WOW. SELL YOUR BEAT UP SHIT NOW

Guest freedomfighter

Quote:

I haven't followed the Dunk game in so long...never even heard of those (the Pigeons), are they ultra rare or something?

--- Original message by Fade to Black on Mar 15, 2006 01:25 PM

I haven't either, but I think they were released in New York only. I think there were only a small number made (something lower than 300 I think, I dunno) and kids were going crazy about these outside of some store in NY. People started to get a bit rowdy and the kids who bought a pair had to go through the back of the store and in a taxi home to stop any muggings.

They look crap though, why pay $500 for some beat up dunks. Who cares if they're rare, they're damaged, second hand and in a little kids size.

obviously people are bidding high because they're probably the most sought after dunk. it has nothing to do with 'distressed shoes' or any shit like that...they're just hard to find and, well, there's a pair up.

the fresh pairs have been sold for like 10 times that, so it only makes sense that a beat-up pair would sell for way less. even if that's still a huge fucking amount.

i think those pigeons were sold at the STPL store in NYC. it was so hyped up the cops had to be there to stop the mob from tearing down the place cos they couldn't get their grubby hands on a pair.

the retail for those was already like $300 i think.

die Kunst ist keine Wissenschaft

Quote:

kind of an arbitrary concept for a shoe... I think Nike could probably do about anything to a pair of shoes and make them limited and kids would pay ridiculous prices

--- Original message by LIVENUDEGIRLS on Mar 15, 2006 09:23 PM

Like slap a pigeon on the heel?

And to the guy just above...more than a pigeon? Essentially these are the same as the Rayguns, Lunar's, etc. They've all got simple colorways.

The difference: There aren't as many of these.

Totally agree with LIVENUDEGIRLS.

Quote:
Quote:

kind of an arbitrary concept for a shoe... I think Nike could probably do about anything to a pair of shoes and make them limited and kids would pay ridiculous prices

--- Original message by LIVENUDEGIRLS on Mar 15, 2006 09:23 PM

Like slap a pigeon on the heel?

And to the guy just above...more than a pigeon? Essentially these are the same as the Rayguns, Lunar's, etc. They've all got simple colorways.

The difference: There aren't as many of these.

Totally agree with LIVENUDEGIRLS.

--- Original message by WhoGotMeIntoThis on Mar 16, 2006 01:10 AM

exactly. theyre basically the band aids with an effin bird on the heel. i swear. take a silver spoon say you calaborated with supreme and say you only made 40 and youve just made money.

Quote:

Tabris, you are an idiot.

But I totally agree with the kid who said he liked the de la lows in the auciton above better than the originals.

I wouldn't have got rid of mine if they'd looked like that! Those are sick.

--- Original message by WhoGotMeIntoThis on Mar 15, 2006 06:12 PM

Why, because I don't like the beat up pair of pigeons? I don't care how rare they are, unless they're in a reasonable condition. They're nice when not beat up, but when they're like that, I don't like it.

Quote:

i love how the word of the thread is 'kids'

i bet there were more 30 year old asian guys than youngsters

Edited by lyingonyourdriveway on Mar 16, 2006 at 01:15 AM

--- Original message by lyingonyourdriveway on Mar 16, 2006 01:14 AM

so what the fuck are you saying?

Quote:

i love how the word of the thread is 'kids'

i bet there were more 30 year old asian guys than youngsters

Edited by lyingonyourdriveway on Mar 16, 2006 at 01:15 AM

--- Original message by lyingonyourdriveway on Mar 16, 2006 01:14 AM

Probably. I'll call just about everyone a kid, regardless of age. It's also a damn sight easier to type than adult or '30 year old asian guys', then again, just saying guys would have been just as easy. I don't care though.

Edited by Tabris on Mar 16, 2006 at 11:03 AM