zoo. Taking a skanky h0e back home is another story. If you can't hold it go to short time hotels that are pretty much everywhere.

#196 brissyboy

brissyboy

superbored

• Pip
  • 309 posts
  • joined 07 february 07

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:33 PM

r u checking out the fmp this ny?

#197 deltakid

deltakid

semibored

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • joined 07 october 07

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:25 PM

Nah already got some other plans. We go to a friends party in his house.

#198 brissyboy

brissyboy

superbored

• Pip
  • 309 posts
  • joined 07 february 07

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:36 PM

nice. only 10 days left before I leave, can't wait!

#199 brissyboy

brissyboy

superbored

• Pip
  • 309 posts
  • joined 07 february 07

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:34 PM

1wk to go! can't wait! Anyone wanna hang out in bk, will be with a few friends but we can all chill.

#200 littleomar

littleomar

semibored

• Pip
  • 132 posts
  • joined 08 april 07

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:01 AM

worldsexguide dot com, am i rite or am i rite?

did you find your gf that way?

#201 M4TM

M4TM

superjunkie

• PipPip
  • 2,048 posts
  • joined 28 september 04

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:10 AM

will be there on the 22nd...

there's an election on the 23rd - heard possible protests? is it really gonna be that bad?
BUY : Vintage Supreme Stuff :
http://supertalk.sup...erseyteeshoody/

#202 deltakid

deltakid

semibored

• Pip
  • 56 posts
  • joined 07 october 07

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:31 PM

Protests are usually just in a certain area and won't have any effects on tourists. Check local news where it is and avoid it if you feel unsafe. There were no major casualties in all of the latest protests so I wouldn't worry at all.

#203 brissyboy

brissyboy

superbored

• Pip
  • 309 posts
  • joined 07 february 07

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:32 AM

will be there on the 22nd...

there's an election on the 23rd - heard possible protests? is it really gonna be that bad?

hey where are you checking out/

#204 brissyboy

brissyboy

superbored

• Pip
  • 309 posts
  • joined 07 february 07

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:44 AM

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it previously, but are there atms there for Cirrus or Maestro. Someone was telling me I should just put cash onto the visa and access my funds that way. Just don't wanna get stuck.

#205 brissyboy

brissyboy

superbored

• Pip
  • 309 posts
  • joined 07 february 07

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:47 AM

leaving in 5 days. anyone there at the moment?

#206 Largo

Largo

superbored

• Pip
  • 253 posts
  • joined 04 august 06

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:18 PM

Cirrus is on most machines, I'm fairly sure. I really doubt you'll be unable to use your atm card here-I didn't have that problem at all when I was visiting purely for tourism a few years back.

#207 brissyboy

brissyboy

superbored

• Pip
  • 309 posts
  • joined 07 february 07

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:02 AM

K thanks Largo.

If you want to get fairly decent quality t-shirts for max 1400 baht is it better to go to the shops or can you still pickup decent stuff at the chattuchak market? Just getting mixed comments.

Is that the only market around, I thought I might of read some other market that's good for clothes or maybe just imagining it?

#208 Serge d Nimes

Serge d Nimes

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,253 posts
  • joined 23 january 05

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:10 AM

Yeah, the beaches are swarming with noisy obnoxious tourists. You have to spend over $250 a night to get away from British soccer fans singing at the top of their lungs at 3:00 am. Bangkok is so much fun. We loved staying in the financial district. Khao San Road is a shit hole full of arrogant tourists. There is great food everywhere in Bangkok, everyone is friendly and speaks English, and the sky train is very convenient (and far from Khao San Road). The city is VERY noisy due to mortorcycles and tuk tuks. We didn't sleep for a couple of days, untill we went to 4 star hotels.

The red light district is so much fun. There is a Mexican restaurant there that I recommend. Bed was full of cheesy 40 year olds when I went and the DJ was spinning late 90's prog house. But the place is amazing. Good sound and architecture. We went to another club around the corner that was the same scene. RCA is where Astra is. It is where all the local kids hang out. I felt a little old there at 30 and my wife and I were the only farang.
Posted Image

#209 brissyboy

brissyboy

superbored

• Pip
  • 309 posts
  • joined 07 february 07

Posted 18 December 2007 - 11:00 PM

Yeah, the beaches are swarming with noisy obnoxious tourists. You have to spend over $250 a night to get away from British soccer fans singing at the top of their lungs at 3:00 am. Bangkok is so much fun. We loved staying in the financial district. Khao San Road is a shit hole full of arrogant tourists. There is great food everywhere in Bangkok, everyone is friendly and speaks English, and the sky train is very convenient (and far from Khao San Road). The city is VERY noisy due to mortorcycles and tuk tuks. We didn't sleep for a couple of days, untill we went to 4 star hotels.

The red light district is so much fun. There is a Mexican restaurant there that I recommend. Bed was full of cheesy 40 year olds when I went and the DJ was spinning late 90's prog house. But the place is amazing. Good sound and architecture. We went to another club around the corner that was the same scene. RCA is where Astra is. It is where all the local kids hang out. I felt a little old there at 30 and my wife and I were the only farang.

Yeh I heard it can be a bit noisy, oh well should be fun though. Was going to check out bed just for what you said, looks like an interesting place being all white. What did u mean RCA is where astra is? I'm a nub sufu member still, what's farang?

#210 brissyboy

brissyboy

superbored

• Pip
  • 309 posts
  • joined 07 february 07

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:49 PM

leaving in 2 days yippeeee