film cameras (medium format, large format, 35mm, whatever)

joelz

Mamiyas have a nice polaroid back. Here's a few I took a while back(haven't used it much lately).

Used to use them for test shots, but now I shoot test shots on digital and extrapolate settings from there.

4046949434_6f43177e51.jpg

3003580448_da7e6d2ed2.jpg

thanks TPR950H for clearing that up...i apologize i haven't used my sx-70 in a while...

yea he is right sx-70 uses time zero film which is slightly different. although you can use 600 film after some modifications....

nonetheless, the sh!t is expensive whether you use time zero, 600 film or any other instant film...

unfortunately, i haven't found a store in my area that carries instant film...

^^ its available for awhile now..

http://www.the-impossible-project.com/

you can still find 600 film at drug stores and shit sometimes.

however, the sx-70 uses time zero. i think the last time i saw time zero in a drug store was close to 10 years ago. (impossible project as reissue time zero)

I've heard from various polaroid enthusiasts that The Impossible Project film is just utterly subpar.

In other news, my Mamiya 7's film advance lever is driving me insane. If I cock it like a regular 35mm, it won't fully catch, and the frame meter won't register the full crank; it'll take two cranks and then the gaps between exposure ends up being so large I lose a frame or two at the end of the roll. The new solution is a very slow advance. Kind of a bummer.

recently found my father's 3xi. any minolta enthusiasts?

scanned a few amateur photos to the interwebz.

i believe these were kodak 200 gold, probably 10 years expired by now.

4850782153_ce4aceab2a_z.jpg

4850782287_9b5da43fda_z.jpg

4851495614_77fa764b06_z.jpg

4850942415_8bbafd505d_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4960945670_d29e4acbd1.jpg

gonna make a poster out of this one.

4838608497_35f0fb2fe3.jpg

panoramic ecstatic.

going to buy either the yashica t4, the leica minilux, or the nikon 35ti this week.. unsure what to get.. leaning towards the nikon. any suggestions for around $200-$300?

Contax t2.

T2_e1.jpg

T4 is all really just hype, such a slow lens, with no manual controls.

Leica Minilux is infamous for its errors, the most common being E02 Failure, which costs around 200 dollars to fix.

• 2 weeks later...
Thinking about selling my Ricoh GR1s, RIP film.

for like 500-1000 you can pick up a hassy 501 or 503. shooting with a hassy is fantastic - I'm actually thinking about moving over from mamiya's giant rig.

shooting on velvia or ekta is ridiculous, man. Resurrect your love for film!

Yeah a 120 SLR would be great, just haven't really had the motivation to go out and shoot anything for almost a year now. The phew times I've wanted to take photos it's been for practical purposes so might sell off the GR1S and get a Canon s90 or something similar.

Can always buy another camera later. I sell off cameras I like all the time. RIP Contax T2 / Yashicamat 124.