Supreme S/S 2010

readytoignite

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^question for you guys with the twill rider:

how did you size? i tried on my normal size (M) a few weeks ago, but the arms felt a too slim and the body had no layering room. unfortunately, there wasn't a L on display and i didn't have a lot of time to try on clothes. i'm wondering if anyone sized up and if so how the chest/length changes with sizing (i know the measurements are up, and i've seen them, i'm just looking for personal input)

thanks

Definitely get a L, measurements online are never accurate. Size 30 pants, I always need a 32. A lot of jackets of bought from the past 2 seasons Ive had to size up as well. The Harrington was probably the only jacket that Ive had that fits true to size, as well as the m51

It's not very impressive in person. Thin, no zipper, not waterproof, definite step down from past few seasons parkas. Reminds me of something uniqlo would put out.

Coaches jackets didn't happen to magically appear right? In Red/L? :(

They really trimmed the fat on this collection. No polos, hoodies, very few new eras, no long sleeves. Really the only clunkers this season sales-wise were the Harringtons, Fishtail, mountain parka, and zip up sweater. Rightfully so for the most part too (though I'm surprised the fishtail wasn't very hyped up)

Time for those end of season wrap ups I guess!

PS Cop a riders jacket while you can, absolutely my favorite piece from this season.

the new eras seemed to have carried over from the last season... i think high crown fitteds aren't as popular as they used to be.

it does kind of sucks they didn't do any polos, for the amount you pay for one of their cut and sewn crewneck t-shirts it always seemed a better value proposition to pay an extra $5 for the polo version.

btw in-store is pretty similar to the webshop, stock-wise + some random bottle opener there now and a bolts snapback i didn't notice before... random other bringbacks are the first denim cap from a few seasons ago, plaid sportscap(!), s championship fitted

no coaches and didn't i tell all you guys you'd regret not getting one?

don't know where else to post this: aNYthing t-shirts are offensively expensive.

haha, I was eying the "what a dollar will buy you" and Psycho shirts. Who buys their stuff though? They have zero distribution and nothing ever sells out online.

anyway re: season wrap-ups - it was a decent, not great collection mostly sticking to what got the brand to where they are now. i almost always prefer f/w so that's not damning with faint praise. also good to see them investing in camo a bit more.

standouts for me:

brigade t-shirt / hoody

children t-shirt

go to hell pin

champions coach (ha!)

red dekkers

black snakeskin old skools

camo north face

leopard m-51 / camp cap

these i thought were solid:

leopard shorts

fishbones

bleacher cap

fuck 5 panel

teal crusaders athletic

grey court zip

boo to:

shitty fabric in lightweight button downs

no polos

tanks in nasty ass terry cloth

pointless outerwear

dearth of camp cap inspiration, other than the above

Agreed. Overall I found it a strong collection, especially for Spring/Summer which I normally almost totally bypass minus T's and shorts. They really got to toss the outerwear quota out the window though. Stuff like the Harrington and Mountain parka were just junky, and the utility parka was more suited for fall/winter. They sometimes hit that happy medium between light jacket/quality garment (campus jacket, M-51) but usually you end up with stuff like those shiny plastic windbreakers from last season. Give me more oxfords/long sleeves in lighter fabrics over that stuff any day.

I ended up getting a few button downs (tri-color, fishbones, medals), the bleached vans, go to hell cap, warmup hoodie, riders jacket and the northface. Pretty much got everything I aimed for minus a Red champion jacket in L (fuck you) Happy with it all.

Terrycloth tanks were just gross. Material choices in general were a little off. Missed the polos, basketball jersey, and sports caps. Wish they would have done a full on mitchell and ness quality baseball jersey too.

Oh well. Bring on fall; hope they do a full on leather down, been wanting one for a minute and last seasons vest didn't cut it(no clue why I'm thinking about this when it's hotter than an oven outside)

How do they decide on where the clothing will be manufactured? It's usually US, Canda, or China, right?

Do you see any material difference between the manufacturing quality of these locations? I don't know if I do, but the thermal lined hoodie I have from a few years back (Canada) is prob my best made piece of theirs

generally Canada (CYC) seems to be the "better" manufacturer, and the go to item of clothing to prove this is the mentioned thermal lined hoodie. I agree that this item of clothing is made well, fits right, and functions great, but to my knowledge, Supreme has never made a thermal lined hoodie with a Chinese manufacturer before, so there is no real basis for comparison. in their medium weight fleece they have used both China and Canada and I dont see a difference.

The flannels (shadow plaid and western plaid) from 2006 A/W are my favorite and were made in Japan. My liking has more to do with fit (bigger) and color choices (better) and less to do with stitching and construction.

$405 a week is glorious. Best summer in years.

haha, I was eying the "what a dollar will buy you" and Psycho shirts. Who buys their stuff though? They have zero distribution and nothing ever sells out online.

do they have any online distro other than the official store? i was actually looking today and couldnt seem to find any at the usual suspects.

do they have any online distro other than the official store? i was actually looking today and couldnt seem to find any at the usual suspects.

Back when A-ron lost control of the brand they were distributed on Karmaloop.

Speaking of which, I was trying to find a PDF of the court documents that were posted on complex. Any fanatics happen to have that saved?