R.I.P. Guru

cyberPUNK

That death bed letter is so stupid, I can't even begin to describe how stupid

No man writes a 3000-word hate letter as he is dying. No man would "outline" recommended business practices with his last breath

so fake fake fake

A few years ago i won tickets to go see GURU. No hate, but he seemed sick then. He seemed way older than he was, had very little energy on stage, and was already pushing the SUPER PRODUCER SOLAR as he called him. Solar tried to be his onstage hype man, but wow, he was terrible. Totally uncomfterble and lame.

I walked away from the show, the first time i had seen GURU live, feeling like i had been tricked. He did not seem to be as cool and chill as his vibe on the albums, a vibe i knew well, but did not see at that show.

Every two seconds he kept pushing SEVEN GRAND records, which is the worst name in the world ever to me. Solar was so wack it almost killed the whole skit to me, lame.

All time great, for sure, no doubt. That letter is so shady its unbelievable.

Just wonder what the fuck happened with primo.

On the serious side though, there is no way in hell that "superproducer Solar" didn't write that letter. Guru was someone who crafted his words carefully, he would never have released his final message to the world containing such terrible writing... not to mention wasting his last words on petty beef.

“My loyal best friend, partner and brother, Solar”

"my loyal best friend, partner, and brother, Guru!"

GTFOOHWTBS! RIP Guru, I hope Bumpy Knuckles finds Solar and gives him what he deserves.

IT WAS A SAD DAY FOR ME TO GET CONFIRMATION ON THE DEATH OF A MAN WHO I WILL CONTINUE TO CALL MY BROTHER, KEITH ELAM, BETTER KNOWN AS GURU OF THE LEGENDARY GANG STARR.

FROM 1988-2004, WE EXPERIENCED SO MUCH SUCCESS TOGETHER THAT WE WERE ABLE TO EXPAND OUR BUSINESSES INDEPENDENTLY AND GIVE EACH OTHER WHAT GURU CALLED “CREATIVE SPACEâ€, BEFORE PLANNING TO REUNITE FOR OUR 7TH LP WHEN THE TIME WAS RIGHT. TRAGICALLY, WE WILL NEVER REACH THAT DAY.

I’VE BEEN ASKED TO COMMENT ON A LETTER SPEAKING ILL OF ME WHICH WAS SUPPOSEDLY WRITTEN BY GURU IN HIS DYING DAYS. ALL I WILL SAY ABOUT IT IS THAT OUR TIME TOGETHER WAS BEAUTIFUL, WE BUILT A HIP HOP LEGACY TOGETHER, AND NO ONE CAN RE-WRITE HISTORY OR TAKE AWAY MY LOVE FOR HIM. ONE THING I WOULD NEVER DO IS PLAY AROUND WITH THE TRUTH ABOUT HIS LIFE.

I WILL CELEBRATE GURU’S LIFE… I WILL HONOR HIS MEMORY… I WILL GRIEVE WITH THE ELAM FAMILY OVER HIS UNTIMELY DEATH… I WILL REMEMBER THE GANG STARR FOUNDATION AND ALL OF THE ORIGINAL MEMBERS OF GANG STARR WHO CAME BEFORE ME – WE ALL KNOW EACH OTHER… MOSTLY, I WILL CHERISH EVERYTHING WE CREATED TOGETHER AS GANG STARR, FOREVER. I’M GONNA MISS HEARING HIS SIGNATURE MONOTONE VOICE WHEN HE WALKS IN THE ROOM, BUT THE SONGS WILL ALWAYS BRING IT BACK TO ME….HIS RHYME FLOWS WERE INSANE, AND I WILL NEVER REMOVE HIM FROM MY HEART AND SOUL…….REST IN PEACE TO THE MAN WHO FELT “SATISFACTION FROM THE STREET CROWD REACTION†… I LOVE YOU GOO…….DJ PREMIER

http://livefromheadqcourterz.wordpress.com/2010/04/21/official-statement-from-dj-premier-on-the-death-of-keith-elam-guru/

• 2 weeks later...